Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 New Hyper 8 Truggy - first glimpses >

New Hyper 8 Truggy - first glimpses

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

New Hyper 8 Truggy - first glimpses

Old 08-07-2006, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hyper 8 Truggy - first glimpses

ORIGINAL: Tazer_version_A

The Jammin and Mutilator chassis' are not wider because of the spur gear, they are wider because that is the design, no side mud guards.
TNX ... I challenge you to take a Jammin CRT's center diff assembly and mount it on a Jammin X1 CR buggy and show me a picture of it.

I am most definately claiming they have to widen the chassis and much rotating and static mass AWAY from the center of the vehicle to clear the servo and radio tray to accomodate the large center spur. The larger spur causes the vehicle to be wider ... period.

7075 CNC Alum is a poor substitute for a plastic rock guard in a racing vehicle.
See TNX...I told you so, so get your arse outa your head! And the other truggies you mentioned dont have big spur gears so there[:'(]
Old 08-07-2006, 10:06 PM

The LSP does not have a 62 tooth center spur Nox. Hence why the lsp hardened diffs - fit like gloves in the kyosho as a replacement part for them. My bro who owns and runs the Hot Box rc track in Santa Ana is getting 3 days of run time out of his ring and pinions in his ST-R. Kyosho guys use it as their secret test track - as is AE and Losi too now ... its private and very few folks get in on midweek. He had Ryan Lutz there yesterday just ripping the place a new arse - and all the Local Kyosho team guys are there helping him with his truck. My buddy aint no dunce about building his truck and he has all the time to take care of it and all the K car pros helping him - and he still cant keep the diffs together ...

WOW - did I tangent - sheeeeesh sorry.

Whats the center spur tooth count on a LSP?
wow 62t? that is big. so i guess your theory will be correct, as the LSP only has a 50t. that makes more sense to me than using the extra width as mud guards JMHO>

3 days on his ring and pinions? who is helping him out? and they still cant figure it out?

what engine is he running?
Old 08-08-2006, 06:39 AM

Tazer A and CrazySavage

The MSR 777T and the MSR MBX5T are both 62T spur truggis, both have narrow chassis. Not sure how I could be wrong?
Old 08-08-2006, 06:43 AM

ORIGINAL: TNX

Tazer A and CrazySavage

The MSR 777T and the MSR MBX5T are both 62T spur truggis, both have narrow chassis. Not sure how I could be wrong?
Your wrong!
Old 08-08-2006, 01:31 PM

Everything is narrower than the CRT's chassis .....
Old 08-08-2006, 06:51 PM

Hang on a sec. My point was that the CRT's chassis was wide like it is to do away with side guards, and that the chassis does not need to be wide to accomodate a large spur. The MSR Truggies are narrow chassis with CRT spurs.

CrazySavage, man, you are like a lost puppy looking for someone to lead you. You dont even know what you are saying I am wrong about. Perhaps form your own opinion?
Old 08-08-2006, 07:51 PM

Hang on a sec. My point was that the CRT's chassis was wide like it is to do away with side guards, and that the chassis does not need to be wide to accomodate a large spur. The MSR Truggies are narrow chassis with CRT spurs.

CrazySavage, man, you are like a lost puppy looking for someone to lead you. You dont even know what you are saying I am wrong about. Perhaps form your own opinion?
I cant form my own opinion...please guide me!...would you?...please! Thanks for diagnosis, would call in a perscription for me of the drug of your choice, Doc.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:00 AM

Are you 10 years old?
Old 08-09-2006, 07:35 AM

Are you 10 years old?
You started this BS, why dont you just give it up and move on. I may have miss typed something or miss read something but you came on as the know it all and I came back at you. You have no idea of what I know and I have no idea of what you know but facts are facts and I run the CRT, made lots of modifications on it, and am building a project based on the CRT that reduces the spur gear size and that reveals the reasons why things are designed the way they are. I got into with you and I feel stupid for that but you didnt turn the other cheek either, How do you feel about it?
Old 08-09-2006, 10:33 AM

Why can't this forum have the smiley eating popcorn ? I'd love to use it now

Ah well, *sits back and watches*

Old 08-09-2006, 11:59 AM

SHows over ... move along .... nothing to see here ....
Old 08-09-2006, 01:52 PM

i thought this was the hyper8 thread not fight club[>:]
Old 08-09-2006, 05:33 PM

Fight club thats funny.

The CRT smaller spur project has already been done.

