Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

rtr suggestions?

Old 08-25-2006, 12:46 PM
tthomp113

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rtr suggestions?

Im selling my beloved hyper 7 to get a truggy. Im not racing it, rather running it at the skatepark and local hot spots. My choices are hot bodies lsp, Kyosho st-s, Ofna mutilator, jammin (if I could put enough money together) What are your suggestions? Wait for Cen?
Old 08-25-2006, 07:17 PM
T I G

Default RE: rtr suggestions?

My vote would be the Jammin (if you could put enough $$$$ together), its just a great Truggy. I have been looking for a while now for one as well. I have read so much about Jammins CRT RTR, the only negative remark made about it was the price (it is a little on the high side).

There was a Truggy review in the latest issue of RC Monster Trucks. They tested the following,
GS Racing SUT Evo, HPI Hellfire, Jammin' X1-CRT, Kyosho Inferno ST-S, ThunderTiger ST-1,
and XTM Mammoth ST. The Kyosho Inferno ST-S won the test but, the Jammin was in a very close second.
I guess it would be a toss up between the ST-S or CRT
Good Luck
Oh, I forgot to mention, I just picked mine up Wednesday. I'll be breaking it in tomorrow
Old 08-25-2006, 09:29 PM
tallyram

i own one. they are great trucks out of the box! the only problem so far was the throttle servo. the steering servo is o.k. until you get something better. motor is pretty easy to get running good. i love mine!
Old 08-25-2006, 10:29 PM
RC30GTR

ai am wait for the CEN..... there are just way too many jammming around...and i enjoy driving a different car and beat everyone at the track.... i really like the center brace design on the matrix tr too.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:51 AM
tthomp113

Im torn between crt, st-s and cen. I could get kit for jammin since I have radio gear and a motor to drop in. Just dunno yet. I have a buddy who has both a jammin and a hellfire, and he swears by his hellfire. What about a lsp?
Old 08-26-2006, 10:57 AM
[]TEX[]

If I was to get one, I would get the Kyosho. They have been around for a long time and they make great kits. The parts are always durable and easily available. I have never heard a bad remark about the Kyosho RTR, but I have heard bad things about others especially Ofna.

You have to rememebr that it's an RTR. I'm sure you know this, but upgrades are unavoidable. First move should be high torque servos.

Anyway, I am not going to lecture. I think the Kyosho would be a very good investment. I remember when the Inferno and Burns kits were the best and only nitro cars worth buying.

Whatever you get, make sure you post up on here about the kit. Pros and cons...etc.

Good luck,
Matt
Old 08-26-2006, 03:15 PM
RC30GTR

ORIGINAL: tthomp113

Im torn between crt, st-s and cen. I could get kit for jammin since I have radio gear and a motor to drop in. Just dunno yet. I have a buddy who has both a jammin and a hellfire, and he swears by his hellfire. What about a lsp?
LSP is outdated..... i hear from CEN their pro-kit will be only $350. thats exactly what i am getting... Kyosho is way over price IMO regardless how good it is..... its mainly driver anyways
Old 09-19-2006, 09:17 PM
tthomp113

Well, I ordered the Kyosho St-s. Already have some Hitec 5945 from the Hyper 7. GOing to order some King Headz front and rear tubes, try to find a 150cc tank on ebay. (the readyset has a 125cc). Are the Kyosho motors any good?
Old 09-22-2006, 02:04 PM
RcRacer37E

Hot Bodies for sure. With a few minor upgrade (such as king headz) you have a great racer and a even better basher. Plus, parts are half the price of kyosho parts.