Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

HYPER ST AND RAZE ST.. KINDA COPY??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

HYPER ST AND RAZE ST.. KINDA COPY??

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 12:20 AM
Infamous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HYPER ST AND RAZE ST.. KINDA COPY??

Hey guys.. i stumbled across the Duratrax rase st article on the crawling forum and correct me if im wrong but isnt it a real design steal of the hyper st??

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=955

theres the link
let me know what you think
Old 01-02-2008, 03:35 AM
bcane98
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: HYPER ST AND RAZE ST.. KINDA COPY??

Is that what DuraTrax (Dura-Trash) is all about though... redesign LMAO... anyway it's really cheap looking.

Thy did turn the steering servo upright though... I guess that is the redesigned part...
Old 01-02-2008, 03:37 AM
Infamous

hahaha i reckon dude. they cant design their own.. lol
Old 01-02-2008, 07:34 AM
happywing

I don't think Duratrax designs anything. I think it's more of a name-plate than anything else. They have some cheap stuff, but it gets people into the hobby.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:40 AM
bcane98

ORIGINAL: happywing

...They have some cheap stuff, but it gets people into the hobby.
On the flip side of that coin it could cost a grip to fix and drive them away...

One guy I knew (acquaintance) got out cause "1" is the loneliness number (no one to play with)... He got back into the hobby after being warned about buying second hand and the colder months coming... again no one to play with (too cold or conflicting schedules) and he really dislikes the hobby now. He's just one guy though.

I always advise the new guys and gals to get on board with a well known manufacture (HPI, OFNA, Losi, etc)... That way broken parts won't cost as much... well depending on which part breaks of course.

L8Rs
Rick
Old 01-02-2008, 09:10 AM
jaywax

ORIGINAL: Infamous

Hey guys.. i stumbled across the Duratrax rase st article on the crawling forum and correct me if im wrong but isnt it a real design steal of the hyper st??

theres the link
The Raze ST looks nothing like a Hyper ST. I think you have your vehicles confused. Click link

http://www.hobao-racing.com/off_road_truggies.php
Old 01-02-2008, 10:35 PM
j_blaze

ORIGINAL: jaywax

ORIGINAL: Infamous

theres the link
The Raze ST looks nothing like a Hyper ST. I think you have your vehicles confused. Click link

http://www.hobao-racing.com/off_road_truggies.php
exactly! the raze st looks like the hyper like it looks like every other truggy. engine on the left, radio on the right, 2 servos and 4 tires and thats about it. the hyper st is like nothing else out there (about 40% hyper 7 though) and the raze st looks like 95% mutilator or kyosho us sports more than the hyper. sorry dude, you are way off. but the raze buggy is about 95% hyper 7 though, there you would be right.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:39 AM
wrat

are you guys serious??...have a close look at the hyper st pro ..sure, engine on the left and box on the right, but nuthing like the hyper st pro...

at the end of the day ,,if it runs and completes a race or a bash day and delivered some smiles,,whole the bloody hell cares
Old 01-03-2008, 03:24 AM
Infamous

jay wax it is very similar its like a copy of the hyper st.. take the steering and electrics into consideration
Old 01-03-2008, 06:08 AM
bcane98

Actually if you look a little closer at the Mutilator, it is very much resembles that... especially the servo tray and steering location.

Mutilator Steering, radio box

Raze ST Steering, Radio Box

Now the Chassis on the other hand looks similar to the HST... I could not find those pics so easily, but if you look at the Hyper 8 chassis you will see similarity... I thought the HST was based off that buggy anyway...

Hyper 8

Raze ST

So overall I would say the Raze resembles OFNA products, not to just singling out one vehicle though...
Old 01-03-2008, 08:22 AM
slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: bcane98

Actually if you look a little closer at the Mutilator, it is very much resembles that... especially the servo tray and steering location.

Mutilator Steering, radio box

Raze ST Steering, Radio Box

Now the Chassis on the other hand looks similar to the HST... I could not find those pics so easily, but if you look at the Hyper 8 chassis you will see similarity... I thought the HST was based off that buggy anyway...

Hyper 8

Raze ST

So overall I would say the Raze resembles OFNA products, not to just singling out one vehicle though...
When you take the top off most truggies you will seem the same basic design all truggies share... you can't redesign the wheel.. if it works use it