Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

]§[ Official Team VTX ST1 Thread ]§[

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

]§[ Official Team VTX ST1 Thread ]§[

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 09:12 PM
SHREADHEAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ]§[ Official Team VTX ST1 Thread ]§[

Well today I had my first chance to run the ST-1 today . Adjustments were noticeable every time out.
The track is tight and technical perfects for testing. I have a good feeling about the future of the ST-`1.

WWW.TEAMVTX.COM
Old 01-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Kemo

take a peek at your center diff if you could. See any fluid at all? I'm trying to determine if thats from the factory fillin them up with fluid, or if my diff already leaks. My truck is still a virgin, but I've had to modify the linkages already
Old 01-21-2007, 09:41 PM
SHREADHEAD

Well the other would be grease. Witch is what most RTR come with. Filling them with what weight you know is always better.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Kemo

greg told me what weights are in there right now.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:52 PM
SHREADHEAD

7-10-3 IS A GOOD STARTING POINT
Old 01-22-2007, 12:13 AM
Kemo

oh when i asked the question, i meant to check if you see fluid on the lip of the casing of the diff. Not sure if its from the factory or if it just leaks.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:33 PM
gwaller

The screws may not be tight enough on the diff, also for me i silicone seal my gaskets to the diff. I have done that for years, just something i perfer to do. As for the linkage being short, thats weird. On the cars here, i have had to cut them because the were a little bit too long. The antenna tube slides in the receiver box, there is no physical mount just a moulded receiver box to hold the tube. If anyone is trying to put UV's in the rear, make sure you dont have the rear hubs set to the wide setting. I Know they will fit in the narrow position, it is about a 3-4 mm difference per side.
Thanks
Greg Waller
Team VTX
[email protected]
Old 01-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Kemo

yeah the linkage was too short. when the throttle was set at idle, the brakes would be applied. So, i swapped out my throttle linkage with my buggy and put that on there. Fits perfect, just happened to have the extra 3 mm i needed.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:37 PM
SHREADHEAD

I pulled my diffs before running the truck and they seemed a little lubey on the outside.
I think the builder at the factory forgot to wipe his hands off.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Kemo

well at least i'm not the only one.

I've got what I need to run it now. I'm gonna try to run it this weekend.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:00 PM
itspat2
My Feedback: (1)

Finally got the VTX ST-1 out to the track today. Basic stock with upgraded 6v receiver pack and adjusted the toe in and camber based on the info on TeamVTX.com. Truggy handled better than I expected. Haven't driven off road for several years and found the VTX-ST1 very easy to drive. Smooth off the jumps and handled the rough terrain very well. This is a practice track and not maintained very well. Kept up with a couple of the 1/8 buggies for awhile. Engine ran well at 235 degrees. Waiting on some Novarossi #7 plugs.
During second run, nosed off the triple. Broke the front and rear arm mounts and bent the rear ant-squat arm mount. Pretty nasty crash tumbled 4 or 5 times. Also tweaked a couple of the plastic Suspension Adjustment Inserts. Need to stock up on these. Pulled the front and rear units off. Very easy to work on and get to where you need to. Ordered some replacement parts. Will post more after next track day.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:09 AM
itspat2

Update - Made a few adjustments and took my VTX-S1 back out to the track. About 3 minutes into my run the throttle stuck wide open and the truck flew off the track and into the fence. Broke the rear mount once again and the transponder mount. Purchased the CNC upgraded rear mount when I got home. Still trying to determine what caused the thottle to stick. When I picked up the truck all the electronics functioned perfectly. RX pack was fully charged as I checked it when I got home. Pulled the carb out and cleaned it thoroughly. Wondering if the carb got stuck in the open position then the violent crash caused it to unstick? All other drivers were on Spektrums + 1 AM so I am quite sure it was not a frequency problem.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:20 PM
j_blaze

Man, that is a funny video! is that a madonna song? I think it may be pakistani or turkish or something like that, not spanish at all. I'll have one of these trugs and probably the buggy within the next few months, I am addicted to that 1-2 seconds of flight after a jump and having to land the car just right on the down slope, awesome. If I get any better -by "any" I mean a whole hell of a lot- I will try some racing locally. For now, the jumping and fishtailing corners is just awesome. Watch that dirt fly!
Old 03-11-2007, 03:52 AM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got mine the other day and it's a really nice truggy. I will be breaking it in sunday to take to the track next saterday night to put it up against the big boy's and we will see.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54867.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	639717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27414.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	639718   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kq35998.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	639719   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oh12697.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	639720  
Old 03-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Kemo

you should definitely replace the electronics and tires if you plan on taking it to a track.

