Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Battery Box Losi 8 T

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 06:00 AM
easyrabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Box Losi 8 T

I was doing a bit of bashing and practicing my jumps and something weird happened. The battery box cover totaly broke where one of the pins holds the cover on. battery popped out and was flopping around under the body until I noticed it (never came unplugged). No crashes or rolls or even any real hard landings. I was driving real easy and making perfect jumps at the time. Never had that happen before. Anyone who own an L8T have the same problem? If so what did you do to fix it? I'm not sure what to do since the break seems like a design flaw or I just got a bad cover.

The hump pack was not secured very well inside the box but it was between two pieces of foam and pretty snug. I guess I need to go one step further and make sure it is strapped down inside the box. The only way I can think this happened is the battery busted its way out from the inside.

Many thanks for your help/input/suggestions!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 06:59 AM
qaiz

Default RE: Battery Box Losi 8 T

Write to Losi.

They have great customer service, my dads losi had something wrong with the fuel tank, I think it comes premounted with a filter, and was restricting proper fuel supply, he wrote to them, they UPS'd him a new one, fully shipped, no questions asked, and it should be here tonight or tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:47 AM
Th3pwn3r
My Feedback: (1)

This is a common problem with the 8ight T. To prevent it I used a thick felt pad to stop it from bouncing around in the box. Also make sure your radio tray isn't too tight to the chassis.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:47 PM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: Th3pwn3r

This is a common problem with the 8ight T. To prevent it I used a thick felt pad to stop it from bouncing around in the box. Also make sure your radio tray isn't too tight to the chassis.

Many thanks. I will as you suggest. Maybe lay some velcro down as well as padding. I did not have any type of cutoff protection (would it have worked?) as well. It was going pretty fast, right at me. I tried to stop it with my foot which slowed it down. It kept going and slammed in to the loose part of a chain link fence. I thought for sure something was broken but nothing did. It survived another few tanks today of me jumping it as well. I am getting better at jumping (these things make it so much easier) but I did screw up a few times. It took some good hits but still nothing broke. Excuse me while I knock on some wood....

So this LT8 is pretty awesome. Tough, fast and handles great. That is about it for jump/bash sessions however. I am going to use it at the track only from now on. I have the Jammin CRT.5 for truggy bashing... another car which is pretty cool.....

I will post some video later.... of the CRT.5 as well... we had a pretty fun weekend

Alona!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:00 PM
madmax22

sounds like my ST-1 but my radio box never brokelol just bustin' your balls!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:04 PM
vnmsgt

Same thing happened in my 8ight buggy even with the foam inside the box and my friends 8ight-t. I just use a zip tie around the box to hold the cover on and no problems since.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:27 AM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

Same thing happened in my 8ight buggy even with the foam inside the box and my friends 8ight-t. I just use a zip tie around the box to hold the cover on and no problems since.

That is EXACTLY what I am going to do. It is a pain in the azz but well worth it.

Thanks!
Old 01-23-2008, 04:50 AM
easyrabbit

Here is a video of the day this happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpfEI4bstRU