Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Himoto Cyclone VS Redcat Hurricane XP

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Himoto Cyclone VS Redcat Hurricane XP

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Da_BOOM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Himoto Cyclone VS Redcat Hurricane XP

Hi, I had a himoto cyclone for a couple time, i had to go to a shop to get something and they ask me the brand of my car.. So i told em.. and they kinda laugh at me , i didnt say anything but i'm like... whats wrong with that ? Is there anything wrong with himoto ? So what do u guys think they were laughing at ?

Second thing is, i sold the car for whatever reason, but i wanna buy another one which is the redcat hurricane XP .. I've seen a couple himoto logo and name on some redcat pictures .. and also the car kinda look the same .. i was wondering if its built at the same place .. Are those people still gonna laugh at me if i come back with a redcat car ?

I'm in Montreal Canada and wanna know if there is a store that could help me with a redcat car if i had a problem somehow .
Can you guys tell me more about that please
Thanks
BOOMER

Oh, i also want to know if there is a similar buggy at a similar price but a good brand name ? In case i decide not to buy it !
Old 04-25-2007, 07:50 PM
__REVO__

Default RE: Himoto Cyclone VS Redcat Hurricane XP

Himotos and Redcats all stink. They have really low prices, but you can only buy parts online, and the quality is very cheap. It would be better to get a real RC instead of one of those.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:07 PM
j_blaze

they are real rc's, 90% of the parts fit ofna, kyosho, hobao and others, just compare them at your lhs. Their technology and designs are a couple years old but they do offer hop ups, when you add those in you may as well get a "more popullar brand name" rc car.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:42 PM
mashn76

himoto and redcat are the same cars. i 2 volcano sv's, a tsunami truggy, and a tornado xp. they are all 1/10 scale and i am very pleased with them. some people say they are cheap and junk but i have friends that have ofna, traxxas, losi, etc. and they work on theirs as much as i do and the speed is close. actually my tornado 1/10 is very close to the speed of my friends ofna ultra comp. alot of parts for these cars are compatible with other brands. if you plan on racing professionally i would say go with something else but if you not then i recommend them. i'm not saying these are better but i just havent seem much difference, definately dont warrant the cost difference for sure. you can get parts online for these easily and you can get alot of help from others on here as i did. i cant see paying $500-$600 bucks for something that im going to bash and for a little extra money you can hop up an mod these to be great cars. the only issue i have had with mine is the clutch bells on the 1/10 two speeds. i put a hpi on mine and its has been fine since. i really find it hard to believe that your not paying for the name in rc cars. if im wrong then this would be the only thing in the world that your not. oh and some might laugh at these til you let them run it. your local shops dont sell them and they dont like them because of the cheap prices and these cheap online cars are probably hurting alot of businesses. go to a ford dealership and talk to them about your chevy, most times your get the same result. i have been to two shops in my area and one is very willing to help anyone out and the other isnt, so where do you think my money is going to go on alot of stuff???
Old 04-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Da_BOOM

Ya i'm thinking the same as you mashn76. My friend have a $1000 traxxas truck and he's working on it as much a i did, exactly like you, and other old friend that have brand name paid a lot and still working on their car buy replacement part and stuff, which higher the cost of the car .. i mean at the end ur car would cost u 1500, instead of maybe 600 for a redcat or something like that. I mean if u buy relacement parts and stuff, cuz of course its gonna break somewhere somehow.

Ok so, i had a 2speed cyclone which i never get the second to work ... but this new hurricane i wanna buy. Can i know more about it ?
I've seen quickly that its easier to put batterie in the hurrican car than on the cyclone.. Thats a good start. What about the speed ? About the same as a cyclone but 1speed ? What about suspension and stuff like that ? Since this one is a 1/8 scale , the parts shouldnt be the same .. is it heavier ? Does it have oiled shocks ? which the cyclone didnt have. Lets talk about that. If you want

Thanks
BOOMER
Old 04-25-2007, 11:01 PM
mashn76

i dont have the hurricane but it is a single speed and does have oil filled shocks. there is a guy on here he goes by ehroof, he knows alot about these cars and has helped me out alot. he is easy to find on these redcat threads. he is the guy to talk to.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:21 PM
Da_BOOM

aight
Thanks
Old 04-26-2007, 12:31 AM
Kemo

i've got a cane, its got too many weak spots that need attention. But being that its redcat racing/himoto, they have no intentions on improving the vehicles. They are here to make money, thats it.