Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Rim size on stock Kyosho ST-R

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Rim size on stock Kyosho ST-R

Old 07-30-2006, 05:32 PM
kracker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rim size on stock Kyosho ST-R

Just ordered a Kyosho ST-R. I understand that it does not come with tires. Anyone know what size tires to get? Seams like the 40 series and the MT are a different diameter rim. Would like to order a set to fit the stock rims. Will consider rims and tires after the break-in and dialing in the truck. Think I'm going with Proline Crimefighters. Would appreciate any help. I'm not new to the R.C. world, but the truggy is new to me.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:33 PM
PillowPants

Default RE: Rim size on stocke Kyosho ST-R

Proline Crime fighter MT's or Bowties MT's work best.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:34 PM
Haulin bass

Default RE: Rim size on stock Kyosho ST-R

get a set of both, some days I cannot get my bowties to hook up so out come the crimes, Like full scale racing winning is 75% driver, 20% tires and 5% setup.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:40 PM
kracker

The question is what size tire, not what style. The previous post said to use the MT tire. I beleive that the MT tire and the 40 series tires take a different size rim. Is this true? I agree with you that different track conditions require different tread designs. I don't want to order a set of tires that won't fit the stock rims. Thanks for the input.
ORIGINAL: Haulin bass

get a set of both, some days I cannot get my bowties to hook up so out come the crimes, Like full scale racing winning is 75% driver, 20% tires and 5% setup.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:54 AM
kd2777

Yes MT and 40 series takes different size wheels, personally if you don't know that, then you really should have just gotten a Tmaxx.

The ST-R kit comes with MT wheels.

-Kevin-
Old 08-08-2006, 09:06 PM
kracker

I was'nt born with the knowledge of the rim size on all rc vehicles. I have never owned a monster truck because I have never been impressed with them, especially the TMAXX. (Not knocking the TMAXX, It's just that I prefer the racing type of truck over the monster type truck)I have raced in the 10th scale class for about 5 years, but that was about 5 years ago. If (you) know anything about r.c., it's that it changes all the time. I was just hoping to get the rim size so that I could order a set before the kit arrived. I have two answers saying the MT tire works. I agree and have since received the kit and bought crimefighter MT tires. My friends have the REVO 3.3 trucks and they don,t come close to the ST-R in handling on a track, although they seem like a better all around bashing type of truck. I may get a REVO 3.3 someday just to have a basher.
ORIGINAL: kd2777

Yes MT and 40 series takes different size wheels, personally if you don't know that, then you really should have just gotten a Tmaxx.

The ST-R kit comes with MT wheels.

-Kevin-