Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

so many options.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 06:32 PM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so many options.

So when I get my taxes back I want to buy a truggy I had a XTM Mammoth ST but what a peice that was compared to whats out there now I could go for either a kit or RTR I have a Radio and receiver but all my other things are in different cars so if I got a kit Id need pretty much everything. so an RTR may be the way may not. Any Ideas when the AE RC8T may come out? I may wait for that if it were to come out soon. Anyway if I get a RTR Ill use the stock stuff untill I need to upgrade it or I have money too (with the exception of the steering servo cause I need a new one anyway) My top choices so far
Top Truggy choices:

Xray XT8(havent heard a whole lot about this one but I love Xray stuff tied for #1 with Cen and Mugen)

Cen Matrix Arena TR (RTR or Kit Ive had my eye on this one probably the longest Tied for #1 with Xray and Mugen)

Mugen Seiki MBX5T(not prospec wife would kill me if I dropped almost $800 then said I needed almost $400 more for it Tied for #1 with Cen and Xray)

Losi Ei8ht-T (RTR Id get RTR just cause its worth it for that setup I loved the mach 427 in my Mammoth ST #2)

Robitronics Mantis (I like this truck but not a whole lot for them around here #3)

Hot Bodies Lightning stadium pro(ARR older but I could use my revo tires and wheels on it and its got Al arms and price isnt tobad on it either #4)

Thunder Tiger ST1 (not so sure about it either heard alot of people on the fence about this one #5)

Jammin X1CRT ( RTR Good dependable truck but just never been my thing I dunno#6)

Ofna Hyper ST (its a choice but again not that impressed by it never driven it though#7)

Ofna Mutilator (price is good on this one#8)

I like almost all RC cars but I think those are pretty much my top 10 choices if you will
Old 03-20-2008, 08:39 PM
revoskid32

Default RE: so many options.

xray kit

losi RTR

those two are the ones i would debate about from up there.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:41 PM
madmax22

TTR ST-1
Mugen
Jammin
Xray

those are the ones I would go for.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:49 PM
HighClassBasher

XRAY or Mugen[8D]
.....none of the others matter
Old 03-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Nathan9492

ORIGINAL: AiRevo

XRAY or Mugen[8D]
.....none of the others matter
yep

pretty much sums it up
Old 03-20-2008, 10:33 PM
ericem

So now the 8ight-t is garbage?
Old 03-20-2008, 10:49 PM
cluelessk

what u suggest the st 1
Old 03-21-2008, 01:33 AM
grimespdx

It depends, what are you planning on doing? Why buy a mugen if you are just going to take it to the construction site?
Old 03-21-2008, 05:58 AM
vnmsgt

If you are going to bash I would go with the Hyper ST. If you are going to race I would go with the x-ray or Mugen. I had a mantis and it was great and will do both (race and bash) great but like you said about parts, I had a hard time finding anything for it.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:08 AM
Nathan9492

The Losi 8ight-T is also another good option.
At the moment the Losi 8ight-T Race Roller is $480 at amain.
But you have to choose your own Engine, Radio, Pipe and Servos.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Itsme7

I'd have to say either the mugen or xray. They are both awsome, i own a mugen, and i love the thing. Went together perfect, real good quality.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:09 AM
chrobar

Depending mostly on how much you want to spend. The mugen standard kit comes with lower quality aluminum, and costs about $450. The X ray kit is good, has great quality parts like hudy spring steel, and 7075 aluminum, but it costs over $500. The CEN is a great truck, kit comes with all 7075 aluminum..along with a lot of upgrades, and costs about $430, or $350 with the CEN trade in. CEN is the only one of these trucks that also comes in an RTR form, and I went that route because of the price. You can get the CEN RTR for only $350 with a car trade in from CEN, and about $429 at amain hobbies. The RTR comes with a good digital radio, 144oz/in servos, and a great reliable engine.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:53 PM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

like I said the cen, mugen, and xray. are the top 3 I bash and race the mugen is $ for the prokit the CEN is a good platform and they are growing to be a bigger company so parts supply is being better then it used to be mugen and xray are still gonna be a little harder to find
Old 03-21-2008, 09:30 PM
bronx boy

just a word of advise besure you go on ultimate hobbies on april 1st they hae a tendency to do super cheap deals on april fools day and almost any major holiday i got my hot bodies stadium pro rtr for 249.00 last year i also bought my thunder tiger st 1for 219.00 on new years day at 12 15 am i love them both i think the st 1 is abit faster top speed but the stadium pro is just plain mean it is a beautifull piece of art its all aluminum and i just cant explain it but when you drive it you will know what i mean i have over 20 cars and trucks all types the stadium pro is by far the king of the hill
Old 03-21-2008, 10:42 PM
ssj2

I say go Mugen. Not like I'm biased or anything. But seriously, go Mugen if you can. Maybe get yourself a Prospec roller off ebay if you're comfortable because you noted in your first post that you wouldn't be willing to buy the Prospec straight up.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:35 PM
grimespdx

Whats with this CEN trade in deal...350 is not a bad deal, and it could never hurt to have a backup truggy this summer. What kind of vehicle would have I to send them.
thanks
Old 03-22-2008, 09:32 AM
INTEGRA

im pretty sure they'll take Anything Remote controle related....I head a guy send them a 20$ Radio shack car and got the deal.....who know's if its true.....but still.....Stadium pro the best... seriously ?