Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

GS XUT PRO Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 06:08 AM
pieterblackie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GS XUT PRO Thread

tell more about the pro team kit How much what is in it
Old 06-20-2007, 12:42 PM
biggy boy

[link=http://www.gsracing.com.tw/information_detailed.php?id=151]specs and pictures[/link]

Glen
Old 06-20-2007, 09:23 PM
pieterblackie

Thanks mate

Are there a tread for the GS CL 1 Buggy on this forum I want to post this link about a build review on there it is a good one

http://www.rubeduderc.com/index.php?...=346&Itemid=59
Old 06-26-2007, 04:26 PM
grizz1

ORIGINAL: grizz1

Nice work lowcog. Just watched your vid clip on Youtube (the one in the open field with the earth jump). Could you tell me what the soundtrack was please - my sort of music [8D] Cheers
Hi lowcog, I see your online. Just wondering if you have any info on the above. Cheers bro [8D]
Old 06-26-2007, 04:45 PM
biggy boy

Nice work lowcog. Just watched your vid clip on Youtube (the one in the open field with the earth jump). Could you tell me what the soundtrack was please - my sort of music [8D] Cheers
Hi lowcog, I see your online. Just wondering if you have any info on the above. Cheers bro [8D]
It's HINDER

Get Stoned

Glen

Old 06-26-2007, 05:42 PM
grizz1

Cheers Glen
Old 07-01-2007, 09:49 PM
raggedwarrior

i have had the xut for a few weeks i got the 90% it has a jr pro radio and hitec servos.i love this truggy only a few problems the upper front hinge pin holder broke and i made one out of 5mm alum. the rear lower toe plate broke and i modified a jammin crt plate to fit does anyone know where i can get upgraded parts to replace these i realy want what lcg. has on his for rear toe any help will be of great help
Old 07-02-2007, 12:43 AM
azzman

A-Main has some upgrade partrs for tghe CL-1 buggy that fit the XUT [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/manufacturers_id/97/sort/2a/filter_id/220/page/5]HERE[/link]

or there are some Fioroni parts at A-Main [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced_search_result.php?search_in_description=1&keywords=cl-1]HERE[/link]
Old 07-02-2007, 08:26 AM
biggy boy

Hi Ragg did you get your Xut from a LHS or online?
I've been lucky I have only gone through a set of clutch shoes, bearings and a clutch bell. The clutch bell must have distorted at the bearing holders cuz there was lots of play from side to side with the bearings in, even new bearings were sloppy.
I put an Ofna 13T 10399 clutch bell on it and it is nice and stable.
Oh forgot My one-way bearing started to slip so I cleaned it in brake cleaner then put a little oil on it.
But when I ran the motor again the one-way bearing seized up on the shaft and tore the pull start to pieces[]
I didn't oil it enough!
Ended up just pushing the one-way bearing out of the nut and pressed in a new one, that I got off of EBay.
Still have to run the truggy to see if the one-way holds up. I soaked the new bearing in after-run oil for a couple of hours before installing it.

Glen

Old 07-11-2007, 08:30 PM
raggedwarrior

i love the way this truck runs i have a realy great lhs and got the pro xut arr for $329.00 plus tax.I have had no trouble with anything but the hinge pins and arms and i think i have it fixed. I just bought a ofns .32 to play with i will let you know how it goes.I did find a nice surprise when i went to change out the grease out of the center diff it was already filled with silcone i am going to change to 10000 anyway but this is one thing i did not know about the pro kit. To me for the price there is nothing as good as the xut.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:45 PM
biggy boy

ORIGINAL: raggedwarrior
To me for the price there is nothing as good as the xut.
Hi there ragged you are absolutely right that there is lots of value at the price they sell these for, they really can't be beat.
I love my XUT too.
That's cool it came with oil already in it!
Mine had grease only when I got it.
It now has 5 front 7 center and 3 rear.
what happened to your hing pins and the arms.
I've smacked my truggy into countless things and have not really broke any part of my suspension. I have bent my shock tower a couple of times and bent my pan, I guess thats what you call it??? the bottom of the truggy where every thing is attached to.

