Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Any opinions on the Mach .28?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Any opinions on the Mach .28?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:23 PM
UG0TB4NN3D
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any opinions on the Mach .28?

How do you replace that bearing?
Old 01-28-2008, 10:29 PM
ericem

ORIGINAL: UG0TB4NN3D

How do you replace that bearing?
Basically you disassemble the whole motor, then get a torch and heat it up until the bearing falls out(it is pressed in place) you need to tap the top of the motor as well while your heating it. I think I got my motor to 400F before the bearing just fell out. Overnight leave the new bearing in the freezer so it contracts that way when you go to install your new bearing it will sit in place very easily. You want it to be seated 100% flush. I did it with one mach motor I had. I need to do it with my current mach 427.

Another thing to keep in mind is the fact that upgrading the bearings has proven on the dyno to increase horsepower, but the comparison wasn't a bad bearing to new bearing. It was new stock bearing to a BOCA bearing or another performance bearing forgot the name. SO imagine if you have a bearing with loads of play and it is rubbing on the crank case spinning 35,000+rpm's!! That's odd to hold you back.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:12 AM
Coopz

Well I ordered a Sportwerks .26 V2 off Amain (with the backplate), another guy at my club has used his for almost 3 seasons without ever taking it apart, still goes well. Seemed like the best value engine and I've had a bad run with turbo head motors, good to go back to the old system
Old 01-29-2008, 01:32 AM
eirk66

my bad just saw the post on mach .28 just assumed was the Hobao one
Old 01-29-2008, 05:39 AM
Coopz

Orginally it was:P
Old 01-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Th3pwn3r
My Feedback: (1)

Me and my friend both have Losi 8ight T RTRS with Mach 427s in them and they rip. Neither of us are running anywhere near lean and we get decent power from them. It's funny how we see guys trying to start their engines for sooo long and keeping them running. One quick push of a button and reerrrr it's running and not dying out We ran these things in brutal conditions as well and they still performed great(0 degree weather and colder). We didn't even have any problems with cold starts either. I'll admit I get smoked on the straights by the higher end mills but through the turns is where I catch up and pass as the "fast" guys make errors and need a marshall [:'(] If you're looking for a good entry level engine get a Mach 427 and then just worry about your driving before you decide on getting an expensive and powerful engine.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:34 AM
Coopz

Hey after ordering it I heard the motor (sports .26 v2) is to big for many truggies engine mounts, even with the pullstart off as the backplate is massive. Is this true? Don't like the idea of using lots of spacers on the engine. Hasn't arrived yet but it will in a few days, I ordered the backplate but I don't htink it will help the situation...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/images/large/swk8087_2.jpg
Or does the backplate replace the entire rear end?
Old 02-02-2008, 10:44 AM
ericem

That is not true. It is just the backplate for the pullstart. With the bumpstart backplate you will NOT have a issue.