Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

motorr!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 11:49 PM
nbk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motorr!!!

well my wasp has a well respected number of gallons throguh it,and its time to put it to rest.
anyone have any engine suggestions?
im looking at the rossi mamba .21,picco .28 and trinity .28...i really dont want to spend over 250.
and i need a good mid-top motor
thanks
Old 12-22-2006, 11:58 PM
ArcticCat500

Default RE: motorr!!!

What ya dropping it into Bro? You racing or bashng?
Old 12-23-2006, 01:43 AM
nbk

crt,sorry
and im doing a little of both
more racing than bashing on mid to large tracks
Old 12-23-2006, 08:51 AM
ArcticCat500

If your local track rules let you run a .28 there's alot f choices out there for goood to better mills in your price range. The Picco .28 can be a biyatch tune and alot of what I've heard it's not all it's cracked up to be.
One of the guys runs a new Dynamite Platinium .28 n his Savvy and it runs really well....holds a good tune and itsa screamer. The OS.30 will power the hell outta that CRT too....
Or you can hold off, put a lil extra $$$ aside and buy a very nice .21. Theres alot of info on the CRT ovr at www.TruggyRacers.com
Old 12-23-2006, 06:56 PM
nbk

I really can't find myself a good engine for under 250,and I know a higher end engine will be better in the longrun.
So now im thinking about Ninja .21B01,WS7III.I really dont want a Rossi beacuse I had a horrorible experience with their engines,they may have changed a bit though.
I'm leaning torwards the WS7,just beacuse the last RB I had on my maxx was awesome.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:26 PM
nbk

yeah i've been on truggy racers alot when i first got my crt
i really like novarossi, at least the power and price.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:04 PM
ArcticCat500

Hey nbk.....how'd ya make out with a motor? get 1 yet?
Old 12-28-2006, 01:55 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the STS .21T is a monster of an engine....it will perform on par or better then the Ninja and VSpec's....as well its excelent on fuel..... the motor is gorgeous to be honest with you...
Old 12-28-2006, 02:07 PM
ArcticCat500

The STS isnt a bad mill at all bout you may not see to many of em getting 10+ gallons out of em. Check out Ebay and look at the Dadders motors...he sells them....he mods em out and you can score em for under $200....prolly not a bad deal at all...actually thought bout grabbing one for my SUT. Take a L@@K!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dadders-Modified...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dadders-Modified...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 12-28-2006, 03:00 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

If you are going to go with RB, go with the C6 BB not the WS7. The WS7 is better suited in a buggy I believe.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:08 AM
72dolphins

p5 powered my crt pretty well. had gotten used to running an eb 528xr and never felt that it was underpowered with the p5.

eb v-spec is also something to look into
Old 12-29-2006, 10:02 PM
robmxrider

I'd get the new werks .28. It's a 7 port race motor that is based off there .21 and it's supposed to scream!!! I think you can get one for under $300
Old 12-29-2006, 10:19 PM
Kemo

we've also got sts engines... but i can not advertise the link. You can pm me about it, but i cant post it here.

STS D28m might be up your alley, along with the D21T.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:15 AM
nbk

The Sts's dont look bad!I need a new engine at a low price and i think this is it
Thanks for the help everyone
Anyone know a good pipe setup for it?
Old 12-30-2006, 12:20 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: robmxrider

I'd get the new werks .28. It's a 7 port race motor that is based off there .21 and it's supposed to scream!!! I think you can get one for under $300
that motor is not worth the price.. it is not very powerful and not well built... Plus Werk's has very poor customer service..

the best pipe for STS motors is the STS tuned pipe, without question.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:49 AM
RcRacer37E

Stay clear of the STS engine, I gave my .28 away due to it being junk, you get what you pay for and it wasnt even worth the 150 I dropped on it.
Now the ninja .21 off road engine pushes my crt very well and has great run times, about 8 min. It might be a bit over 250 but its a great power plant.
Just remember, you get what you pay for.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:35 AM
ArcticCat500

ORIGINAL: nascardad24

Stay clear of the STS engine, I gave my .28 away due to it being junk, you get what you pay for and it wasnt even worth the 150 I dropped on it.
Now the ninja .21 off road engine pushes my crt very well and has great run times, about 8 min. It might be a bit over 250 but its a great power plant.
Just remember, you get what you pay for.
Hey nascardad24......did you have your motor modded? I too have heard some bad news on em but never a bad word on a modded one..these guys tear em down and clean up the factory blemishes and polish everything up.....I CAN NOT speak from experiance with them but theres some bros ovr at a Savy site that lov em in thier monsters. Im thinking bout grabbing one for mine....
Old 12-30-2006, 12:08 PM
supertib

Me and my buddies all run STS engines, they are awesome...

but they are not for rookies or inexperienced people... the 28 takes a full gallon for break in, if the break in isn't done correct the motor will never work well...

