Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Are parts hard to find for the XRAY XT8??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Are parts hard to find for the XRAY XT8??

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 11:10 PM
HighClassBasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are parts hard to find for the XRAY XT8??

I just ordered an XRAY XT8 to add to my collection[8D].... but then i started looking at parts availablity and noticed a lot of replacement parts for the XT8 were on backorder[]... are replacement parts hard to find it?? I order all my parts online (I have no LHS)... where do I find replacemnt parts for the XRAY XT8???? Or are parts just hard to find for XRAYs??
Thanks.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:42 AM
2DMaxLST!!

Default RE: Are parts hard to find for the XRAY XT8??

I purchase mine at Amain,www.tiltedrc.com and www.carolinasrc.com, same places I get parts for my other R/C's. Jennys R/C sports chops them on ebay also.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:02 PM
HighClassBasher

Yeah, but at both places (A-main and Carolinasrc) OVER 50% of the parts for XT8 are "out-of-stock"/"backorder"[]. Whats the deal??
Old 02-03-2008, 01:08 PM
TheKaiman

I use A-main and www.rcamerica.com and tilted. RC America is a US distributor for X-Ray. Sometimes it takes a while for them to ship. I have been buying parts that I think I might need when they are available. Excellent truggy otherwise everything about it is top notch.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:01 AM
breakin2
My Feedback: (1)

Xray seems to be slow on restocking things, which is why I'm leery of getting the new 808 buggy.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:14 AM
gtsum

any online rc place has them...right now, they are backordered on a lot of things though...but honestly, I bought quite a few spare parts last year when I got my xt8 and I have not used a single one of them in over 6 gallons...the truck is pretty tough (there have been a few mishaps, but the arms, driveshafts, cvd's, etc are very tough)
Old 02-11-2008, 07:44 PM
HighClassBasher

ORIGINAL: gtsum

any online rc place has them...right now, they are backordered on a lot of things though...but honestly, I bought quite a few spare parts last year when I got my xt8 and I have not used a single one of them in over 6 gallons...the truck is pretty tough (there have been a few mishaps, but the arms, driveshafts, cvd's, etc are very tough)

I know XRays are VERY well built and are very rugged... that not what I am concerned about.... its getting replacement parts for general maintenence when i do need them that i am concerened about.
...Its really no big deal, i was just wondering if Xray parts were always on backorder this much, thats all
Old 02-11-2008, 08:41 PM
gtsum

ORIGINAL: AiRevo

ORIGINAL: gtsum

I know XRays are VERY well built and are very rugged... that not what I am concerned about.... its getting replacement parts for general maintenence when i do need them that i am concerened about.
...Its really no big deal, i was just wondering if Xray parts were always on backorder this much, thats all
my regular maintenance has been reduced to CB bearings and that is about it. I have almost 7 gallons on the truck and I have not had a single bearing failure, arm breakage, etc yet!!!! I have replaced some bearings here and there, but that is all. The diff gears still look brand new. Wait, I take some of that back...I did spin the spur gear when my engine moved, and of course the track did not have the part, so I was done for the day. The only weakness I have found is I do not think xray plstic likes the cold weather too much...I have broken 4 rear hub carriers (3 in the same day). It was 40 degrees out and I landed on on rear wheel each time and it cracked (on a local track that I always run at). 50 degrees and up though you should be good to go. Also, not sure if you are getting a buggy or truggy, but if the buggy, you can get killer deals at www.titledrc.com (b main''s new name). Xray just announced the new 808 buggy (man, it looks NICE!) and TiltedRC is putting all the TQ parts on closeout.....
Old 02-11-2008, 09:12 PM
madmax22

Hey you about 2 1/2 hrs away from me! DO you know any people that have nitro rc's??? There is 2 lhs about 30 min ea that carrie any part you could imagine....