Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

matrix tr arena after market parts

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

matrix tr arena after market parts

Old 05-19-2008, 03:07 PM
luna007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default matrix tr arena after market parts

i was wondering if anyone would like start a thread that helps other matrix owners find parts that will interchange with the matrix/matrix tr? like wheel hubs,steering knuckles from kyosho. things like that .maybe even list the part numbers to make it easier to find.
maybe even some of the cen drivers could list some of the parts they use instead of cen parts? just something to help out and help make our cars/trucks even more bullet proof. plus i'm not the biggest fan of red
Old 05-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Pedsaktix

Default RE: matrix tr arena after market parts

Thanks for making this thread and I hope alot of Cen drivers here would contribute.

I know the Kyosho MP777 knuckles would fit to either buggy or truggy.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:36 PM
chrobar

Default RE: matrix tr arena after market parts

Alright, here it goes. Most* parts for the buggy are available for the truggy. Shock towers, knuckles, hubs, etc. are interchangeable. The only parts not interchangeable without modding is the radio tray, front support, arms, turnbuckles, outer diff gears, and CVDs. I think that covers about everything, add on if I forgot. Anyway, most kyosho parts are usable, I think, with the car/truck. I haven't tried much, so I'm not sure. I know that the front upper arms from the STR and kyo. buggy work well enough. One of the things you might want to do is either shove a rear hinge pin in the stock hollow upper arm turnbuckles, get Gene's aluminum turnbuckles, mod some things for the X ray arms, or the STR arms. You can research for yourself if you want. I haven't had any problems with the stock upper turnbuckles, but some have changed because they bend. The one other thing that you might want to look into is the upper servo saver bellcrank. In a lot of cases, that part broke, so CEN has a CNC one available. Again, I haven't had any problems with it, but it might happen. There are a lot of mods and tricks for the truck around on this forum, and on others. Info is everywhere, so your first choice to know something should be to search it.
Good luck. We're here to help.