99% of engine problems are 100% user error.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:17 PM
RcRacer37E

Not going to piss back and forth on sts engines, I will however let you know a rookie I am not. Ive had engines from OS-RB-Novarossi-HPI-Traxxas and others that I just dont recall and the sts was next to the worst Ive owned.
Im glad your sts is running and doing great, its just my own results that the sts was only worth the 150 buck dropped on it. Mine was modded so perhaps thats why I had the results, not from being a rookie.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:02 PM
nbk

it seems like half of people have success and half of the people dont,and i don't want to be regretting wasting my 150 dollars when for 100 more could've have a nice engine.
Im just looking for an enigne that will run and run hard,without blowing plugs and overheating.
I had a sirio .23 and that was the engine that im talking about,never failed.
i wish it would fit,or could find somthing like it.
what about the .28 drake? its only 209 on amain!?!
sorry im asking alot of questions,i just want to choose the right thing.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:24 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: nascardad24

Not going to piss back and forth on sts engines, I will however let you know a rookie I am not. Ive had engines from OS-RB-Novarossi-HPI-Traxxas and others that I just dont recall and the sts was next to the worst Ive owned.
Im glad your sts is running and doing great, its just my own results that the sts was only worth the 150 buck dropped on it. Mine was modded so perhaps thats why I had the results, not from being a rookie.

Sorry for the tone of my post.. I never know who i am talking with on the other end.... So with it being the internet there are always haters and trolls...

but if your a legitimate guy, then i am sorry mate !

Anyways !

I run all different brands of engines, I also modify alot alot of engines.. I do everything from standard cookie cutter basic mods to full on mods with altered sleeve timings and lightened cranks...

Anyways the STS engines are very unique in there design, They have very bizzare sleeve and crank timings which makes them really picky on tuned pipe selection.... Actualy the only pipe I have found to actualy work correctly on these engine is the STS tuned pipe built to match these engines bizzare timings...... So if you didn't run your STS with a genuine STS tuned pipe you would never have seen what this motor can do...

For anyone interested the port timings of a STS 30 are 228 degrees on the crank, 112 on the transfer, and 170 on the exhaust..........

As well the STS engines require a minimum of 1 gallon for break in, the STS 28 will not even fully open up to 2 gallons have run thru it, and it will be a dog below 1 gallon and be a bear to tune....Anyone thinking this motor is race worthy after 5 or 6 heat cycles is going to be extremely disapointed.....I would not run the motor on a track anywhere below 1 gallon, preferably 1.5 gallons

Another interesting thing with STS mills, is that from factory STS over shims the head buttons to aid the customer in breaking in the motor, it helps keep temps up and reduces compresion.....Unfortunately unless someone removes these shims and sets the button to a proper squish the motor will run like total garbage...... It will run hot and make no bottom end whatsoever.....So if you have an STS engine and you haven't checked the head clearance there is a very good chance your motor is shimmed to run 60% LOL

for reference my STS 30 came with 1.1 MM head clearance from factory...

So if your STS was junk what were the reasons ?

And did you run the STS pipe ?

Did you allow the motor a gallon or so to loosen up and break in ?

and did you check your head button clearance ?
Old 12-31-2006, 08:36 AM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

supertib...if what you say is true about the exhaust it looks like i'll be needing the sts exhaust for both of my mills then..i was plannning on running with jp-2 on the buggy and jp-1 for now on the truggy...the motors being dadders STG II .21b, and .30m both bumpstart of course
Old 12-31-2006, 12:50 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: NewKid

supertib...if what you say is true about the exhaust it looks like i'll be needing the sts exhaust for both of my mills then..i was plannning on running with jp-2 on the buggy and jp-1 for now on the truggy...the motors being dadders STG II .21b, and .30m both bumpstart of course
I have no reason the lie. the STs pipes are needed IMO to see the best from these mills.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:06 PM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

alright well i'll get one soon haven't finished building my truck so it doesn't matter that i haven't gotten it right away anywho....have you run them on jp exhausts before? the reason being is because i have em already so i figured i'd try but i don't wanna ruin the engine....i'll prolly try those out for a while and see...and if i don't like the performance then i'll switch to the sts pipes
Old 12-31-2006, 01:55 PM
supertib

Yes I have run the JP pipes on them.... it works pretty good, but not as wel as the STS pipes...Its the best pipe next to the STS pipe IMO..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.