Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

- Official Kyosho MP777 ST-R Thread -

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

- Official Kyosho MP777 ST-R Thread -

Old 08-12-2007, 09:56 PM
ProRCRacer88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default - Official Kyosho MP777 ST-R Thread -

Post any pics or info of the truck. I have one on the way i just won off ebay and I didn really see any threads on this truck so i thought i would make one.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Haulin bass

Default RE: - Official Kyosho MP777 ST-R Thread -

what do you want to know? Ive been running the truck since it came out last april. Ive ran it with both the stock length chassis as well as the longer bce chassis.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:14 PM
ProRCRacer88

well any tips or tricks would be good. is there any weak points or any issues on the truck that need upgrading? Nice truck btw
Old 08-13-2007, 08:58 PM
mtbkym01

I'm currently in the process of converting my ST into an ST-R, Mods so far include:
STR Springs (gonna probably go big bore shocks soon)
Rebuilt and upgraded to ST-R diffs
150cc tank
ST-R Front and Rear Sway Bars
ST-R Front and Rear Chassis braces
ST-R Wheels (2 Sets) with Bow-ties and Crimefighters
ST-R front, rear and centre CV Drive Shafts

waiting to be fitted:
ST-R Steering ackerman and servo saver
ST-R Radio plate
ST-R Steering, Throttle and Brake linkages

On Order:
ST-R chassis
LRP Spec 3 Z28 Truggy engine
DR 3 shoe ST-R clutch
JP3 pipe

As I have made improvements, I have seen an increase in handling, especially against my mates basically stock US Sports. I know this is the expensive way of doing it but I am enjoying seeing the improvements as I go. Here are some pics:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14749.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	741659   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg14960.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	741660   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk16931.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	741661   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jc86272.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	741662  
Old 08-13-2007, 09:11 PM
ProRCRacer88

well it will even out to be about the same as buying the ST-R kit new so its alot of money but its moeny well spent.[8D]
Old 08-13-2007, 10:20 PM
mtbkym01

I agree, IMO this trug is awesome

Post some pics of yours when u get it
Old 08-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Haulin bass

I suggest a king headz quick change mount, and front chassis brace, if you tend to run on terrain with allot of big jumps(or if you run in the cold).
Some may say ditch the the cast knuckles but ive only worn out one set after more than 20 gallons of runtime.
One thing you have to do with the ST-R is take your time shimming the diffs, many have rushed this(or shimed them like straight cut gears) and have blown ring and pinnion gears.Myself im still on my original gears and am expecting them to last the rest of the season.When they will be replaced by the new chromoly gears when i can get my hands on them.

For setup how is your track?
Old 08-14-2007, 08:48 AM
ProRCRacer88

well here is how it will look when it comes.

it has the upgrade mount on it(k-factory?) and thats it as far as i can see. not sure what engine im putting in or other stuff but i know i will have the JP3 pipe, JR 9000T for steering. Gettin the truck to play around with, i have no intentions of racing on a track or something but still i wanted a great kit truck to bash with. After i get it running like i want, then the kingheadz parts will come after.
which brings me to a question, why are fioroni upgrades so expensive and kingheadz so cheap? im guessing is because of the looks of it. How do i shim down the gears? I seen some1 that had HotBodies pinion gears in and they said they were better than the kyosho ones or somthing..[&:]
Old 08-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Haulin bass

Fioroni is more expensive in north america because they are imported from italy(and the owner is a little bit full of himself).They are both machined 7075 aluminum parts.

As for the hot bodies gears I actually dont know anyone that runs them(allthough ive heard of many that do) as for the stock gears if they are fine when you get the truck just leave them.When i shimmed mine I centered the pinnion in the ring gear as much as possible and got the mesh almost to the point of being notchy from the shims on the ring gear ride(one thin shim on the other side) run the truck easy for five tanks. Pulled them apart changed one thick shim for two thin and havnt had any issues.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:37 AM
ProRCRacer88

So thats how you shim gears, thanks for the info.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:21 PM
RcRacer37E

Hey ProRCRacer88, got hat off ebay, I was talking to the guy via email with buy it now, and then poof it was gone. You got a good deal from what I was told about the truggy. I ended up with another one, 187 shipped.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:03 PM
ProRCRacer88

I was watching it when he had it up at first for $275 and then when it ended and didn sell and i saw the new price for it($220) i couldn pass it up. Jumped on it within 2 hours of the relist.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:44 PM
ProRCRacer88

When I said i was getting the JR 9000T servo in an earlier post,(Torque: 320 oz/in @ 6V, Speed: .15 sec/60 deg @ 6V) i remembered later that i have the airtronics 94358 servo (Torque: 160 oz/in @ 4.8V, 200 oz/in @ 6.0V,
Transit Time: 0.13 sec/60 degrees @ 4.8V, 0.10 sec/60 degrees @ 6.0V) just sitting in a 1/10th car i probably wont use no time soon. Would that be enough power for the truggy or do i need the JR?
Old 08-16-2007, 02:51 PM
notch 9

