Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Sportwerks Mayhem ST vs. XTM Mammoth ST

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Sportwerks Mayhem ST vs. XTM Mammoth ST

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 12:24 PM
yamaharacer1112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportwerks Mayhem ST vs. XTM Mammoth ST

Im wondering how the mayhem compares to the mammoth? I have a buddy who bought one and i have a revo and i cant even come close to keeping up with the mammoth. Its alot faster and corners so much better. Is the mayhem as fast as the mammoth? Does it handle as good? thanks alot
Old 08-12-2006, 08:49 PM
rcboy93

Default RE: Sportwerks Mayhem ST vs. XTM Mammoth ST

i got a mammoth st and im not happy with it
Old 08-14-2006, 09:39 AM
ssj2

I have a Mammoth ST and I'm pretty satisfied, most of my problems came from lack of knowledge in the hobby. Check out the "Can I Have an Official Mammoth ST Thread?" for lots of helpful info on the ST. Check out My Models to see mine if you're interested. About racing, and comparing to the Mayhem, I really don't know because I've never run with a Mayhem. Also, the Mammoth ST pro Kit is coming out soon, so that's something to look into. Good luck!
Old 08-15-2006, 08:16 PM
BAMF90
My Feedback: (1)

Im wondering how the mayhem compares to the mammoth? I have a buddy who bought one and i have a revo and i cant even come close to keeping up with the mammoth. Its alot faster and corners so much better. Is the mayhem as fast as the mammoth? Does it handle as good? thanks alot

That's BULL. I have a Revo, and my friend, ssj2(post above), has a Mammoth ST. I always beat him in acceleration and handling/cornering/turning. Now he has a new digital Hitec servo, but I still turn much tighter than he can, and the Revo, NO DOUBT, has the best handling in its class(I'm including Truggies too because they are trucks). But in a straight drag, I take the lead and end up getting clobbered because he has the XTM .28, and his motor has much more top end speed than my engine does. I have more low end, but low end speed is for tracks, and short drags, not 1/4 mile drags. When he had the 24.7 we never had the chance to race because he was constantly having trouble with that motor, but I'm sure if we raced, it would have been a very close race(me probably end up losing but maybe a few car lengths).

If you are complaining about a Revo then don't, because you as the driver probably can't drive as well as your friend. And I can't believe ANYONE would say that a Mammoth ST corners better than a Revo, that is just plain DUMB. You would have to be blind to say that. Sorry if I am insulting you, but I am just saying the truth. I know, I know, the truth hurts.

If I said anything to make ssj2 feel angry, I didn't mean to, but I am just telling yamaharacer1112, that he shouldn't complain that his Revo can't beat a Mammoth. It is probably just simply a driver dificulty. And I wouldn't even CONSIDER a Mayhem ST or any other truck, after owning a Revo(kinda sarcastic, but really, the Revo is THAT GREAT).
Old 08-15-2006, 08:57 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

I have a electric revo and a mayhem st. I love the revo. It handles well, pretty tough...But it's no mayhem ST.

The Mayhem ST is fun. really fun. and it is fast. It's just as fast as a revo 3.3 or faster for sure. The SW's .26 engine rocks... over 4 gallons through mine and people at the races still ask em waht engine I run. The short wheel base makes it GREAT for bashing. It hardly never gets hung up and because it's so fast it's a blast to drive. it jumps great and turns on a dime after you play with the steering a bit.

The Revo's cool, the mayhem comes with a DX2 radio, the revo has better parts support, the mayhem has a better engine IMO, it's toss up. I say get both. You'll love them.

Also, I have to add....I have a 15T clutchbell in my mayhem st....and if you check my sig and put 2 and 2 together from the above you can see I have a 4+ gallon old engine that still pulls this mayhem to over 50 MPH confirmed, no corporate BS claims here. I have pics to prove 48+ MPH if you want proof. It accelerates very well even still geared up like that.

As big as the mammoth is, and seeing as though the engine in it is not quite what a SW's .26 is, I would imagine that it would have to be geared pretty tall out of the box to do 50MPH, which would mean slower acceleration.

