Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Sportwerks Mayhem ST Running Temps

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Sportwerks Mayhem ST Running Temps

Old 08-23-2006, 09:07 PM
yamaharacer1112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportwerks Mayhem ST Running Temps

What are your guys mayhem st's running at. I was running at 240 tonight with quite a bit of smoke. The guy at my hobby store said dont worry about temps just listen to your motor and make sure your getting good smoke. What do you guys think of that?
Old 08-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Philster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sportwerks Mayhem ST Running Temps

I think that is generally true, but when in doubt, check the temp. I check the temp to train my eyes and ears. I drive, and see and hear the engine and response, and I can tell I am running right, and the smoke/sounds/response tells me I am not running lean and hot. Then I check it out, and dang, I was right.

My ST runs at 220-240 and with plenty of smoke. I could lean it out a touch and squeeze a little more power, bu the SW .26 has ample power to move the truck, even if you decide to play it safe and let it run a tad rich.