Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

New Hyper 8 Truggy - first glimpses

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

New Hyper 8 Truggy - first glimpses

Old 08-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Tazer_version_A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Hyper 8 Truggy - first glimpses

http://www.rc-car.com/news/news_hobaokortz.asp

Old 08-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Tazer_version_A

Default RE: New Hyper 8 Truggy - first glimpses

Thing looks very cool

Funny to see the Jammin Body on it LOL - tells me she pretty long.

Can someone tell me what shocks those are :-) ?

Chassis brace up front - all the way to the chassis :clap

Cant tell for sure - but doesnt have a WIDER chassis really, nor does the t/b servo appear to be raised up to accomodate a Large Center Spur :clap :clap :clap :clap
Old 08-02-2006, 08:39 PM
RJ123

looks cool thats 4 sure, but do u kno what the price will be?
Old 08-02-2006, 09:04 PM
PillowPants

WOW thats a long truggy..[X(] Reminds me of a MT.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:09 PM
RC30GTR

nice one but just ordinary...I like the CEN Matrix Truggy better....
Old 08-03-2006, 09:25 AM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: RC30GTR

nice one but just ordinary...I like the CEN Matrix Truggy better....
The Matrix looks cool but it looks like it's going to run a giant spur gear. Truggies with small center spurs are the way to go, this lowers the center of gravity with the center diff(very heavy), the throttle servo and all the linkage(medium heavy) and the drive shaft angle is reduced for less wear and better effiency. The plastic bar on that truck is more weight sitting up high and looks like a sales gimmick.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Tazer_version_A

The larger center spur also requires you to spread your hardware out wider - away from the center of the vehicle, and adds mass to the chassis pan - in most cases. [See Jammin CRT and the Mutilator chassis]

As an example - Mutilator on top - Tazer underneath

Just information - not claiming any one truggy is BETTER than another - just adding info to Crazy Savages line of thinking. AS I happen to agree with it.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:30 PM
noximus

question for any of you that might know, which chassis is wider, is it the CRT chassis or the hyper 8 chassis?

also what rims come stock with the hyper 8?

the hyper 8 chassis looks more narrow than the CRT chassis.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:15 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: noximus

question for any of you that might know, which chassis is wider, is it the CRT chassis or the hyper 8 chassis?

All that is too soon to tell, proto chassis is much narrower than the CRT. I hope it stays and then buggy stone guards will pop right on.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:35 PM
noximus

ORIGINAL: crazysavage

All that is too soon to tell, proto chassis is much narrower than the CRT. I hope it stays and then buggy stone guards will pop right on.
i think that would be a great idea if they went that way.

i know many might chop my head off for saying this, but i think this trug looks to be a better buy over the CRT, with a couple of upgrades you could be good to go. JMHO.

and if its cheaper than the CRT (which i am assuming it should be) this may be worth looking into, or i would really like to give one a try.

everybody is all over that mugen trug, but this i feel should not be missed.

i know this might be too early to ask as well, but how much does this thing weigh in at?

Old 08-03-2006, 05:32 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You live america, thats why you have an opinion.

Let freedom ring for all
Old 08-03-2006, 06:45 PM
crazysavage

i think that would be a great idea if they went that way.

i know many might chop my head off for saying this, but i think this trug looks to be a better buy over the CRT, with a couple of upgrades you could be good to go. JMHO.

and if its cheaper than the CRT (which i am assuming it should be) this may be worth looking into, or i would really like to give one a try.

everybody is all over that mugen trug, but this i feel should not be missed.

i know this might be too early to ask as well, but how much does this thing weigh in at?

So what if people chop your head off. I run the CRT and the CR pro FTE and when the Kyosho STR came out I made a bunch of changes to my CRT to get back up to speed but that is wht I picked it. I knew there was alot of room to make minor changes to the wheel base and now I run long rear shocks in the front and now I'm back in front of the STR at the tracks we run at and now the STR guys are making changes to get back in front of me. I'm open for improvement and if the truck can spank mine (with all things being equal) I would bale on the CRT and go H8, as long as I dont sell out to myself and get an STR.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:17 PM
noximus

So what if people chop your head off. I run the CRT and the CR pro FTE and when the Kyosho STR came out I made a bunch of changes to my CRT to get back up to speed but that is wht I picked it. I knew there was alot of room to make minor changes to the wheel base and now I run long rear shocks in the front and now I'm back in front of the STR at the tracks we run at and now the STR guys are making changes to get back in front of me. I'm open for improvement and if the truck can spank mine (with all things being equal) I would bale on the CRT and go H8, as long as I dont sell out to myself and get an STR.
yea but how nice it is to just buy a kit right out the box, put it together, throw a decent motor up in it, servos, and hit the track and feel a notable difference right there and then. at that point you know you are ahead of the power curve, and your starting point is that much further.

