Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

RTR Hellfire or RTR X1 CRT

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

RTR Hellfire or RTR X1 CRT

Old 02-16-2008, 11:01 PM
ModifiedMaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RTR Hellfire or RTR X1 CRT

I cant decide,

I want the looks and the low grunt of the Hellfire.

But want I the Torque starter, the top speed, and the high ratings of the X1 CRT.

I dont know if I should swap the motors of the Hellfire for an O.S. 28 truggy engine.

Or if i should just get the X1 CRT and get the wheels and body from the Hellfire.

They also both perform well except for the Hellfires low-speed handling and the steering servo.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:09 PM
UG0TB4NN3D
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: RTR Hellfire or RTR X1 CRT

The Hellfire is a horrible truggy. I have the X1 CRT Pro, and it's amazing. Definitely go with the X1 CRT. I also have the Hellfire wheels on my CRT, was supposed to get Crimefighters, but the guy gave me hellfire wheels and tires instead.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:16 PM
INTEGRA

X2 what UG0TB4NN3D said...the Hellfire should be called the Hellfart....its a POS on wheels.....seriously its a heavy tank of a truggy that could'nt compete with the likes of a Jammin Losi Mugen Kyosho if HPI's company future depended on it....Plain and simple its Junk stay as far away as possibly from it.......and YES to all the Hellfart Fanboyz i speak from Personal Experience.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:18 PM
UG0TB4NN3D

Yeah, even better, go with the X2 CRT. :P
Old 02-16-2008, 11:21 PM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

X2 what UG0TB4NN3D said...the Hellfire should be called the Hellfart....its a POS on wheels.....seriously its a heavy tank of a truggy that could'nt compete with the likes of a Jammin Losi Mugen Kyosho if HPI's company future depended on it....Plain and simple its Junk stay as far away as possibly from it.......and YES to all the Hellfart Fanboyz i speak from Personal Experience.

+3.!
Old 02-16-2008, 11:46 PM
stussman

Ive had alot of issues with my hellfire, especially the diffs. I did swap the k4.6 with the os 28. The k4.6 was good to bash but the os is a superstar compared to the k4.6.
If you plan to bash the hellfire is ok but for the price alot of other truggys are way better.I know you didnt ask but the ss isnt too bad for racing with the right setup.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:12 AM
Oasis TR

hum..The Hellfire is lighter than the CRT..The CRT is just about the heaviest truggy on the market and add to the fact that it's one of the few that still uses the Ferris wheel sized spur gear..you might want to wait for the new one coming out..But The CRT is a better Truggy than the Hellfire..The Hellfire SS is better than the RTR Hellfire..You will spend cubic dollars trying to make the Hellfire reliable. You can make the Hellfire's reasonably fast..I won a few Club races with mine, always finished, You just need to know how to tune one..But It's very frustrating when drivers with way less skills can keep up..and your driving your butt off..I finally just gave up..I'm now running a few different Truggys..A Kyosho ST-RR, Mugen MBX5t prospec, Caster K8T..heavily modded..And I just got rid of 2 Jammin CRT Pro's, one of them was a BCE small spur gear conversion. The first few batches of RTR Hellfire's were not to good (quite the understatement) but the SS is not that bad..
Old 02-17-2008, 12:48 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: Oasis TR

hum..The Hellfire is lighter than the CRT..The CRT is just about the heaviest truggy on the market and add to the fact that it's one of the few that still uses the Ferris wheel sized spur gear..you might want to wait for the new one coming out..But The CRT is a better Truggy than the Hellfire..The Hellfire SS is better than the RTR Hellfire..You will spend cubic dollars trying to make the Hellfire reliable. You can make the Hellfire's reasonably fast..I won a few Club races with mine, always finished, You just need to know how to tune one..But It's very frustrating when drivers with way less skills can keep up..and your driving your butt off..I finally just gave up..I'm now running a few different Truggys..A Kyosho ST-RR, Mugen MBX5t prospec, Caster K8T..heavily modded..And I just got rid of 2 Jammin CRT Pro's, one of them was a BCE small spur gear conversion. The first few batches of RTR Hellfire's were not to good (quite the understatement) but the SS is not that bad..

couple truggy's still run big spur's....Cen TR, Hyper ST....and imo the SS isnt much better then the regular rtr...the knuckls and hubs are Junk...buddy dropped like 200+ into aftermarket alluminum for his hellfire to only make it Significantly Heavier then Anything else out there and perform like crap...the bulk's/diffs are Junk dispite being easy access...they still strip like butter if u dont shim them every couple outings which is rediculous.....and i find it hard to beleive the Pro CRT is heavier then the Hellfire....how can u prove that ?
Old 02-17-2008, 01:31 AM
ModifiedMaxx

wow lol. 2 u guys hellfire sucks period.

so how do i make the crt lighter?
Old 02-17-2008, 02:01 AM
UG0TB4NN3D

You shouldn't have to make it lighter. It's a great truggy. Just look it up, a lot of people love it, and if you want, just wait for the X2 CRT. It should be a big improvement over the X1, but nothing a BCE chassis and small gear conversion couldn't fix.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:17 AM
ModifiedMaxx

So would it look like a Hellfire if I just put the Hellfire body on it?

