Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

most powerfull truggy engine

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

most powerfull truggy engine

Old 07-21-2006, 12:54 AM
ScRacing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default most powerfull truggy engine

I need a engine to power my revo so can race with the other truggies. But because the revo is more heavy than any other truggy i need the most powerful engine. We race on fairly small tracks so i need maximum low end power and torque. I was thinking this http://www.rcbuggyshop.com/index.php...roducts_id=293 or the ninja 28 when it comes out. I'm planning on getting the ninja 21 and putting it in my jato and if i like it then i would get the 28 but i realize that would be to much power for a jato. So anyone have any suggestions? And what engines rival this one? Any help is greatly appreciated !
Old 07-21-2006, 07:21 AM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: most powerfull truggy engine

You don't need the most powerful engine out there. My buddy who is a very good driver (sponsored), borrowed my 3.3 Revo, entered it in the Truggy Class, easily qualified for the A-Main, then won it won in the A-main, the whole while running a small block against big blocks.

More powerful engines are always the way to go. I didn't think there was such a thing as too much horsepower. But there is, you have to "de-tune/re-tune" your RC to handle the power. What I've seen is that a more powerful engine causes alot of "wheelspin" So you wind up having to adjust clutch engagement, the slipper and so on.

IMO, you are better off with a .21 (longer run times between pit-stops which will make a difference). I like the Picco P7. Lots of "useable" horsepower....
Old 07-21-2006, 10:40 AM
ScRacing

well i have works clutch and i am going to order the center diff soon as posible. I can run in hte monstertruck smallblock class with my sirio 23 and i usually place realy good, i actually have won more races in that class then i have lost, but alot of hte peaple i race are hicks and noobs. But i venture over to the truggy classes, i can keep up on the rithem sections and on tight turns but the second soem one has any room they blow my dores off. they are all running 28s, and a few of them have novarossie enginse like hte 528.

Beacseu of all of this, the ninja is suposed to be "smooth" so i was thinking of getting one of those. My truck is not a pure race micheen , i enjoy bashing on my home maid jumps and practicing on the home maid track so i also have to have a bashable engine.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:03 PM
noximus

that hotmod 528 is a very nice engine, but i think you will be perfectly fine with a regular 528.

my bud drives the LST, allot heavier than most trugs, he is planning on buying the 528, i think the 528 is a perfect fit for monster trucks. JMHO>

here is a 528 up in a revo pictured on another site:

thats what i would go with if i wanted to race against truggy's with my MT. them truggy's can play with them .21's and be just as fast, so you need to make sure you got everything you need, and them 528's are power houses, but they arent too abrupt to where its uncontrollable, it can be done.

edited to add, the 528 is not considered a "bashable engine" but a race engine. so maybe you can use your other engine for bashing and this one for racing? up to you really.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:14 PM
ScRacing

well yeah i think i might do that, that is actually a realy good idea ! Hears my curent sete up.

http://scrcracing.zoomshare.com/albu...at/webchat.css
Old 07-24-2006, 10:05 PM
tonytiger

i run a jp modded v spec in my str..its faster up top than the hot mod 28 but doesent have as much grunt out of the hole...and the 21's fuel economy is almost twice as long as the 28 depending on the course