Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Cen Matrix TR Arena

Old 10-10-2008, 05:50 PM
chrobar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cen Matrix Tr Arena

You don't have to get a whole new box if that's what you were going to do. Find the problem and fix it with a new battery/motor/charger, or whatever.
Good luck
Old 10-10-2008, 06:35 PM
mattyb13

Yeah I definitely didnt need a new box. There was some chewed up plastic around the contacts. Took it apart, cleaned it out and all better! I will be up and running this weekend!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 06:55 PM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: mattyb13

Yeah I definitely didnt need a new box. There was some chewed up plastic around the contacts. Took it apart, cleaned it out and all better! I will be up and running this weekend!!!
Nice !! Figured it was a fixable deal. Have fun.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:20 PM
feo

Do the 12v gel cells come charged?
Old 10-11-2008, 11:17 PM
chrobar

Kind of..but definitely not enough to start up a truck more than once. You will need a charger for it if you're going to get a box and battery. I use a standard wall charger, and it's only like $20. It works great and the battery never dies..I charged it maybe 3 times over half a year. It does weight down the box a lot though.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:12 PM
danny237

well i needed some shocks so i tryed my old genesis monster truck shocks with a bit of messing about thay fit and they take some stick and look cool cand get a full set off ebay well cheep when i get around to it ill put a pic on . and with those how find there fuel tank is not sealing right try lock tite just unscew the cap. and i got a k& n air filter and all it did was drink fuel a full tank in 10 mins did not make Cen Matrix Tr any faster just looked nice lol
Old 10-15-2008, 02:10 PM
{GBI}Harryball

ORIGINAL: Ajkracing

very interesting. I have asked this earlier about converting my sh .28 to a roto start but I am still confused with what i need. I was going to try to get the xtm 24.7 backplate and the roto start for the 4.6 savage. But I think I need to get the ofna back plate too. but I was wondering if I could get away without the ofna backplate or do I have to get the xtm backplate, ofna backplate, and the roto start
Here is the back plate for your sh. http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himo...p?id=1130&=SID
Old 10-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Ajkracing

thanks I was really confused
Old 10-16-2008, 08:23 AM
{GBI}Harryball

thanks I was really confused
NP, the owner is out of town at I-Hobby till I think the 21st of this month. Send him an email with the part number to double check things.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Ajkracing

That looks good did you get the rotostart wand from them to?

Thanks for the help
Old 10-17-2008, 02:45 PM
DS

how does this kit compare to the caster k8t, and other full bred race trucks like the losi. Im stuck between this and the caster, will there be a new truggy from them by this christmas?
Old 10-17-2008, 03:38 PM
chrobar

Unfortunately, I don't think the new pro truggy will be out by Christmas. Although it probably won't be far after. You never know though..it might be out sooner. The new buggy is just about out too, and it's only 7lbs RTR!
The previous stock TR Arena was perfectly capable of destroying other competition in the right hands. Now with a bunch of upgrades like a BCE chassis and other ways of lightening/improving, I'm sure it is even better. The new TR will also have an emphasis on lightening, while remaining as one of the most durable trucks out there.
Although, if you want a killer deal, look on ebay for used kits. You can usually find a nice truggy with a bunch of upgrades for cheaper than new.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:09 PM
mx757

I am waiting to see when the new versions come out so I can buy the pro kits. if there isnt much difference I may just look for some discounted FRE kits and swap my cool stuff over.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:58 AM
DS

so it a great racer? anything bad that u dont like on it?
Old 10-18-2008, 06:00 PM
chrobar

Most of the problems long ago on the TRs are resolved with newer parts. You can upgrade as you go to make it better of course. Upgrades that are recommended by most, including me, are the CNC front knuckles. The CNC servo saver isn't very needed any more because the new servo savers from CEN are going to be awesome...even though I never had a problem with the stock servo saver.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:16 PM
{GBI}Harryball

That looks good did you get the rotostart wand from them to?

Thanks for the help
I think he sells it as a whole, Im not sure. Check around his site.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Ajkracing

he does i was just wondering if there version was any good

Ajkracing
Old 10-22-2008, 11:52 PM
feo

I got the sportwerks backplate on today. Am I supposed to seal it with some instant gasket?
Now I'm just waiting for DahlELama to login so I can seal the deal and scoop up his starter box.[&:]
Old 10-24-2008, 02:18 PM
danny237

well hi all. i wont more acceleration off the mark, at top end iv been clocked at 50 mph but i run out of pace be for i get there i keep thinking of conveting my trug in to 2 speed but not shore what 2 speed Transmission would fit i dont wont to lose my top end speed, if i whent to small gears i would. has any one tryed to put a 2 speed Transmission in a Cen Matrix Tr Arena AND DID IT WORK or what is the best gearing for my cen there not many shop in the uk the deal with cen god nose why this trug is **** hot iv whoope hpi hellfire arse loads of times plz help
Old 10-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Tree1

Run a smaller spur gear and. You will have to modify the chassis by drilling out new holes to move the engine closer to the new smaller spur. This is not difficult to do. I drilled out the chassis with my cordless drill and I was running a 48T and 50T spur gears. Acceleration was much improved after the mod.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:06 PM
chrobar

Make sure to change the diff and pinion gears if you do the small gear conversion to the HB gears.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:09 AM
beachw

Converted front shafts on my TR to kyosho st-rr uni's and at full droop the uni's are binding on the outdrives. Also have cnc knuckles and carriers. Do i have to convert back to the original long lower arms or grind off part of the ball end ? Anybody else have this problem ?
Old 10-25-2008, 11:58 AM
wriffwraff

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hello, beachw: i run the [front] kyosho st-rr bones/cvd's/universals. when i recently replaced the stock [longer] front arms with the new [shorter] front arms, i had to remove all of the shims b/c of binding.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:19 PM
danny237

well m8 if i go to a smaller spur gear wont i lose some top end speed ? do you think it would be a bad idear to try and put 2 speed Transmission in my cen ??? i think i found a 2 speed Transmission that would fit some one most of tryed to do this i just wont to no if it will work
Old 10-25-2008, 05:24 PM
chrobar

That's why you can't go straight to a smaller spur gear without changing the diff ring and pinion gears. The stock ones are made for having a 66T spur gear. Going down 20 or so teeth can be catastrophic. BTW, by going to a small spur gear, you would have a lot MORE top speed, but the car probably won't go anywhere for a while with the throttle pinned eating clutches.
It's not a good idea to go 2 speed in a truggy. And I don't think there is any kit for the Matrix, or any other truggy that I know of. Truggies are race machines that many people like to bash. Keep the gearing how it is in the truck, a two speed is just stupid if you already have a powerful engine and optimum gearing. Monster trucks need a two speed because of appeal to bashers, they weigh over 10 pounds (Savage, genesis)/and or they have a weak .15 motor (revo).
If you want more top speed, go for a 15T, if you want more acceleration, go down to 13 or 12. I think a good gearing to have for all purposes is 13T with the stock gearing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.