Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Kyosho str funny sound

Old 08-12-2006, 06:24 PM
the_yeti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho str funny sound

I drove my STR at the track for the first time today and my str is making a funny sound. I hear it mainly when off of the throttle but can hear it while on throttle also. It sounds like sandpaper rubbing. I broke the engine in onroad with 1/8 buggy onroad tires and never heard the noise before. Engine is running fine not too lean diffs are moving smoothly I have reshimmed them during break-in and are smooth without backlash or verry minimal. Is it the brakes? any help will be appreciated.

Ty
Old 08-12-2006, 07:24 PM
ringneck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho str funny sound

it may be worth a look to see if youre clutch shoes are rubbing on the clutch bell i know i had alot of problems with the stock clutch on mine and ended up going to a fironi turbo slider clutch wich is a far better set up. when you take the bell off if you see scrape marks on the inside front of the bell then you need to re shim it thats the only thing i can think of if youve already reshimed the diffs. hope this helped[]