Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

---OFFICIAL CASTER RACING K8T TRUGGY THREAD---

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

---OFFICIAL CASTER RACING K8T TRUGGY THREAD---

Old 12-19-2008, 01:04 PM
cold_reboot
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -OFFICIAL CASTER RACING K8T TRUGGY THREAD-

If you wanted to keep both rear mounting posts stock instead of a single center modification, I think the Pro Line Crowd Pleazer 2.0 for the Kyosho ST-RR is your best bet. Thats what I plan on using next. I currently have the Pro Line Crowd Pleazer for the MBX5T and with the way the rear of the body is set up, can present some minor mounting post problems unless you make a single center post mod. The rear of the body on the Crowd Pleazer 2.0 for the ST-RR has much more flat area for mounting with the stock posts.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:19 PM
spudly123

cheers guys
Old 12-21-2008, 11:14 AM
spudly123

hi there just building the truggy up but haveing problems are all 4 shocks the same length as the truggy just sits real low compared to the front.the shocks are the big bores also it came with the 150 tank but the mounts dont work between the two and the kit didnt come with wheels and tyres is that normal?
cheers inadvance
Old 12-21-2008, 12:55 PM
cold_reboot

The old stock shocks were the same length as well, causing the front to sit higher than the rear, kinda figured they would have corrected that with the new shocks. One thing you can do is cut a coil or two off of the springs allowing them to sit lower. The 150 tank, I don't know, I don't have a 150 tank. Your best bet is to go to the caster forums at CasterRacingUSA.com and post your tank query there. Your sure to get an answer as the Caster company guys are always around if you need help as are the Team Drivers. If you've got the kit version of the truggy, 99% of kits don't come with wheels/tires no matter the manufacturer. Kits are generally race truggy's and with so many tire compounds and different treads theres no way a manufacturer could include tires that would work for everyone, so they'd end up throwing them away. So they leave them out to keep costs down.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:07 PM
spudly123

cheers ill try the caster forum .
Old 12-21-2008, 01:21 PM
j_blaze

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: j_blaze

or you can go with a faster k8t drivers setup and run 10/10/10 with 80 front and 70 rear with 1.4 pistons and blue springs, about 1 second faster than vnmsgt

try casterracingusa.com forums, theres other setups in there. here in fl we run on looser tracks with hard packed underneath, you start off with a blown off track and descent traction but soon are driving on dusty concrete.
Or I could have not run with a OLD SH.28 with about 10 gallons on it that has been pinched and a OLD 2 piece cheap pipe (both ran to blow off the cobwebs in them) and run a Grenade instead and probably made up another 3 seconds a lap LMAO! I think you forgot I beat you the last race we I went to LOL! So we are 1-1

that motor was running pretty good all day till the main, but you're right, it's no grenade. now that i have got a handle on the dnf daemons we'll see where we're at next time. see you in 09'.

my new tank fit perfect on the stock chassis, may need to drill a new hole. the truck should sit so with all gear loaded and fuel tank full the lower arms should be parallel to the ground/table. you use the c shaped spacers to lift up the back some, i think i have 24mm spacers in the back and 11 in he front.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:28 PM
bc24fl

ORIGINAL: spudly123

hi there just building the truggy up but haveing problems are all 4 shocks the same length as the truggy just sits real low compared to the front.the shocks are the big bores also it came with the 150 tank but the mounts dont work between the two and the kit didnt come with wheels and tyres is that normal?
cheers inadvance
Waz up ColdReboot! Hope everything is good with you.

Spudly, like ColdReboot has said go over to the caster forums as there are alot of knowledgeable folks that will give you all the help you need to perfect your new build.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:59 PM
vnmsgt

cheers inadvance
If you have the 16mm Big Bores DO NOT cut the springs. All for shocks are still the same size and work just fine. You have to put 2 of the big shock spacers on (EACH) rear shock so that is 4 total, 2 per shock and it will sit just fine. If you are sure you have the 150cc tank then you CANNOT use the original tank posts. The 150cc tank uses longer posts.

