Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

new truggy

Old 02-17-2008, 10:50 PM
jumpanddrop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new truggy

hey, im looking for a truggy to get into racing and bashing. im new at this and i have around $400. what could i get rtr in this price range to get me started off???
Old 02-17-2008, 10:55 PM
twomanytoys

Default RE: new truggy

There are alot of good truggies out there. The absolute truggy for the price is a TTR ST1. They are 299 at A Main hobbies. Dont get fooled by the price. Its not a cheap knock off truggy. Just a great truggy at a great price.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72141.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	881754  
Old 02-17-2008, 11:03 PM
jumpanddrop

ORIGINAL: twomanytoys

There are alot of good truggies out there. The absolute truggy for the price is a TTR ST1. They are 299 at A Main hobbies. Dont get fooled by the price. Its not a cheap knock off truggy. Just a great truggy at a great price.
thats funny. i cont find it on that site. is this a 1/8 or 1/10 scale???? sounds like a good price. could you give me a link???
Old 02-17-2008, 11:05 PM
jumpanddrop

oh and how dose this compare to the redcat monsoon??
Old 02-17-2008, 11:10 PM
UG0TB4NN3D
My Feedback: (1)

It's a 1/8 scale.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:11 PM
twomanytoys

Dont get me wrong the Monsoon is great but for the price the st1 is better. Look up Thunder Tiger st1. If I did not get the st1 for the 299 deal I would have got the Monsoon. Here is a link.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/17279
Old 02-18-2008, 07:43 AM
joelgould111

i got one word for you

NITRAGE
Old 02-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Farfa

Here are 2 more words for you

Robitronic Mantis
Old 02-18-2008, 09:52 AM
qaiz

Guys.!

Stop confusing him lol.!!

jumpanddrop, firstly look at whats your parts support will be like, you do not wanna end up with a truck that you cant get parts for locally..

Second, look at what you like the most... Theres nothing worse than owning something you do not like.

And third.

Hyper ST.!
Old 02-18-2008, 06:53 PM
jumpanddrop

ORIGINAL: qaiz

Guys.!

jumpanddrop, firstly look at whats your parts support will be like, you do not wanna end up with a truck that you cant get parts for locally..

Second, look at what you like the most... Theres nothing worse than owning something you do not like.

And third.

Hyper ST.!
the only hobbie shop anywhere around here carries only HPI and redcat. are these any good?? if not i gess ill just have to order all my parts.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:04 PM
nitro.rc.racer
Banned

ORIGINAL: jumpanddrop

Guys.!

And third.

Hyper ST.!
the only hobbie shop anywhere around here carries only HPI and redcat. are these any good?? if not i gess ill just have to order all my parts.
HPI is great redcat=redcrap
Old 02-18-2008, 07:25 PM
twomanytoys

nitrorc,

I bet you dont know anything about the Monsoon let alone ever seen one. The Monsoon is far from crap. Its a great starter truggy with lost of potential to be a great racer.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:27 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: nitro.rc.racer

Guys.!

And third.

Hyper ST.!
So redcat=redcrap. That's funny when you own a XTM mammoth that might as well be a boat anchor instead of a wannabe truggy or monster truck and I see you also own a inferno 7.5 buggy which the Hurricane is almost a direct copy so I guess that is a kyosho crap right? And also a RD Logics SHO, hmmm I bet people have more Redcat Hurricanes than that thing which is a good buggy but I bet harder to get parts for than a redcat and I chose my hurricane over the SHO and that was after seeing the SHO up close. Only thing better on that is the milled chassis and that is it! Oh and I have either seen or owned all of the above so I am speaking from experience and not out of my *****!
Old 02-18-2008, 07:29 PM
vnmsgt

nitrorc,

I bet you dont know anything about the Monsoon let alone ever seen one. The Monsoon is far from crap. Its a great starter truggy with lost of potential to be a great racer.
You do care!! LOL!
Old 02-18-2008, 07:45 PM
twomanytoys

Of course. I have to stick up for my fellow redcat owners. I still like my st1 though expecially with the new LRP. ITS SICK!!!!!!! Monsoon eater!!!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 07:47 PM
vnmsgt

Of course. I have to stick up for my fellow redcat owners. I still like my st1 though expecially with the new LRP. ITS SICK!!!!!!! Monsoon eater!!!!!
LMAO!!
Old 02-18-2008, 07:50 PM
ericem

LMAO!!
Old 02-18-2008, 07:52 PM
nitro.rc.racer
Banned

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

Guys.!

