Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Truggy vs Buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 11:34 AM
gtsum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Truggy vs Buggy?

2d - yep, drill 2 holes in each piston making them 4 hole pistons..I used this:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/7599

Used 1.3 pistons in front and drilled 2 1.3mm holes and then used 1.4 pistons rear and drilled 2 1.4mm holes...much better action - they feel more like a losi shock (smooth, more consistant, etc)
Old 10-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Jatohulk

ORIGINAL: gtsum

Used 1.3 pistons in front and drilled 2 1.3mm holes and then used 1.4 pistons rear and drilled 2 1.4mm holes...much better action - they feel more like a losi shock (smooth, more consistant, etc)
The NT1 comes with four hole in the kite and you can change them by twisting the shock shaft and you hear the clicks. I wounder why didn't XT8 came with this shock option. Unless we are talking about the same thing.. gtsum you are talking about the little plastic thing thats in side the shock and the oil goes though the little hole when you move the shock up and down correct??
Old 10-06-2007, 11:48 AM
gtsum

ORIGINAL: Jatohulk

The NT1 comes with four hole in the kite and you can change them by twisting the shock shaft and you hear the clicks. I wounder why didn't XT8 came with this shock option. Unless we are talking about the same thing.. gtsum you are talking about the little plastic thing thats in side the shock and the oil goes though the little hole when you move the shock up and down correct??
yep, those be them. The xt8 shows optional 4 hole pistons available for an upgrade, but no place has them in stock, so I drilled my own. I got this setup tip from a local xray factory driver and it really made the truck better...that being said, the aftermarket big bores are where it is at. I raced against a kyosho str with the K car aftermarket BB shocks and it was so smooth all around the track...mine was too, but in a very high speed sweeper with undulations and bumps, he was able to go much faster through it...the BB shocks made his truck less aggressive...for 80% of the track, my drilled 4 hole piston setup was equal to his, but that one part of the track his was better (he drove mine as well and said the same thing). Bad news is the KMW BB shocks are about 150 a set...but they do look nice!
Old 10-06-2007, 11:51 AM
2DMaxLST!!

Thanks for the info gtsum, I think I will be doing some shock work in the next couple of weeks.

I rebuilt my front shock 6 different ways last weekend and I just can not get what I am looking for.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Jatohulk

yep, those be them. The xt8 shows optional 4 hole pistons available for an upgrade, but no place has them in stock, so I drilled my own. I got this setup tip from a local xray factory driver and it really made the truck better...that being said, the aftermarket big bores are where it is at. I raced against a kyosho str with the K car aftermarket BB shocks and it was so smooth all around the track...mine was too, but in a very high speed sweeper with undulations and bumps, he was able to go much faster through it...the BB shocks made his truck less aggressive...for 80% of the track, my drilled 4 hole piston setup was equal to his, but that one part of the track his was better (he drove mine as well and said the same thing). Bad news is the KMW BB shocks are about 150 a set...but they do look nice!
Are these the shock you are talking about. Hit the link..

[link=http://www.kmwracing.com/cart/home.php?cat=9]KMW BB shock.[/link]
Old 10-06-2007, 12:04 PM
gtsum

Are these the shock you are talking about. Hit the link..

[link=http://www.kmwracing.com/cart/home.php?cat=9]KMW BB shock.[/link]

yep, those are them...very high quality for sure...i am gonna order me a set this week I think
Old 10-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Jatohulk

For thats price wouldn't you expect the whole complete shocks. This is what does not come with it:

Items not included that you will need:
Stock XB8 shafts
Stock XB8 shock ends
Stock XB8 shock orings and clips
Stock XB8 shock boots
Stock plastic shock preload clips for adjustment
Losi 8ight Shock Bladders
Old 10-06-2007, 12:12 PM
gtsum

yeah, basically you are getting a bronze piston, machined shock bodies and the caps...you have to use all the o rings, spacers, clips, and shafts from the stock xt8. They are the shiznit though!
Old 10-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Jatohulk

yeah, basically you are getting a bronze piston, machined shock bodies and the caps...you have to use all the o rings, spacers, clips, and shafts from the stock xt8. They are the shiznit though!
Do not say that in the Xray forum they have a thing with opinion. Over there they can not take it.. Oh well thats $149.99 more I need to speend when I get the kit..
Old 10-07-2007, 08:28 AM
GNX5T

you seem really rough with the throttle 2D, your basher roots show when your driving, for me i get much faster being smooth on and off the throttle and on and off the brakes then jabbing them.

when the cop pulls you up doing 234 km/h and asks if you knew how fast you were going, say "yep i had cruise control on

Hi guys, I was watching 2D's video. I thought it was some great driving. I just wanted to know what you "ttoks" meant when you said 2D was really rough on the throttle? I was at a track only a couple of times, usually try and find a local spot to practice my trucks manuverability and noticed that's how my throttle sounds from my video's. So how i'm driving is wrong? What's the wrong part, tapping the throttle the way 2D does? I drive an mbx5t and would really like to polish my driving skills to maximize it's performance. I'd like to race more often next year.

thanks for your help.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:27 PM
gtsum

gxn - there is no right or wrong way to drive...everyone is different...some are very smooth on the throttle and roll into it - others are very throttle happy...others are somewhere in between..you need to find what works for you...case in point, I saw a vid of jammin jay wheeling a CRT and he was all over the throttle..blipping it all around the track...then you see other pros who are very smooth...whatever works!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:55 PM
RcRacer37E

Watch the pros drive, Matt Gosch, Ryan Lutz (just to name a few) and they are brder line out of control. Lutz at the truggy nats was wide open around the whole track, or darn near it.
Truggy vs the savage X, Race the truggy and bash the X. I bash the revo and race the strr. Every once and awhile I'll race the revo or my 11 year old will.
Buggy vs truggy, buggy isnt as forgiving as a truggy. I had a hyper 8 when it came out and had a hell of a time, then jumped to truggy class, much more forgiving. If you can learn on a truggy and get good with it, then jump to a buggy.
I tried to jump right in with a buggy, I felt as if I was only in the way.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:41 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I don't think "ttoks" has a lot of experience on a dust bowl blown out R/C track like I was driving on. It's not easy at all. With no marshals I am going just fast enough to make a continuous take, the best I can, I'm no pro, that's for sure.

That track is being redone this week and will hopefully look more like is used to.

This is what the same track looks like when it is properly prepped.