Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Purchase of Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Ausable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchase of Truggy

I am new at this and want to purchase a new Truggy or Losi Eight, What do you recomend any stores in the New Jersey area. Can someone help me Im around the Kenilworth NJ area.
Thanks
Old 11-04-2007, 07:02 PM
twomanytoys

Default RE: Purchase of Truggy

What are you looking to spend. The Thunder tiger St1 is a great truggy. AMain had them on sale for 299. They normally go for about 400. The Losi eight is also a great truggy if you really want to spend that much.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:09 PM
vnmsgt

I think you should get the hyper st pro and not the thunder tiger! lol, just kidding twomanytoys! Actually I think it depends on how much you want to spend, and if you are willing to mail order parts and wait or go with one you hobby shop carries so you can get parts right away, and if you are going to race or just bash around a field or something. You will find people who enjoy all the brands of truggies. How much do you have to spend?
Old 11-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Ausable

Around $500.00?
Old 11-04-2007, 10:05 PM
vnmsgt

If you are looking at spending 500 total then you are going to have look at a rtr only. Some good truggies for that price are the Cen Matrix, Robitronic Mantis, Hyper St and Thunder tiger ST-1. If you want to save some money and not spend all of it go with the thunder tiger you can get for just under 300 at a-main hobbies if they still have any. The 8ight-t, mugens, x-rays, and kyosho should be alot more. Well maybe you can find a kyosho st-r close in price. If you are not looking to race but just bash, you could look at the kyosho inferno us sports, Redcat monsoon, or eventhe duratrax Raze. they are cheaper truggies and not really set up for racing without some good tuning but with some work can be made to run pretty well on the track. All are excellent truggies and all have positives and negatives from everyone but just go with what YOU like
Old 11-05-2007, 01:01 AM
mtbkym01

^^Very well said^^
Old 11-05-2007, 03:58 AM
ttoks

killer hobbies sells the 8ight T RTR for $599, you have to have an account there and be logged in to see there price, but [link=http://www.killerhobbies.com/items/losi/losi-8ight-8ight-t/team-losi-8ight-t-1-8-4wd-rtr-w-dx2-0-losb0083-detail.htm]here[/link] is the link
Old 11-12-2007, 11:54 PM
snowhack

Putting together a Losi 8ight-T off eBay right now. I have everything but the 3 diffs, they prove to be difficult getting cheap. I'm way under 3 bills and I got a ton of extra stuff, ie: 3 extra chassis, 8 buggy stuff, etc. I'll flip the extra non-T stuff to offset my expense.

I figure I will have a gas and go 8T for less than my members discounted Warhead RTR from Tower. I've been at it for only two weeks. If I was a bit more patient I would have spent even less so far. I have still managed to get major componants in both RTR and ROLLER so cheap it's criminal. (ie: my last chassis (RTR) was $4.50) All stuff so far is new except the mach .26 aka 427 engine, it's a few tanks old out of a LST.

A lot off stuff from the 8 buggy and LSTs are cross compatable, I use a Losi parts sheet to cross the numbers and compatability. It takes a little patience and it helps to score multiple items from one sorce to combine shipping, there are alot of R/C chop shops on ebay and all stuff is new from them.

This is a cut and paste from another reply I left.

This can be done w/ most any rc. Its winter(off season) here in the North East so plenty of down time to put together a good rc. I figure I wanted the best and I couldn't afford $700+ so it works for me. I always loved kits anyway now I can put it together from scratch.