I'll bet my mayhem ST's pink slip that I could smoke a mammoth ST in whatever kind of drag race the contender wanted [8D] She is that fast....I can only imagine how fast it would be if I had a OS V-Spec or a OS .30......

ORIGINAL: BAMF90

That's BULL. I have a Revo, and my friend, ssj2(post above), has a Mammoth ST. I always beat him in acceleration and handling/cornering/turning. Now he has a new digital Hitec servo, but I still turn much tighter than he can, and the Revo, NO DOUBT, has the best handling in its class(I'm including Truggies too because they are trucks). But in a straight drag, I take the lead and end up getting clobbered because he has the XTM .28, and his motor has much more top end speed than my engine does. I have more low end, but low end speed is for tracks, and short drags, not 1/4 mile drags. When he had the 24.7 we never had the chance to race because he was constantly having trouble with that motor, but I'm sure if we raced, it would have been a very close race(me probably end up losing but maybe a few car lengths).

If you are complaining about a Revo then don't, because you as the driver probably can't drive as well as your friend. And I can't believe ANYONE would say that a Mammoth ST corners better than a Revo, that is just plain DUMB. You would have to be blind to say that. Sorry if I am insulting you, but I am just saying the truth. I know, I know, the truth hurts.

If I said anything to make ssj2 feel angry, I didn't mean to, but I am just telling yamaharacer1112, that he shouldn't complain that his Revo can't beat a Mammoth. It is probably just simply a driver dificulty. And I wouldn't even CONSIDER a Mayhem ST or any other truck, after owning a Revo(kinda sarcastic, but really, the Revo is THAT GREAT).
Old 08-16-2006, 03:35 PM
ssj2

Yo BAMF, you've seen a Mammoth ST on the track? You never took me to the track if you've seen that, you, personally, don't know. I wouldn't go saying things that you aren't sure about, it's kinda giving false info, you may be right; but at the same time you could be wrong.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:07 PM
yamaharacer1112

wow i wasnt expecting a reply like bamf said. I have a revo and yes it handles great but it aint no mammoth st. There is no way the revo can keep up with the mammoth either. The revo is a GREAT truck but the truggies rule the track. I went ahead and ordered the mayhem st. We will see how it compares to the mammoth
Old 08-16-2006, 06:31 PM
BAMF90

ssj2, you have seen how wide your turning radius is. Yeah, truggies are supposed to be the God of handling, but with a turning radius like that, I don't see it happening any day. yamaharacer1112, good luck with the new Mayhem ST. I am sure you will be happy with it, but just don't give up on the Revo, it is a great truck. I mean just don't leave it as a dust collector, and if you do, could you just give/sell it to me, lol?

BTW if your friend's mammoth st handles better then the Revo, he must have a 400oz+ servo in it.

You never took me to the track if you've seen that
When did I say I have taken you to a track and raced you? I must have missed that, please fill me in.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:42 PM
sotoman7

there is no way my 3.3 revo can compete with with my mayhem st. I own both of them so I think I can say that. I like them both but they can not compete head to head.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:53 PM
BAMF90

Put it this way, they are different classes and aren't meant to be raced head to head. ssj2 and I race head to head because it's fun. I always lose, but only because there is such a great speed difference. Once he gets a center diff I think then we might have some competition since his acceleration will increase and speed decrease.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:31 PM
hellfirephase

my brother has a mommoth st and i have a hellfire i think that the hellfire is way better the only thing i think is good is the speed on the mammoth st cuz on the straight aways he beats me. the mammoth st always has problems and he offten has to take most of the time i spend racing to fix his car. itt might be his driving but i think that the hellfire is better.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:10 PM
AznBash3r

well, gues what. your SOL. BIG SOL. you will have a horrible time spending $$$ on your mammoth. should of gotten the mayhem st. wrong move there, buddy. plus the mayhem st has an fm radio..... DX2. bad mistake... and ive never seen a mammoth st jump high or handle on dirt. only place i see it is the street, where it doesnt belong. i know of a previous encounter of a mammoth breaking off a 3 5 inch dirt bump........