Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone NOT RACE their TRUGGY?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Does anyone NOT RACE their TRUGGY?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 12:03 PM
signa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone NOT RACE their TRUGGY?

...to buy a TRUGGY and not RACE it! The only thing I hear about (other than my cuz in Belgium) is how brand x whooped brand y's ass on the track.

Does anyone NOT RACE their TRUGGY???

BTW, racing's cool, but the only track remotely close to me is electric-only[:@]

Old 10-31-2006, 03:32 PM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Does anyone NOT RACE their TRUGGY?

Me, Me, Me, Me. I dont race anything I own. Atleast not on a track. I drag and make high speed runs with all my toys. Dont get me wrong, racing is nice and all but like you, the tracks are about 20-25 miles either way from me and I just dont feel like taking those trips to run any of my car.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:44 PM
signa

Hey I guess I'm not alone after all. It seems like everytime I get a comment on my Hellfire I get a "brand xxx would hand its ass to it on the track!"

I think truggies are amazing. In capability they don't seem to differ all that much from the monster trucks. I've crawled/screamed across rocks, flown up/down curbs, done construction yards, etc and the truggies do it all pretty well, and their acceleration is amazing being only about 9 pounds.

No reverse/shifting to adjust or fail, no spin start to charge, just the glow ignitor. Charge it and the rec batt, add fuel, run for 20 mins, add more fuel, keep going.

My hellfire's been one of the most fun vehicles I've ever owned. I'm really a Losi fan (not sure what it is but I like the way the do stuff) so I'd like to get an 8T but until then, the HPI's going to see lots of use.

Signa

ORIGINAL: SerpentKing

Me, Me, Me, Me. I dont race anything I own. Atleast not on a track. I drag and make high speed runs with all my toys. Dont get me wrong, racing is nice and all but like you, the tracks are about 20-25 miles either way from me and I just dont feel like taking those trips to run any of my car.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:15 PM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

I understand exactly what youre saying but I dont get the "how is it on the track" question too much. We have a crew of about 20 people for a total car count nearing 100 and none of our cars are set up for a track. Not saying that they cant be used on a track, but we just like bashing a little more. As a matter of fact, there's one onroad track that opened up not too long ago that is going to be doing truck onroad racing. Thats more of my taste.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:26 PM
ssj2

I don't race my truggy, YET. I was thinking of stopping by my local track though and start off by going to open practice a few times to get the feel of the track. Then, maybe I could start thinking about competing. I heard that racing opens you up to a lot and you get experience from racing, therefore, I figure I'll give it a try when I get a chance.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:17 PM
signa

you many have misunderstood my question. My observation was that everyone appears to race rather than bash with their truggies. I bash with mine, and wondered if I was alone in that. I see you guys bash too, cool!

thanks for the reply

ORIGINAL: SerpentKing

I understand exactly what youre saying but I dont get the "how is it on the track" question too much. We have a crew of about 20 people for a total car count nearing 100 and none of our cars are set up for a track. Not saying that they cant be used on a track, but we just like bashing a little more. As a matter of fact, there's one onroad track that opened up not too long ago that is going to be doing truck onroad racing. Thats more of my taste.