Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Cen Matrix Arena TR steering help

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Cen Matrix Arena TR steering help

Old 02-07-2008, 09:04 PM
ewing61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cen Matrix Arena TR steering help

I've got a Cen matrix arena tr. Its a really good truck so far, however I'm having some trouble with the steering. There is binding somewhere in the steering assembly, though it doesnt seem like it. I can easily turn the wheels full lock both directions with my fingers, however with the servo attached the truck struggles to turn left. First I thought it was my servo, so I upgraded from the RTR servo to an Airtronics 94758z which has significantly more power and speed. On the block with the wheels off the ground, the turning is great, however once the truck is on the ground it the left steering is quite slow. I've examined the ackerman and steering rods, and don't see anything wrong. I made sure not to overtighten the steering brace to ensure easy movement. The bearings in the servo saver and opposite steering posts are in good shape. There are no squeaks or other signs of binding. I run a 5 cell hump pack, so there is plenty of power to the electronics. I use the futaba 3pm 2.4 tx w/ futaba 603ff rx. what is the problem?
Old 02-07-2008, 09:05 PM
UG0TB4NN3D
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Cen Matrix Arena TR steering help

Have you checked your EPA's?
Old 02-07-2008, 10:13 PM
ewing61

I wish it was something that simple and obvious, but it doesnt seem to be. It probably is something simple, however I have been through all of my radio settings to see if they were misdialed. The servo has plenty of throw, theres just something up with my steering linkages that is causing the servo to operate inefficiently. When I turn left on the tx, the wheels will go about 70% of full lock, and then after a slight delay will go the rest of the way very slowly and weakly. thanks
Old 02-07-2008, 11:18 PM
UG0TB4NN3D

Hm...Have you watched it move, like close up?
Old 02-07-2008, 11:49 PM
chrobar

Most of the time, the servo doesn't have the strength to move the tires full lock to lock on the ground. You should try to test the steering with the car running. See if the steering is still struggling. Good luck
Tom
Old 02-08-2008, 05:51 AM
UG0TB4NN3D

My servo can full lock the tires. ._. My old servo could, too, on carpet.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:20 AM
ewing61

I was under the impression that the servo should be able to rotate those tires while sitting still, especially on a slick surface like tile or hardwood. Anyway, when the car is in motion, the left turn is still no match for the right turn. It's slower, and the turning radius is larger than right. Like I said, I've examined the steering parts, and cant see any binding. Could It be something with the steering posts? I've made sure everything isn't too tight...I think. lame
Thanks yall
Old 02-08-2008, 07:00 PM
chrobar

ewing, what you can do is contact CEN customer service. They should be able to help you out.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:31 AM
chickenfart

You could also check your bearings in the steering posts....