Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Servo help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 11:35 PM
rican25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo help!

Hey guys recently my throttle servo took a dump on me ending my day at the track. I have recently put in the high torque servo that came with my spektrum and I am not having much success. I have almost zero servo travel when I hit the brake, now when I hit the throttle it works fine but when I hit the brakes although the carb slams shut the brakes do not engage. I adjusted the linkages and now the brakes drag just a bit with no brake on the controller and when I hit the brake on the controller it doesnt add any more braking power at all. could this be due to weak springs in the linkages? is fuel line the best fix? can I get stronger springs? I would really like to get this fixed before the weekend as I bother my local track guys enough with helping with my truck when I know they would rather be running theirs. they dont mind and to be honest VNMSGT has been very helpful in getting my truck together and I bother him more than anyone as he has the pro version of my truck. anyway, any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:03 AM
qaiz

Default RE: Servo help!

I have recently put in the high torque servo that came with my spektrum and I am not having much success. I have almost zero servo travel when I hit the brake, now when I hit the throttle it works fine but when I hit the brakes although the carb slams shut the brakes do not engage. I adjusted the linkages and now the brakes drag just a bit with no brake on the controller and when I hit the brake on the controller it doesnt add any more braking power at all. could this be due to weak springs in the linkages? is fuel line the best fix? can I get stronger springs?
First, have you checked your brakes for any debris trapped in them, is the pad worn, is the brake disc worn.?

Almost no servo travel either means an obstruction or your servo is having problems.

The carb slams shut because the linkage connecting your throttle to the carb also slams shut when you brake.

I used to have a similar problem, and fixed it by replacing the servo.

It might might might be due to weak springs, but Im not sure about that one, yeah try getting harder springs and check it out.

Keep up informed.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:54 AM
slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: rican25

Hey guys recently my throttle servo took a dump on me ending my day at the track. I have recently put in the high torque servo that came with my spektrum and I am not having much success. I have almost zero servo travel when I hit the brake, now when I hit the throttle it works fine but when I hit the brakes although the carb slams shut the brakes do not engage. I adjusted the linkages and now the brakes drag just a bit with no brake on the controller and when I hit the brake on the controller it doesnt add any more braking power at all. could this be due to weak springs in the linkages? is fuel line the best fix? can I get stronger springs? I would really like to get this fixed before the weekend as I bother my local track guys enough with helping with my truck when I know they would rather be running theirs. they dont mind and to be honest VNMSGT has been very helpful in getting my truck together and I bother him more than anyone as he has the pro version of my truck. anyway, any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
Your brakes are not working because i'm guessing since you said you are using the servo that came with your specktrum it is the z270.. that servo blows no power it can't engage the brakes with enough torque.. its only what? a 40oz servo..

I blew my z270 the first day at the track with my 8ight.. i put a hi-tec 925mg and i've had no problems since then
Old 01-08-2008, 11:02 AM
vnmsgt

He is using the 590 metal geared steering servo that came with the spektrum.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:16 AM
slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

He is using the 590 metal geared steering servo that came with the spektrum.
Well it comes with a 590 and a 270 most people use the 590 to steer...

If the 590 isn't working for the throttle, its a bad servo.. or your EPA is not set right

Or your EPA could be way off cause your servo horn wasn't centered correctly..

Old 01-08-2008, 11:20 AM
qaiz

Forgot to mention EPA lol.

BTW its not harmful if you set it at the absoloute maximum (125) is it.?

Thats what ive done for my throttle, brake and steering.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:33 PM
unluckylonestar

that is one of the worst things to do you will be burning up your servos really quick
Old 01-08-2008, 03:37 PM
qaiz

No wonder lol, good bye steering servo,
Old 01-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Tweedybird

if its not the servo or an obstruction then ya I would say its the EPA. and no never ever use 125 percent of your epa. always adjust according to what you need.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:00 PM
qaiz

I keep my throttle normally at 95%, brake at 70%, and steering at 125%.

Ill tone down the steering to about 95%.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Tweedybird

you don't have to tone it down to anything you have to adjust it so it gives you full throw to the left or right without binding.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:22 PM
slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: Tweedybird

you don't have to tone it down to anything you have to adjust it so it gives you full throw to the left or right without binding.
What he said
Old 01-09-2008, 12:42 AM
qaiz

Thanx tweedy and um to slayer lol.

Might not be able to take it for a run today, tho have adjusted all the EPA's so that their not bining.

My pipe hasnt arrived here yet [:@] [&o]

Thats what I get for taking snail mail.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:54 PM
madmax22

id rather not pay $75 bucks for a part that costs $50 lol my brother did that w/ a vid game i was cracking up!
Old 01-09-2008, 05:10 PM
ericem

LOL you guys REALLLLLLLLLLLY need to read through your manual's on your digital radio's and learn how to setup the radio EPA so that it does not go fast the point where it can not move anymore!! No wonder all you guys are burning up servo's!!