How do I feel? kinda hungry, a little tired. Oh, about the discussion? I thought it was kinda funny, and you obviously took it alot more seriously than I did.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:06 PM

Fight club thats funny.

The CRT smaller spur project has already been done.

How do I feel? kinda hungry, a little tired. Oh, about the discussion? I thought it was kinda funny, and you obviously took it alot more seriously than I did.
Everybody says that after one of these. Now how about the smaller spur project for the CRT. Can you tell me where to look for info on it?
Old 08-09-2006, 11:40 PM

http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/in...showtopic=6674
Old 08-10-2006, 06:57 AM

I also did a butch version in April. I had an ebay RTR chassis milled 6mm to slide the engine over, used CR buggy center posts, brake cams, no spacers on the top, LSP 50T spur and Mayhem ST ring and pinions (45/11). Looked good, but was never meant to run because of the crap chassis.

Socal, I have given up on the now two places that I have tried to get a chassis cut. In the meantime I will be using a Mutilator chassis just so i can bolt on the suspension and show you my thoughts and solutions for the incredible amount of obstacles that wacky 9.5 design caused No wonder Hong Nor looked closer to Kyosho/Standard gears and bulkheads on the CR/CRT cars.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:20 AM

I'm aware of the BCE project and have set my money aside for it. I was hoping someone found a solution for the front and rear diff ratio, I have a custom cut chassis for mounting the center diff from the buggy I just need to get the sides radiused(bent upwards) I know that Bill stated the HB pinion needed modification but I didnt want to jump into it and not be able to make them work. It looks like I'll be waiting til spring for the BCE setup. I'm sure it will take that long to get it ready for sale. I'll do anything to not have to run a Kyosho truck, everybody is doing just that and it's boring racing against 15 identical rides at one track.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:27 AM

Mayhem ST ring and pinions and HB LSP need the same mod. Its very very minor. On the pinion shaft, instead of having a pure flat spot for the CVD set screw to sit on, they have notches for teh set screw. Problem is where the CRT set screw wants to sit, the pinions are 8mm unmachined. . A machine shop could do the mod very quick and make it look stock. A dremel can do it in 30 seconds and make it look rough. However, they are covered by the CVD cup, so it doesnt really matter.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:34 AM

Mayhem ST ring and pinions and HB LSP need the same mod. Its very very minor. On the pinion shaft, instead of having a pure flat spot for the CVD set screw to sit on, they have notches for teh set screw. Problem is where the CRT set screw wants to sit, the pinions are 8mm unmachined. . A machine shop could do the mod very quick and make it look stock. A dremel can do it in 30 seconds and make it look rough. However, they are covered by the CVD cup, so it doesnt really matter.
Thanx...It's nice to talk to you in civil manor. I got to get to work, have good one.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:38 PM

It doesnt mean that I am your friend or anything J/K
Old 08-10-2006, 01:14 PM

It doesnt mean that I am your friend or anything J/K
Yes it does, (Buddy)
Old 08-10-2006, 04:27 PM

TNX .... u honrey ol kuss!!!

Hows the proto going? pics? Mugen MBX5t arms / shafts and shocks??? ..... mmmmm - yummy.

For a while there I thought u were going to argue that the Ferris Wheel spur on the CRT didnt move the engine out farther from the center :-)

Old 08-10-2006, 05:18 PM

TNX .... u honrey ol kuss!!!

Hows the proto going? pics? Mugen MBX5t arms / shafts and shocks??? ..... mmmmm - yummy.

For a while there I thought u were going to argue that the Ferris Wheel spur on the CRT didnt move the engine out farther from the center :-)

I just wanted to hit you guys up on the long front shock mod I've been running. I use the Vertigo laydown towers. I'm running rear shocks all the way around and it is amazing, If you want details on the mod just say so. With a smaller spur, this setup may be the end all, that is how good it feels on the track, any size track. It walks through whoop sections that I used to jump. Have we gotten off subject?
Old 08-10-2006, 06:02 PM

hey savage can you use the dace mfg. front tower and use the rear shocks on the front?
Old 08-10-2006, 07:36 PM

ORIGINAL: roscoe71

hey savage can you use the dace mfg. front tower and use the rear shocks on the front?
With all the extra holes on that tower it just may work. The only person I have seen using those towers, ran front shock bodies with rear shock shafts and increased the up travel quite well but he had to place old shock seals on the shaft out side of the body so the piston would not push through the shock bladder. I think you would only get signifigant up travel improvement if you stood the shocks up at the highest hole on the tower.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.