Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

mounting low profile badlands ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

mounting low profile badlands ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 10:09 PM
spikeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mounting low profile badlands ?

I have a spare set of proline badlands laying around and I decided to use them on my ST-1 for a back ups incase something happens to my crimefighters at the track or if I want to bash. However the beed of the tire is pretty chewed up so it would be impossible to mount them straight so I thought if I made them low profile I would have to cut off the beed. In how to's I've seen for doing this with other tires and it ses turn the tire inside out and cut on the mold line. The badlands don't appear to have one though. I know this is possible because the guy who runs my local track did it with badlands once, but I didn't see him mount them so I don't know what he did. Does you guys have an Idea or have any of you done this ? thanks
Old 02-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Th3pwn3r
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: mounting low profile badlands ?

The only thing you can do is mount them up, glue them and then balance them.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:01 PM
pur3evil

Are you sure the guy you've seen with badlands mounted on LPR rims didn't just stretch the tire over the rim? I've seen this done with Crimefighters... You don't necessarily have to cut the bead. Might be worth trying.

-Howard
Old 02-16-2008, 02:39 PM
RcRacer37E

Rc Driver (rc 411.com) had a nice write up on mounting the mtr/mt tires on a set of losi rim or the lpr rims. You will need to cut them to fit the low pro rims. If the badlanders dont have the inner markings, you could use a marker and draw the line equaly on both sides them cut and mount.
Look up the how to on the rc driver site, should explain it in more details for you.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:09 AM
chrobar

Yes, that's what I did, just with panther boas. I just cut the bead off, and they fit fine on the 8T rims.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:54 PM
cyclesoul

ORIGINAL: nascardad24

Rc Driver (rc 411.com) had a nice write up on mounting the mtr/mt tires on a set of losi rim or the lpr rims. You will need to cut them to fit the low pro rims. If the badlanders dont have the inner markings, you could use a marker and draw the line equaly on both sides them cut and mount.
Look up the how to on the rc driver site, should explain it in more details for you.

Tried to find it , couldnt, got a link by any chance??