Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Truggy Cam

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 05:20 AM
azzman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truggy Cam

Hi all, heres a vid with my video camera strapped on to the XUT...its just around the parking lot...didnt want to wreck the camera tho...

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo3tAt1S9d0]CLICK ME TO VIEW[/link]
Old 01-21-2008, 05:40 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Truggy Cam

That was awesome.. I liked the camera placement.. Good quality too.

Would really be great to see a whole race on a track with jumps and everything..

What engine is that? I like the sound whatever it is..
Old 01-21-2008, 08:37 AM
rcpowerhorse

i agree that engine makes a nice noise
Old 01-21-2008, 11:51 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey, what would a decent camera cost to do somethink like that?
Old 01-21-2008, 02:35 PM
azzman

...well to answer the first question, the engine is the trust ol k4.6 from the Savage, with the XUT pipe on it. Its been a great engine, lost a little compression but runs sweet, the only problem I have had with it is the midrange needle has got really loose and keeps winding itself in or out...but some rtv should take care of that.

The camera on the rc thing has been bugging me for a while, I have got a (cheap) wireless camera that I tried but it turned out pretty crap, and Im not sure weather it was the cameras fault or the sender/reciever unit...or both!
The camera used for this vid is a sony DCR-PC55E [link=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-DCR-PC55E-Handycam-Camcorder-Optical/dp/B0007WG3SE]HERE[/link] which I picked up second hand as second camera for NZ$300. Its a nice compact camera but still quite big to be strapping on rc's and still too expensive to be crashing with...

I think the two more viable options are def the wireless way, but a more expensive bullet cam ...they are smaller, easier to mount (I had to mount the sony sideways and crop and rotate the video on the pc) and can be better protected.

OR a solid state (memory card) video recorder, ideally as small as the Oregon Scientific ATC2K which can be bought for as little as US$90 on fleabay, but I have heard these dont like vibration much...but if someone could test one that would be great! Or another one i was looking at was the Aiptek IS-DV2 [link=http://www.amazon.com/Aiptek-MPEG4-Stabilization-Digital-Camcorder/dp/B000EHKWKM]HERE[/link]

Cheers
Old 01-21-2008, 03:10 PM
UG0TB4NN3D
My Feedback: (1)

I wanna do this with a crappy like $20 cam on my X1 CRT.

That would be interesting.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:08 PM
chrobar

Awesome video, I also love the camera placement, you can see the suspension do it's job well.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:55 PM
madmax22

sweet. Im trying to learn how to upload vids to my IMac. lol this might take a wile....... nice trug BTW
Old 01-21-2008, 09:12 PM
REVO X
My Feedback: (10)

Nice!!! I thought the suspension was for jumps LOL! J/K!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:45 PM
IL2mSturmovik

Cool video!
What would be off teh chart cool would be to mount a camera surrounded by sorbothane or some other uber shock absorbant material and record a race from the drivers seat
Old 01-22-2008, 04:34 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice! i tried also... but in dirt with an old cam, that didnt survive! lol.. i kind of expected to ruin the camera, i already had a new one.. sure enough tho, killed it! dirt + cameras = bad!
i got 3+min of outta control, make ya sea sick footage... i just went out behind my house, but it really doesnt matter because everything is just spinning around anyways! not real pleasant to watch, but the motor is as nasty as it gets!! modded 528xr in my matrix fre!
listen to the mill!! bout all ya can do... to make it worse google killed the res..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...15592572&hl=en
Old 01-23-2008, 06:42 PM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: revopqrs

nice! i tried also... but in dirt with an old cam, that didnt survive! lol.. i kind of expected to ruin the camera, i already had a new one.. sure enough tho, killed it! dirt + cameras = bad!
i got 3+min of outta control, make ya sea sick footage... i just went out behind my house, but it really doesnt matter because everything is just spinning around anyways! not real pleasant to watch, but the motor is as nasty as it gets!! modded 528xr in my matrix fre!
listen to the mill!! bout all ya can do... to make it worse google killed the res..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...15592572&hl=en

Pretty cool vid, but I started getting sea sick, lol.
Now imagine that with a pretty nice camera, and on a track racing, that would be insanely cool!