I do not know how the K8T is sold in the UK or what comes with it but here in the US it comes with wheels and tires but the tires are not good for racing so you are not missing out on anything there. If the UK distributor includes the 150cc tank then they should have included 2 extra longer tank mounts (posts) too.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:10 PM
cold_reboot

After I typed that I figured it would probably be better to just pick up some front (shorter) springs for the OFNA Big Bores and use those.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:45 AM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: cold_reboot

After I typed that I figured it would probably be better to just pick up some front (shorter) springs for the OFNA Big Bores and use those.
The stock shocks (non big bores), the springs are too long or too stiff, something, and make the front end sit too high. The big bores springs are fine.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:51 AM
cold_reboot

Yeah but he has those and he said the front end was too high lol
Old 12-22-2008, 10:27 AM
vnmsgt

Yeah but he has those and he said the front end was too high lol
Probably because he did not have shock spacers in the back. With the big bores you do not have to run spacers in the front really but the back you do or the rear will sag way down and the front will be too high.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:52 AM
rc rock

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

The stock shocks (non big bores), the springs are too long or too stiff, something, and make the front end sit too high. The big bores springs are fine.
it's the same on the zx-1r as well.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:22 AM
cold_reboot

Yeah.....but I have the OFNA's short front, long rear and didn't have to add spacers lol :P
All reading this, note, I only bought them because Caster hadn't released thiers yet. I'm in no way making the ascertion that the OFNA's are inherantly better than the Casters. The OFNA's were more expensive....considerably. If the Casters had been available they'd be on my K8T. As soon as the LRP Spec 3 go's south I plan on throwing the Grenade in it.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:28 PM
REVO_RACER

So how is the spec 3 in your truggy? I was thinking if I went the truggy route ill probly run that engine in there.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:26 PM
vnmsgt

Yeah.....but I have the OFNA's short front, long rear and didn't have to add spacers lol :P
All reading this, note, I only bought them because Caster hadn't released thiers yet. I'm in no way making the ascertion that the OFNA's are inherantly better than the Casters. The OFNA's were more expensive....considerably. If the Casters had been available they'd be on my K8T. As soon as the LRP Spec 3 go's south I plan on throwing the Grenade in it.
Probably different spring rates. Caster Just came out with some RED springs for the Big Bores I am going to try out. They are stiffer than what comes with the truck and may not need to use the spacers.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:57 PM
spudly123

well cheers for the tips i have put 2 spacers on the rear shocks and none on the front and as for the 150 tank i used some tank monts of the x1crt which fitted well just waiting on servos now looking at the savox servos usually run ace ones but going for a change.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:14 PM
vnmsgt

well cheers for the tips i have put 2 spacers on the rear shocks and none on the front and as for the 150 tank i used some tank monts of the x1crt which fitted well just waiting on servos now looking at the savox servos usually run ace ones but going for a change.
Cool so the spacers worked like I mentioned then?
Old 12-22-2008, 02:37 PM
cold_reboot

The Spec 3 is a beast and a fuel hog. If you plan on racing I'd go with a good .21. If your just bashing or racing with friends the LRP is a monster and cheap.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:18 PM
j_blaze

the grenade is a good motor for bugy and truggy. explosive in a buggy and smooth in a truggy, you won't be disapointed.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:36 PM
vnmsgt

the grenade is a good motor for bugy and truggy. explosive in a buggy and smooth in a truggy, you won't be disapointed.
Yeah, I wish we could have seen Pete's Grenade this past saturday at outacontrol! I have spoke to a couple that said was NASTY!!! Pete actually said he was backing off on the throttle to run it. Guess it must have broke in finally! He has ran V-spec Speeds and Novarossi's and he said the Grenade was all he could want and more. That says alot right there.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:39 AM
j_blaze

what pipe?
Old 12-23-2008, 10:22 AM
vnmsgt

what pipe?
I am not sure the model but it is a Novarossi Pipe.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:49 PM
mogi

did any of you have problems mounting theoriginal body? mine seems to want to hit the front shocks. any help would be great. merry christmas all....
Old 12-24-2008, 07:43 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: mogi

did any of you have problems mounting theoriginal body? mine seems to want to hit the front shocks. any help would be great. merry christmas all....
What do you mean hit the front shocks? If you are talking about the body hitting the shock caps then that is normal because the shocks are larger than first designed and will rub. Some people cut a hole in the body where the caps rub. Sometimes the body rubs the shock springs too. Depends on body. You can cut around where it would rub. Have to do it on the Jconcepts body too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.