Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

---OFFICIAL CASTER RACING K8T TRUGGY THREAD---

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

---OFFICIAL CASTER RACING K8T TRUGGY THREAD---

Old 04-14-2009, 06:36 PM
vnmsgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -OFFICIAL CASTER RACING K8T TRUGGY THREAD-

EDIT....... The small gear conversions are now available and are 43/10 gearing, not the 46/10 gearing first thought.

BTW Here is the new updated 2009 K8T I just got and are available now. I installed the F8T shock towers as they are alot wider and taller then the stock ones. Also got a F8T RTR body. Looks awesome! You can also see the new 150cc fuel tank and new spur gear along with the new brakes and stuff. Comes with all Captured hinge pins too now. Comes with non-threaded 16mm big bores, I changed them.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:10 PM
sdp30

vnmsgt
Did you used to race for Team VTX? IF so, I have a VTX truggy and am looking to get a new one how is this caster compared to what you have raced from VTX ?
Thanks
Old 04-14-2009, 08:02 PM
cold_reboot
My Feedback: (20)

Wooooo...that's pretty. Whats been updated on the 09's vnm?
Old 04-15-2009, 07:01 AM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: cold_reboot

Wooooo...that's pretty. Whats been updated on the 09's vnm?
-Captured hinge pins, ferodo brake discs
-brake free springs
-larger fuel filter
-new bevel cut ring and pinions
-internal diff gears hardened alot more
-stronger center spur gear
-new longer taller wing mount
-new tires, includes the harder shocks springs now
-captured steering rod ball ends
-150cc fuel tank
-spring type exhaust pipe holder
-new 1.5R style ackerman plate.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:58 AM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

all the essentials except for the small gear...we'll see how she runs stock and then compare it to the small gear with the same setup..the weight loss from switching to small gear should help it outta the hole
Old 06-09-2009, 11:28 PM
vnmsgt

Here is a pic of my K8T from last month at the farm. Was awesome to be able to race there. Nice track.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:53 PM
j_blaze

nice pic, looks like a good surface too. gotta go there soon.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:04 PM
j_blaze

... try no front sway bar on a loose surface, inproved turning.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:08 PM
vnmsgt

Just tried to see if a MBX6T JConcepts body would fit on my K8T. Just had to trim the rear of the body a little different to clear the wing mount and move the body mounts down on the rear shock tower by drilling a hole for each mount which you can see me pointing to in one pic and it fits well. Here are some pics.

Also got a new Trinity Sirio Extech .21 Fully modded motor in recently. Awesome motor.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:12 PM
vnmsgt

Ran this weekend with the new body on. Have heard these newer design bodies tend to make the truck rotate better. Seemed pretty good to me but cannot say for sure if it really does. Qualified 4th and finished 6th overall in the A after a blown glow plug. Was running 2/3 for most of the race till that happened. My friend Steve who drives a K8T won the race in buggy and Truggy with his Casters that day. We had 30 minute mains too! Here are a couple pics.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:03 PM
ochitone
My Feedback: (21)

Chris,

Those are some really nice shots of your Caster. I will be going to the hobby shop today hopefully and try to do a dry run with the Proline Volkswagon Bug body to see how it looks. Wife has a thing for the VW, so if it fits, you know that this only means it is gonna get a girlly paint job.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:44 PM
vnmsgt

I do not think I have every seen a truggy with a VW body..... Sounds interesting since its gonna have a wing on it too. Let me guess, a pink paint job right?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:50 PM
ochitone

I am not sure about the pink paint job, but I never realy know. It take me hours and hours to layout something and sometimes when it is all done, I feel unhappy with it and start it all over agian. Sometimes it just goes smoothly from start to finish. Pink might not be a bad thing though once I think about it. It will help me to see it more and I can always toss it up some with a little splash of purple, blue, gray or even black. Who knows, it might be worth looking into.