not everybody has the knowledge or common sense to try and implement different set ups, new tires, new rims, new motor, hell i am one of them lol how many people have you givin advice to, and they did the total opposite? i have many times not listened to some great advice and had to learn the hard way LOL 300 some odd dollars later.....

but that is awesome how you wont just jump ship for another kit just because something new just came out, hell if that was the case, every 3 months or so, you would have to buy a new kit!! thats crazy dude.

but back on track here, that truggy looks nice for what it is in those pictures. i would like to see the final product, more importantly would like to see how it runs! lol
Old 08-03-2006, 08:36 PM
crazysavage

The most important thing I see on the H8 is the small spur gear. It's the main advantage the STR has over the CRT. Bce is putting together a small spur set up for the CRT and that will bring the truck on line until something else comes out with an advantage. Ive owned Kyosho racers and yes it is nice to be able to plug and go but I like to win with the underdog machine with my personnel touches.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:04 AM
Muswagon

The Jammin and Mutilator chassis' are not wider because of the spur gear, they are wider because that is the design, no side mud guards. If you want proof, look no further than than the MSR 777 and MBX5 chassis', they are the same width as buggy chassis, with the engine mounts 5mm outward to accomodate the giant spur.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:45 AM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: TNX

The Jammin and Mutilator chassis' are not wider because of the spur gear, they are wider because that is the design, no side mud guards. If you want proof, look no further than than the MSR 777 and MBX5 chassis', they are the same width as buggy chassis, with the engine mounts 5mm outward to accomodate the giant spur.
I dont know what you read but I was not implying that the spur gear set up on any of these trucks causes a wider chassis design. They are seperate issues. I feel mud guards are better than a fatter heavier chassis and a small spur gear is way more desirable than a ferris wheel spur gear. It should be noted that as Tazer pointed out, you need more mass at the rear of the chassis to accomidate a big spur but the chassis can be tapered toward the front to accomidate buggy style mug guards. Tazer should know since he and others make their own truggy in several versions. They have built many prototypes and models for sale.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:28 PM
12Stones

All i know is that i like it lol
Old 08-06-2006, 10:05 AM
ringneck

i have a hyper 8 buggy right now and if this truck steers like the h8 its gonna be a MASSIVE weapon and im sure it will be alittle cheaper than the crt/mugens/srt trucks. hobao has sold a ton of hyper8 bugs since they were released and im sure they will sell a ton of thease to. just because of the handling it will have and price tag.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:18 PM
noximus

ORIGINAL: roscoe71

i have a hyper 8 buggy right now and if this truck steers like the h8 its gonna be a MASSIVE weapon and im sure it will be alittle cheaper than the crt/mugens/srt trucks. hobao has sold a ton of hyper8 bugs since they were released and im sure they will sell a ton of thease to. just because of the handling it will have and price tag.
im thinking you are right on point.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:24 AM
bakerschoice

Looks like RC Car is picking up the pace. Cool to see spy photos along with that new website. Still needs a discussion forum like RC Car Action though.

Kortz always has to look so tough, hahaha. The new truck looks nice though. Who took the pics & what track is that behind Kortz?
Old 08-07-2006, 07:26 AM
Muswagon

CrazySavage, get your head out of your arse.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:51 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: TNX

CrazySavage, get your head out of your arse.
OK...what ever you say man.[]
Old 08-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Tazer_version_A

The Jammin and Mutilator chassis' are not wider because of the spur gear, they are wider because that is the design, no side mud guards.
TNX ... I challenge you to take a Jammin CRT's center diff assembly and mount it on a Jammin X1 CR buggy and show me a picture of it.

I am most definately claiming they have to widen the chassis and much rotating and static mass AWAY from the center of the vehicle to clear the servo and radio tray to accomodate the large center spur. The larger spur causes the vehicle to be wider ... period.

7075 CNC Alum is a poor substitute for a plastic rock guard in a racing vehicle.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:47 PM
noximus

not trying to pick sides here, but the LSP has a larger center diff assembly, but yet it isnt as wide as the CRT. i think they wanted their chassis to be that wide for more stability? at least thats my theory. i dont think they wanted it that way to replace the rock guards, but they may have made it that way for its center gear, but by looking at the LSP chassis, i guess it can be done.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Tazer_version_A

The LSP does not have a 62 tooth center spur Nox. Hence why the lsp hardened diffs - fit like gloves in the kyosho as a replacement part for them. My bro who owns and runs the Hot Box rc track in Santa Ana is getting 3 days of run time out of his ring and pinions in his ST-R. Kyosho guys use it as their secret test track - as is AE and Losi too now ... its private and very few folks get in on midweek. He had Ryan Lutz there yesterday just ripping the place a new arse - and all the Local Kyosho team guys are there helping him with his truck. My buddy aint no dunce about building his truck and he has all the time to take care of it and all the K car pros helping him - and he still cant keep the diffs together ...

WOW - did I tangent - sheeeeesh sorry.

Whats the center spur tooth count on a LSP?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.