Also, does the stock engine in the CRT RTR have enough low grunt to get up and going quickly?

I was thinking about getting an O.S. 28 for low end grunt but I want to keep speed and the lightness.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:16 AM
stussman

ive mainly bashed my os28, lots grunt, great mid, good top. Starts easily with my TTbox as has solid pinch but not crazy pinch, easy tune, holds tune, tough on clutch bearings. Ive havent had any engine bearing issues.Iam not into cleaning it much either, just some aro (i use transmission fluid) every week. Done bout 2 gal.
And dont get the hellfire, thats wat i have.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:25 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: stussman

And dont get the hellfire, thats wat i have.

RIGHT FROM A HELLFART owner...that should tell u something right there.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:29 AM
IL2mSturmovik

I have a CRT Pro and its barely heavier than an 8T
Old 02-18-2008, 12:44 PM
ModifiedMaxx

Is the O.S. a roto-start or something else, if not a roto start, is there a conversion available?
Old 02-18-2008, 01:24 PM
Mr.Slave

whats wrong with big spur gears? is the motor mounted too far form center then?
Old 02-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Oasis TR

Ok..Here's the deal on the "why the smaller spur gear is better"..The smaller spur gear allows the radio tray and engine to mount closer to the chassis center line, additionally both the front and rear diffs are re-geared (in the case of the BCE CRT small gear conversion a Hot Bodies ring and pinion gear are used..43/10) to compensate for the smaller spur gear. The result is a smoother, more efficient drive-train that requires less torque to spin and better acceleration. This mod when done to a CRT completely changes the truggy, the way it handles, the way it turns in..If you own a CRT you should do the BCE conversion, not only does it move everything to the center and lowers it the conversion takes over a pound of weight off the CRT as well. All the "New" V2 Jammin is..is a BCE style truggy. Big spur = old technology..update or get run over..
Old 02-18-2008, 05:45 PM
stussman

The os 28 is a race mill and requires a bump box
Old 02-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Coopz

The CRT is 200 grams heavier than the 8T, heaviest? You ever lifted a LSP Pro R?
Old 02-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Oasis TR

Yep..Never said the CRT was THE Heaviest..just one of them..lol..and 200 grams is quite a difference..
Old 02-18-2008, 09:38 PM
rm85ccman

x1 crt rtr or wait till the x1x rtr comes out that thing looks SICK[sm=48_48.gif]
Old 02-18-2008, 09:45 PM
INTEGRA

Ok..Here's the deal on the "why the smaller spur gear is better"..The smaller spur gear allows the radio tray and engine to mount closer to the chassis center line, additionally both the front and rear diffs are re-geared (in the case of the BCE CRT small gear conversion a Hot Bodies ring and pinion gear are used..43/10) to compensate for the smaller spur gear. The result is a smoother, more efficient drive-train that requires less torque to spin and better acceleration. This mod when done to a CRT completely changes the truggy, the way it handles, the way it turns in..If you own a CRT you should do the BCE conversion, not only does it move everything to the center and lowers it the conversion takes over a pound of weight off the CRT as well. All the "New" V2 Jammin is..is a BCE style truggy. Big spur = old technology..update or get run over..

a pound off from a chassy upgrade............sure..... what did they make the BCE outta tin sheet metal....the X2 will be more then the "claimed to fame" BCE conversion Guarenteed....IMO bill's a GOOFball. (and i have reasons to think that)
Old 02-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Oasis TR

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

a pound off from a chassy upgrade............sure..... what did they make the BCE outta tin sheet metal....the X2 will be more then the "claimed to fame" BCE conversion Guarenteed....IMO bill's a GOOFball. (and i have reasons to think that)
I have a BCE Jammin and I know just what mine started out weighing and I know what it weighs now..Your feelings towards Bill have no bearing on his product..It's a Chassis..and if you know anything at all about the "said chassis" then you would that just changing the chassis would not reduce the weight by that much..but the chassis is 2 inches narrower than the stock chassis..I have seen the "new Jammin" V2 and it's the same as the BCE X chassis..sounds like you have some Bill issuses..a good portion of the weight loss comes from reducing weight from both diffs, the center diff, the radio tray and the servo throttle mount..