I didn't get a chance to get by hobby shop today as wife got home late, but I will go buy tomorrow.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:45 PM
j_blaze

chris, how is the trinity doing so far? run times, temps, power, tuning? they look like beasts on the track but you never know how much effort it took to get them there. ol' red will be at wow soon.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:35 AM
ochitone

Ok, It is offical. I know have the Volkswagon Bug body for my K8T. It looks like it will fit without any mods majorly. I have noticed that the side gaurds stick out about 1/4-1/2 inch on both side. I am not sure what to do there, maybe turn them into running boards or something. It will be interesting. I will get pictures posted up when I get started.

It is going to be WAY COOL.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:37 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: j_blaze

chris, how is the trinity doing so far? run times, temps, power, tuning? they look like beasts on the track but you never know how much effort it took to get them there. ol' red will be at wow soon.
Trinity motor is doing awesome! Hardly have moved the needles not much at all after breaking it in. Motor never gets over 205 and mostly stays about 175-185 even after a 30 minute main. Best motor I have had so far. Power is insane but extremely smooth which I like alot.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:46 AM
trugster

anyone out there having problems with the rear diff pinion bearings moving in the diff casing, causing the pinion to disengage from the crown wheel?
Old 09-15-2009, 09:52 AM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: trugster

anyone out there having problems with the rear diff pinion bearings moving in the diff casing, causing the pinion to disengage from the crown wheel?
Do you mean you can push the 2 pinion bearing THROUGH the diff case completely to the other side like the that lip that separated is not there or broken off? If so then Yes I have seen that twice happen to only 1 person. It was twice in a row with 2 diff cases. Never happened again. I think it was a bad set of diff cases or something. He has been fine since. Never happened to me though.

If the bearings are just wobbling then you need a new diff case. They do get wore and occasionally need replacing. It does get really hot in that area. You can also try adding a shim or 2 and see if it gets tighter.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:27 PM
etivac13

i'm thinking of getting one of this..but the brushless version... how durable is this?
Old 09-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Snaut Rocket

if Its like my caster buggy, than its a tank.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:10 PM
etivac13

anyone owns the brushless version?
Old 09-28-2009, 02:44 AM
trugster

thanks for the feed back, i understand what your saying but thats not whats happening to me. whats happening is the inside bearing gets pushed down towards the chassis, while the outer bearing gets pushed up. it only happens on the rear diff, which makes me think that the torque from the motor is causing the pinion to climb the crown wheel, because the casing cant hold the bearings well enough to hold them in position. i run standard gearing except for a 14t clutch bell, 40 series tyres and an OS28xz motor. its an annoying problem as this is the 3rd time its happened and the last time my engine **** the bigend on the conrod from an over rev when the pinion come out of mesh from the crown wheel. any help is much appreciated.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:55 PM
hakmazter

We have sold the fusion truggies. They have all the new gears and different towers. Actually they are more bulletproof than the k8t out of the box and all f8ts come with big bores and 40 series wheels/tires.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:32 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: trugster

thanks for the feed back, i understand what your saying but thats not whats happening to me. whats happening is the inside bearing gets pushed down towards the chassis, while the outer bearing gets pushed up. it only happens on the rear diff, which makes me think that the torque from the motor is causing the pinion to climb the crown wheel, because the casing cant hold the bearings well enough to hold them in position. i run standard gearing except for a 14t clutch bell, 40 series tyres and an OS28xz motor. its an annoying problem as this is the 3rd time its happened and the last time my engine **** the bigend on the conrod from an over rev when the pinion come out of mesh from the crown wheel. any help is much appreciated.
Are you using the same diff case that the bearings go into? Have you replaced it with a new one. If not I would and try that. You might just have a bad case.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:31 PM
chaserogesr14

vnmsgt you really get the full effect of that 6t body from the rear left view, anyhow i see you run the 1/2'' hubs have you ever tried 0 offset hubs to 0 offset wheels?, i did it to my mbx5t and loved it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.