Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

truggy spur gears

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 11:44 PM
*FULL-REVS*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truggy spur gears

hey guys,

just wondering what sort of tooth spur gears people are running on thier truggys.... i only ask because my cen arena runs the biggest spur ive ever seen!!! seems to have all the top end in the world but not alot of "punch" down low... thanks in advance for any input [8D]
Old 05-06-2008, 05:11 AM
UG0TB4NN3D
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: truggy spur gears

I just converted my X1 CRT from a 62T to a 50T. Can't wait to see it running now. :] I used a Kyosho spur.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:49 PM
*FULL-REVS*

can ya let me know how that goes man? im pretty sure the cen arena is a 66 tooth!!! that just seems HUGE to me....
Old 05-06-2008, 02:51 PM
UG0TB4NN3D
My Feedback: (1)

Yeah, the conversion from 62T to 50T was insane. I didn't think those 12 teeth would add on THAT much diameter to the spur.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Oasis TR

The ferris wheel sized spur gear is one way to make a truggy have some bottom end punch, Their can be a lot of things at play here..first one would be the clutch bell, how many teeth is it..if you want more punch go one tooth lower, second one is the clutch..It could be slipping and not engaging until your at higher RPM's. Third is your clutch shoes are just worn out. My guess is the clutch bell is to big..to many teeth.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:53 PM
INTEGRA

Or its a Crappy RTR Cen motor...
Old 05-07-2008, 01:35 AM
*FULL-REVS*

na no crappy cen rtr motor dude i got the FRE kit and put the 5 port "GO" in it... im running brand new alloy clutch shoes and 1.1 springs with a 13 tooth clutch bell.... a friend of mine runs the FRE with a novarossi P5 and still doesnt seem to have the same poke as the kyoshos etc im wondering if not haveing cross pin diffs would make any difference....
Old 05-07-2008, 01:44 AM
trarena

i don't think the SH28 is that crappy an RTR motor just quietly... sure it's not up to the performance levels of my race motors (CEO Power Mods Ninja and a Mario Rossi Tuned GRP) but it's still a good, reliable, easy to tune .28 - kinda perfect for someone who is wanting an RTR package - i'd recommend dumping the pull start for a sportwerks backplate but mine's had 4 gallons thru it now and I still throw it in one of my truggy's every so often for a bit of a bash.

on a hard track with plenty of grip i'd def run with a 13T vented bell and the Cen blue ali shoes with 1.1 gold springs. if things are a bit loose and you are getting too much wheel spin and not enough traction you could maybe run two ali, 1 carbon with the silver springs. Run the x-pin diff set up with 10-20-5 (F-C-R) diff oil as a starting point.

i have converted to the C2XPRO Arena and am using both a 48T and 50T spur gear with a 13T vented bell (although the ring and pinion ratios have changed as well) and it has insane bottom end.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:42 PM
*FULL-REVS*

you right... the cen RTR motor isnt to bad.... thier whole RTR package is pretty damn good!!! i think ive seen your conversion.... do yu know Chris Wilson? if so he forwarded the pics of your truggy to me thats what sort of got me started on the whole spur gear issue.....
Old 05-09-2008, 06:36 PM
*FULL-REVS*

well.... my bad but i had a 13T CB in it.... im bloody sure i changed it.... but i am well impressed with the difference one tooth has made