Glen

Old 07-11-2007, 10:28 PM
raggedwarrior

I race my xut at my lhs in tenn. and we race hard the xut is right there with the x1crts and losi 8ts i have seen a few gs suts have the same trouble as me if you have seen the jammin it has hinge pins with nuts to keep them in place and uses different toe blocks instead of cams or bushings so when you fit hard the arms have a chance to pop out because of the give in the plastic pieces so i replaced them with alum. braces and have not had any more problem. pick up .32 friday i will let you know what it is like talk later
Old 07-12-2007, 01:58 AM
grizz1

Hi biggy boy, just in reference to the silicone oils you have in your XUT diffs (5 front 7 centre 3 rear). This is cool for a buggy but for your truggy you need heavier oils. A good starting point for general use is:

Front 10,000
Centre 20,000
Rear 3,000

This is what I have in my XUT and it performs very well [8D]
There is a really good article on diff set ups and oils. It gives you all the info you will need including set ups for many different track conditions. I will post a link to it for you tomorrow. Cheers
Old 07-12-2007, 02:34 AM
azzman

Hey Grizz Im off to the BMX track in Henderson tomorrow if your keen to come out?
Old 07-15-2007, 04:29 PM
grizz1

Hi biggy boy, sorry about the delay on that diff link, here it is

http://www.rc411.com/pages/howto.php?howto=24&page=1

Good article. Right at the end is a table for buggy and truggy set ups. Cheers [8D]
Old 07-17-2007, 02:28 AM
grizz1

Hey Azzman - check out the XUT now bro!! I spent a little time (and money) at the Bandits this week. Got the race bug, so added a tuned pipe and some of the narrow profile Proline Crime Fighter truggy tyres and Hong Nor rims. I was looking at the Bow Tie tyres but Gerry at the shop said the Crime Fighters perform the same but will wear better on the hard tracks over summer. Also picked up some GRP on road tyres with the orange moulded foams for thrashing at home ( that's them in the pics).
Man, I hope that overtime keeps coming Catch you at work later in the week.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65767.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	327.5 KB
ID:	724523   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24424.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	323.2 KB
ID:	724524   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd83799.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	305.9 KB
ID:	724525  
Old 07-17-2007, 03:51 PM
azzman

OOO lala!
Old 09-10-2007, 09:39 AM
Coopz

Anyone selling the GS XUT Pro Team Kit? Cannot find any places with it in stock, even Amain don't list it... Was released 3 months ago (apparently)
Old 09-14-2007, 08:19 PM
fto666

Hi bought an Xut pro about a month ago, and have already chewed out my rear diff. Has anyone else had this problem. Screws seem to always come loose on the diff case and lose all my fluid. Does anyone know if there are any aluminium upgrades that will fit.

Done mods to my car already - threw away the .25 that came with it and added an axe rossi cobra, hi - tech digital hi torque servos, M11 radio with spektrum module, losi 8ight-t 4 shoe clutch and clutch bell, & GRP grip tyres. Was going like the clappers till the rear diff went!
Old 09-14-2007, 08:29 PM
fto666

Hi, follow this link to ultrahobbies in Australia, they carry the tem pro kit.
http://www.ultrahobbies.com.au/store/home.php

Anyone selling the GS XUT Pro Team Kit? Cannot find any places with it in stock, even Amain don't list it... Was released 3 months ago (apparently)
[/quote]
Old 09-14-2007, 08:37 PM
biggy boy

ORIGINAL: fto666

Hi bought an Xut pro about a month ago, and have already chewed out my rear diff. Has anyone else had this problem. Screws seem to always come loose on the diff case and lose all my fluid. Does anyone know if there are any aluminium upgrades that will fit.

Done mods to my car already - threw away the .25 that came with it and added an axe rossi cobra, hi - tech digital hi torque servos, M11 radio with spektrum module, losi 8ight-t 4 shoe clutch and clutch bell, & GRP grip tyres. Was going like the clappers till the rear diff went!
You can stop the problem of the screws backing out by using a longer screw, had the same prob and that fixed it, several other people that had that problem used the longer screws and the problem went away also.

Glen
Old 09-14-2007, 10:03 PM
fto666

Thanks Glen,
I will do the mod when all my new parts arrive.

Cheers Chris
Old 10-02-2007, 02:34 AM
minipro

I can't seem to find the XUT Pro Team Kit available anywhere either? Do any of you know what other websites besides ultrahobbies carry it?
Old 10-02-2007, 05:27 AM
fto666

Thats the only place I have seen them online. I have the pro version with an axe rossi cobra, and it is just as fast as mbx5's, X1's and xray's that are being raced in my club(all have the cobra's in them also). It is just as strong and reliable once the diff screws are changed over.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:15 AM
pieterblackie

Here is a link to the pro kit

http://www.roguerc.com/product.php?p...0&cat=0&page=1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.