A hobby shop I go to once in a while has the Inferno st-r for $650.00. Is this a good price ? Also how many versions of this truck are out there (ie PRO, ready set, sp1, sp2?). The one I wa looking at is a kit and i would assume it is the pro version, if there is one. thanks. Also the package just says inferno not 777 or anything. thanks.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:45 PM
El Esmeril207PR

Hi guys!
Could anyone tell me where to find the green wheels of the STR? I see this wheels in every pic of thr STR but not at the Hobbies or ebay or any place! if somebody knows where to buy it please let me know.
By the way the Muggy looks very mean with the new body and the guy with the Arena was having a good day at that track! Good job guys!
Old 08-16-2007, 07:48 PM
ProRCRacer88

ORIGINAL: notch 9

A hobby shop I go to once in a while has the Inferno st-r for $650.00. Is this a good price ? Also how many versions of this truck are out there (ie PRO, ready set, sp1, sp2?). The one I wa looking at is a kit and i would assume it is the pro version, if there is one. thanks. Also the package just says inferno not 777 or anything. thanks.
$650 is great if it comes with the extended chassis kit also. Versions of this truck is the RTR,($370) kit,($590) and kit w/ extended chassis.($700)
Old 08-16-2007, 07:56 PM
ProRCRacer88

ORIGINAL: El Esmeril207PR

Hi guys!
Could anyone tell me where to find the green wheels of the STR? I see this wheels in every pic of thr STR but not at the Hobbies or ebay or any place! if somebody knows where to buy it please let me know.
By the way the Muggy looks very mean with the new body and the guy with the Arena was having a good day at that track! Good job guys!
Hey man, you can find them here www.amainhobbies.com they have it all for this truck and many others.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:16 PM
mtbkym01

ORIGINAL: ProRCRacer88

Hi guys!
Hey man, you can find them here www.amainhobbies.com they have it all for this truck and many others.
If you still have trouble finding green, you can try getting white ones and some green clothing dye and dye them, google dyeing rc parts and plenty of instructions will come up.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:35 PM
El Esmeril207PR

Well guys thank you very much!,but now you have to explain me what dye means! it is like a cover for the wheels or so? I never saw them.A main has the wheels in orange ,yellow ,chrome ,white but no green.There is one from axial that is very like the kyosho but it is not the same.Anyway let me check in google for this dyes to see what I can find.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:58 PM
El Esmeril207PR

OK! You want me to cook my rims!jaja! that's cool or hot!
Anyways thanks for the info I will considerate it.
let me explain something before you guysthink I'm using drugs or something,I saw in another forum the new muggy of some kit and amatrix arena runing in a track.I change of forum but keept in mind those pics like if was one of yours! I'm getting old anyway! thanks again.

Name:	Om32815.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	743584  
Old 08-16-2007, 11:22 PM
mtbkym01

OK! You want me to cook my rims!jaja! that's cool or hot!
Anyways thanks for the info I will considerate it.
let me explain something before you guysthink I'm using drugs or something,I saw in another forum the new muggy of some kit and amatrix arena runing in a track.I change of forum but keept in mind those pics like if was one of yours! I'm getting old anyway! thanks again.
These wheels were originally white! I used black dye but that is another story......[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6108157/tm.htm[/link]

Name:	Fd90684.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	743622  
Old 08-21-2007, 11:24 AM
ProRCRacer88

truck came today and everything seems to be in good working order, but of coarse i wont be able to really tell until i get it running.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:31 PM
mtbkym01

Hey great news PRO, I'm hoping my LRP, chassis, clutch and upper rods get here this week, I just love working on this thing, almost as much as actually driving it. As I stated in another post, hopefully we'll have a new track here pretty soon, so some decent racing can commence, until then, I'll keep modding it until it is totally pimped out, costing me a fortune but hey, these Kyosho's rock, just ask Pavadis, King, Lutz and co. By the way there's some pretty quick guys down here in OZ with 777 kanai buggies and truggies doing really well also. There's a lot of hype about Jammin's, Mugen's, Xray's etc, but each time a WC comes around (Nitro tourers included), Kyosho continue to come up with the goods, lets not forget that kyosho won the first ever EP off road worlds in 2wd, well before a lot of these other companies were even a twinkle in someone's eyes. I'm not flaming any of these other products, I know they are all of the highest quality, but I think a lot of folk, particularly on RCU dont give kyosho the kudos they deserve. I'm aware their pricing could be a bit of an issue in this, but hey, as they always say, you get what you pay for. I think the addition of Gil Losi Jr to the Kyosho America team, will help promote the product in the US, and maybe that will help.

Good to hear you got yours, keep us updated, GO INFERNO
Old 08-21-2007, 05:08 PM
ProRCRacer88

i definatly agree MTB that kyosho are one of the top kits to go for when racing. I always use to see them in the rc books i get about them winning this race and that race, so i knew i had to get one of their kits oneday, had no idea it would be so soon. will order some stuff soon hopefully.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:11 AM
RcRacer37E

Look into the bce chassis for that srt. I should have my truggy today and chassis early next week. Glad to hear it made it to you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.