And third.

Hyper ST.!
So redcat=redcrap. That's funny when you own a XTM mammoth that might as well be a boat anchor instead of a wannabe truggy or monster truck and I see you also own a inferno 7.5 buggy which the Hurricane is almost a direct copy so I guess that is a kyosho crap right? And also a RD Logics SHO, hmmm I bet people have more Redcat Hurricanes than that thing which is a good buggy but I bet harder to get parts for than a redcat and I chose my hurricane over the SHO and that was after seeing the SHO up close. Only thing better on that is the milled chassis and that is it! Oh and I have either seen or owned all of the above so I am speaking from experience and not out of my *****!
im sorry but id take xtm over redcat any day and have you drivin the sho and for the kyosho its not crap but redcat is for trying to copy it and how many other people do you see only running redcat doesnt that say somthing and so what if youv seen all of the above i have too and iv also noticed you didnt have anything bad to say about the associated or my savage but im getting rid of my mammoth to get a hobao hyper st and the only reason iv gotten the sho is because of parts avlability and because experiance everyone else had with one. so shuv it with your cheap redcrap re-makes
Old 02-18-2008, 08:02 PM
vnmsgt

I never said kyosho was crap, just going by you saying redcat is and the hurricane practically is a kyosho 7.5, I own a ST-RR so I know kyosho is good. I dont really have any experience with a savage or associated so I did not say anything about them and would not unless I did. Well you might have a SHO dealer near you so it would be good to get it and get parts easily but it did not impress me that much. As far as you Mammoth, good choice on getting rid of it because it is a tank and only good if you want to bash but not for long becuase mine always fell apart. Good choice on the Hyper ST, I have Pro and it is a awesome truggy, you will love it.

I almost forgot, my redcats are to big for me to shuv it. Sorry
Old 02-18-2008, 08:07 PM
nitro.rc.racer
Banned

sorry about the shuv it comment but im getting rid of the xtm because it breaks every time i run it and that sucks
Old 02-18-2008, 08:14 PM
twomanytoys

Well the redcat dont break every time we run them so that must say something about them.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:18 PM
vnmsgt

sorry about the shuv it comment but im getting rid of the xtm because it breaks every time i run it and that sucks
No problem but, EXAAAAACTLY what you said on the XTM. I hated it! LOL
Old 02-18-2008, 08:24 PM
nitro.rc.racer
Banned

Well the only xtm with major problems is the one i have so that got me away from getting any more xtm cars so now i dont have any good comments to say about xtm products but when iv gotten the sho i didnt know what to think but it can be a great racer probaly only because its a mugen/ofna copycat buggie
Old 02-18-2008, 08:27 PM
BIGAIRBEN

WOW... Does it really matter...Because everyone knows that there is a big differents between racing and bashing ..So there for you will not see to many people racing Redcat.. There is different strokes for different fokes ...But Redcats are far from crap. Thay may not be up to true race potential but you have to start somewhere..I have also watched and seen with my own eyes a friend of mine do very well with a redcat buggy in a offical club race and with a few up grades can compete with all the big boys..It all really comes down to the green $$$$$$ ....???to ask yourself will I race it or bash It?
Old 02-18-2008, 08:35 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: BIGAIRBEN

WOW... Does it really matter...Because everyone knows that there is a big differents between racing and bashing ..So there for you will not see to many people racing Redcat.. There is different strokes for different fokes ...But Redcats are far from crap. Thay may not be up to true race potential but you have to start somewhere..I have also watched and seen with my own eyes a friend of mine do very well with a redcat buggy in a offical club race and with a few up grades can compete with all the big boys..It all really comes down to the green $$$$$$ ....???to ask yourself will I race it or bash It?
oh wise one you have spoken.[sm=sleeping.gif]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.