Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

New Traxxas Newbie?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 09:13 AM
kmkdudemann
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Traxxas Newbie?

Alrite I got a Traxxas Rustler, while researching RC offroading I realized I wanted a Truggy now it doesnt say my Rustler is truggy so is it? I mean it looks alot like the other truggys but was wondering what makes a truggy?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:46 AM
spikeitaudi

Default RE: New Traxxas Newbie?

The Rustler is not a Truggy.

Truggy 4wd, 3 diffs (F/C/R) non enclosed tranny. Truggy is basically an arena truck.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:06 AM
00nothing

your rustler is a 2wd stadium truck
Old 03-11-2008, 11:20 AM
kmkdudemann
Banned

spikeitaudi you said 2 differences, but I only see one you listed.
So whats the difference between stadium & Arena truck?

Edited out sarcastic comment
Old 03-11-2008, 11:33 AM
spikeitaudi

I never said 2 difference anywhere in my post. And I actually posted 3 quick difference.

1. 4wd
2. 3 diffs (F/C/R)
3. Non Enclosed Tranny

To add some difference:

Rustler has a much smaller foot print and doesn't have as much suspention travel as a truggy.
Rustler is closer to a RCGT10 and a Jato then a Truggy.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:44 PM
kmkdudemann
Banned

I wasnt being urgeing to curse,flame, degrade, insult, or embarrassed anyone so I dont know why your trying to start a thread war, & I dont get why your trying to make me feel bad for being a newbie with newbie quistions becoase im sure thats against RCU policies which clearly says nothing about saying thanks for telling me something I already know. Whcih isnt rude at all in my book, but your post is a little on the rude side as you repeated yourself, thanks for your help thats & if you dont want to help me thats fine im sure they are other that will. Like my signature says, maybe you should try it sometime. Peace always

-KMK
Old 03-11-2008, 01:59 PM
spikeitaudi

Relax man. I was helping which is why I was responding in details to your exact questions . Getting flammed out for helping isn't what I was trying to get at. Ask nicely and you shall get. We are all here to help If not, what the point. Just be courteous.

Just to clarify I repeated myself as you asked to to clarify my 2 points. That is the only reason I did so.

Being a newbie if that is what you want to call yourself has nothing to do with it and I wasn't trying to make you feel bad. So by lets wash our hands here and go on. Just trying to help.

Edited for content
Old 03-11-2008, 02:04 PM
kmkdudemann
Banned

My middle name is relax haha, alrite truce sometimes it hard to tell when people are being sarcastic, or joking on the computer. Well maybe you could help me with this, my alignment is messed up, and the directions dont cover it enough, any ideas?

-KMK
Old 03-11-2008, 02:19 PM
spikeitaudi

Alignment on your Rustler? Front or back? When you say alignment you mean the wheel is not cambered correctly up and down. Or you talking about Toe in and out in which the tire direction is not pointing center?
Old 03-11-2008, 02:25 PM
spikeitaudi

Also you might want to try here as this is the Stadium truck forum:

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_243/tt.htm]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_243/tt.htmhttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_243/tt.htmhttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_243/tt.htm[/link]

There is a Rustler thread in there.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:18 PM
kmkdudemann
Banned

Haha yeah wrong term my bad, toe in toe out, it swerves to the right slightly so I had to mess with the steering trim a little to straighten it out.

-KMK
Old 03-11-2008, 03:30 PM
spikeitaudi

Best thing to do is to set your trim at 0. Then make sure you have your steering servo centered then put the servo arm on in the centered position with your fronts centered to the arm and servo. Then by eyeballing to the best of your abilities either set the fronts at 0 or toe out alittle (that will help with turning). On the rears toe in just a tad bit. After you do that then run it and set your steering trim depending on which way its going. You should be able to set the toe in and out with the steering rods as long as it can be adjusted. Sorry I don't have a Rustler only a Revo. Going by the Revo steering rods.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:48 PM
00nothing

hey u asked for help i could have went by the post and ignored your ignorant ass but figured hey it will only take 10 seconds to reply to this guys post before i leave for work so that he can at leasts get on the right track doing research its no woder so many guys ignore newbs posts

but hope your rusty works out for u theres lots of great info on rustys and making them go fast and making them tough but ask someone who u didnt act like an ass towards for trying to help u where those links are
Old 03-11-2008, 07:40 PM
kmkdudemann
Banned

thanks i am ignortant your 100% right does pissing off newbies make your day cuzz your not doing a good job, peace out

PS: I believe theirs somehting before you post telling you not to swear, anger anger