Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Hyper ST pro or Losi Eight-T Roller?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Hyper ST pro or Losi Eight-T Roller?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 04:57 PM
spikeitaudi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper ST pro or Losi Eight-T Roller?

Cost being not a factor which would you get? I have an opportunity to get either the Eight T Roller or Hyper ST pro for about the same price. I was set on getting the HYper ST PRO, but got a good price on an eight T roller.

Thoughts?
Old 01-06-2008, 05:03 PM
vnmsgt

Default RE: Hyper ST pro or Losi Eight-T Roller?

I would go with the Hyper ST Pro. I think it is a more solid truck and built to take a beating. I have driven both and yeah the 8ight-t is lighter but they handle almost the same and the hyper I think can take more of a beating.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:07 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was in the same boat a few months ago, and went for the HST Pro.. The main reason was because it was a kit, and I wanted to build something..

I do think the 8T looks better though..

But still, I read SO much everywhere how tough the HST is, so that was more or less the cincher..
Old 01-06-2008, 06:28 PM
spikeitaudi

There has to be more of you to wiegh in on this? I am suprised to see 2 yeas for the St pro over the Losi Eight T roller. Not a peep from you Eight-T owners.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Th3pwn3r
My Feedback: (1)

I have not driven the HST or seen one in action but I have seen the 8ight T take ridiculous abuse and I'm amazed and still in disbelief. My buddy has cased a triple so many times with his 8ight and not broken anything going really fast and right into the nose. I was so impressed by it's ability not to break that I bought one myself I'm sure either Truggy is a great choice though.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:22 PM
spikeman

I've never driven the hst, but I drove a eight and it was amazing!
Old 01-06-2008, 07:51 PM
wrat

lol...dont you love these questions..use the search button and you will find this debate everywhere..get what you like..i dont race just bash and go realy hard..i have broken nufin yet bud...its the old is it half full or half empty question
Old 01-06-2008, 07:58 PM
spikeitaudi

I have done research and the research didn't yield any great results. Hence my questions. I will be using this strictly for racing not bashing. Thanks for your helpful input.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Jerzferno

Let me tell you something about the search function. I put in a search, "Kyosho Inferno". Thats all! I got HPI Savage, 1/10th scale stuff, and many many other things in it including Inferno. So the search is not that great a function. Wouldnt you think all I would have nothing but Kyosho Inferno hits? Nope. If someone wants to ask a question, thats what this forum is for. If you are tired of seeing this question its really really simple................dont respond. New people come on this borad every day. More models are being purchased by these people. So asking a question that has been asked before is no big deal. So........to get to the question, I have seen the LOSI eight run and it looks to be a stought vehicle. I have not seen the ST, but OFNA has a great reputation. Since cost is not the issue, you need to look at the simpler things like parts availability, LHS support, Internet sights, and listen to the guys who have these. Especially the ones who have/had both. I would think either truggy will be a great purchase. Just like any model, you can upgrade and most importantly practice, practice, practice. Im sure which ever you chooose, you will get what you are looking for.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:00 PM
j_blaze

parts availability should play a part in the decission. no matter how tough they are eventually something will go wrong. if you race you push the envelope. my vote is for the hyper though, theres enough losi's out there already. if it wasn't for my throttle servo going out today i would have been right there with the leaders (3 losi's) at the end of the main.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:06 AM
slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: spikeitaudi

Cost being not a factor which would you get? I have an opportunity to get either the Eight T Roller or Hyper ST pro for about the same price. I was set on getting the HYper ST PRO, but got a good price on an eight T roller.

Thoughts?
I had the same debat when i bought my 8ight... 8ight or the hyper... i decided on the 8ight mainly due to part availibilty.
I heard good things about both and i really like the hyper looks solid and i've watched a few pro drivers at my track destroy with them

But i bought the 8ight.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:59 PM
spikeitaudi

Thanks to all for replying. As I do like both I think I am going to get the Hyper ST pro as there aren't many around here and the Eight-t are a dime a dozen. Both are good and stong but the price is alittle but better on the HST pro. Thanks again all.