As for me, we've got about 2 feet of snow to melt before i can run. its still 50 degrees outside []
Old 03-11-2007, 02:15 PM
guest2001619

ok guys some help here please. where are you buying the hop up parts i can only find places to buy the truck and nothing else maybe im missing something (a link would be real helpful). maximizer 17mm rims do i need standard or 1/2 inch offset. and can u recommend a basher tire thats not realy any bigger than stocks and great on all surfaces. i dont want to have to change the gearing. i like the truck havent drove it yet waiting on my spektrum. thanx again
Old 03-11-2007, 05:10 PM
giddyuperic

Yes I put some crime fighters and I run the nomadio react the best radio.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: guest2001619

ok guys some help here please. where are you buying the hop up parts i can only find places to buy the truck and nothing else maybe im missing something (a link would be real helpful). maximizer 17mm rims do i need standard or 1/2 inch offset. and can u recommend a basher tire thats not realy any bigger than stocks and great on all surfaces. i dont want to have to change the gearing. i like the truck havent drove it yet waiting on my spektrum. thanx again
You can get them (hopups) at http://www.myhobbydepot.com/servlet/StoreFront
Old 03-12-2007, 04:25 PM
itspat2

giddyuperic - Follow the set up from the Nats truck on teamvtx.com. Really helps with the handling. I have had mine out to the track 3 times now and am having a problem with what seems to be too much draw on the rechargable rx batt. First run is fine, then the electronics start to glitch after that. If I recharge the pack, then it's ok again. I have already tried two different batts, now it's time to change out the servos. I replaced the stock radio gear with the Spektrum DX2 but did not change out the servos.

This past Sunday, there were several other truggies running at the same time and the only one I had trouble keeping up with the was new Losi 8 with a $300 motor. Even with that, this Truggy still held it's own. Very pleased with it. Keep a tight zip tie on the air filter. It likes to come off.

Good luck.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:12 PM
giddyuperic

Hey guys and gals Had the VTX ST1 at the track today and the throttle keeps sticking almost half way open and the trim does not work at all. And could not get to the track as I still am having problems with the throttle servo As any body had any problems like this and if so what did they do??? Any help would be great And I know the radio is no good I have a nomadio reciver on the way.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:53 PM
itspat2

I had a problem with the carb sticking wide open at full throttle. Truggy flew off the track an into the fence. I blew out the carb with my air compressor and put some after run oil in. Has resolved the problem so far. Some suggest to pull the carb off and clean it thoroughly. I ordered a couple of Hitec servos for throttle and steering. I put the Spektrum servos in from my DX2 but am not happy with their performance.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:00 PM
giddyuperic

So you think it's the servos?
Old 03-14-2007, 09:57 AM
itspat2

Cannot say for sure if it was the servos or the carb sticking. I had planned on replacing the servos eventually. I think the carb may have gotten stuck and the servo did not have enough torque to close it when I applied the brakes. Also, as I mentioned in my previous post, I am having problems with servo glitching after the first run.

I will let you know how the new servos work out.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:28 PM
giddyuperic

I talked to greg today and he said he would send a servo right out to me. And I should have my namadio reciver anyday now so we will see what happens??
Old 03-14-2007, 09:04 PM
SHREADHEAD

Don't forget to check end points and servo alignment.
With fully charged batteries check the full movement of everything prior to running.
Make sure there is no binding. I am always blown away when people replace parts with out
ever finding the reason for failure. Not to mention they upgrade also.
Do not over stress the servo by to much brake throw also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.