Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

OFNA CRT HELP!

Old 08-11-2006, 07:26 AM
swerv512

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFNA CRT HELP!

does anyone know what speed the hand-held "shaft start" spins at. i have a two speed drill that i thought would work, it has 350 & 500 rpm, but it doesnt spin fast enough to start my force .28. it's a little 7.2 volt drill but i thought as long as it can spin fast enough- that it'll start teh truggy.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:47 AM
WPGguy

Default RE: OFNA CRT HELP!

does it not come with a roto start? its an rtr right?
Old 08-11-2006, 03:21 PM
swerv512

ORIGINAL: WPGguy

does it not come with a roto start? its an rtr right?
yeah it comes with a little hand-held starter that takes a 7.2v 6 cell pack. my problem is that the two packs that i use exclusively for the roto start die before the day's end. i wanted to use my drill because it uses a 12 volt battery. that way i can save my rtr hand-held for emergencies and use the 6 cell packs elsewhere.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:24 PM
WPGguy

ahhh gotcha... uhm maybe time to get new battery packs lol, I go all weekend on 1 charge.

And at 1 point, all 3 of my vehicles used roto start and all I'm using is a 7.2 1300mah pack..

though it probably helps when your stuff starts on the first or second time hitting the roto button
Old 08-12-2006, 08:48 AM
swerv512

yeah, i think your train of thought is headed in the right direction. i didnt even know how long the batteries are supposed to last before you rained on my parade. just kidding. i think i will be off to the hobby shop for a fresh pack or two. thanks!
Old 08-13-2006, 12:09 PM
deesnider

your drill should work, alot of ppl opt to use handheld drill instead of the roto
Old 08-14-2006, 01:30 AM
swerv512

found out today that my roto wasnt working so well because i toasted my one way bearing for the roto backplate. i'm getting a starter box, screw this. thanks though!