Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Gotta be patient n this hobby!!

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Gotta be patient n this hobby!!

Old 06-03-2008, 02:38 PM
rckt_mtrspts
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gotta be patient n this hobby!!

ORIGINAL: phattracker
He is just way over priced. And he says he'll match tower's prices, well, when i bring a price to him to beat he can't go that low. So to me, the LHS in this town just doesn't support us so why shpuld we support them, other that fuel, plugs, etc.....
If you could come up with some logical way to explain how your lhs could ever match towers' or amain's price and make a profit I would be quite happy to listen and read your future posts. But since you will not be able to I suggest we should stop this back and forth right now because going further is pointless.

Right pricing or not, failure to support your lhs soon leads to no more lhs.

p.s. ~ wait till you try and order fuel online lol
Old 06-03-2008, 05:11 PM
shankdog626

Relax yall, it ain't worth gettin upset about. Just tossing ideas out there.
kinda wanted to hear about how everyone has the patience to wait
for their parts or lack thereof!

Anyone driven (on a work day) to a local or not so local hobby parts store
just to get some parts they're gonna need to race in the coming weekend ?

Yes, I Jones like that sometimes !

case and point.....I ordered parts off A Main Saturday (2 day air) got one
of my packages today and the other one won't be in until tomorrow.
Unfortunately, the package that arrived today has just basic extra parts
I need and the package full of all my HOP UP PARTS is the one coming
tomorrow.....ARGH !

Old 06-03-2008, 06:02 PM
mtbkym01

This argument is never ending, I try to support my LHS as much as possible, but I do also order on-line (Including my fuel - free shipping in bulk).
Old 06-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Oasis TR

ORIGINAL: slayerphonics

I buy my fuel from a local brewer,

A guy who is in touch with the racing scene and the local tracks and sells his fuel for 15 a gallon, but the LHS sells it for 26 bucks.

Thats pretty good..That price is lower than cost for hobby shops..really
Old 06-03-2008, 08:06 PM
darksoul242001

I'm definitely for supporting the LHS. I cannot complaint about mine. And hes located in a small hole in the wall spot! but I tell you this guy has parts for everything he sells. Sure there are always lots of parts for Traxxas cars and HPI cars but I can go to his place and find parts for all my ofna vehicles as well as other hard to find parts for kyosho, Mugen and the list goes on. Even the most popular shops in my area like Pegasus hobbies and Airland hobbies do not carry the parts he does. I've bought my pro kits from him because I can usually get them for at least 50 bux less then at any other place. The only thing I do not buy from there are engines because he is kind of expensive compared to anywhere else. Hes got a lot of clients yes mostly bashers but he also gets a lot of racers in there as well. If he does not have what you are looking for then he can tell you he can order it. Of course most of you have heard this line before but when he tells me he can get something not available in the store on a certain day he's got it. If you're ever near Hacienda Heights CA check out Tony's hobbies. He's been there for years. He must be doing something right.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:29 AM
mxr

ORIGINAL: darksoul242001

I'm definitely for supporting the LHS. I cannot complaint about mine. And hes located in a small hole in the wall spot! but I tell you this guy has parts for everything he sells. Sure there are always lots of parts for Traxxas cars and HPI cars but I can go to his place and find parts for all my ofna vehicles as well as other hard to find parts for kyosho, Mugen and the list goes on. Even the most popular shops in my area like Pegasus hobbies and Airland hobbies do not carry the parts he does. I've bought my pro kits from him because I can usually get them for at least 50 bux less then at any other place. The only thing I do not buy from there are engines because he is kind of expensive compared to anywhere else. Hes got a lot of clients yes mostly bashers but he also gets a lot of racers in there as well. If he does not have what you are looking for then he can tell you he can order it. Of course most of you have heard this line before but when he tells me he can get something not available in the store on a certain day he's got it. If you're ever near Hacienda Heights CA check out Tony's hobbies. He's been there for years. He must be doing something right.
That is a good exemple of a LHS that doesn't want to run out of business , i thing that the most right thing the guy does is to open his ears and listen to the desires of his customers instead of only wanting to stock one convienent brand for him .It sound's like the guy kows about RC Hobby and is interrested in it .
The owner of our local shop does not even know how to drive ,start ,build or repair a car ,he only cares about his profit (as he is the most expensive i have ever seen so it is certain that he makes profit)but on the other hand people buy a car there and most of the time give up as soon as a pbs comes .
We have asked him for some support for the local track and his answer was immediately "NO" but now he is pissed off against us as there is many banner's of other shops in the country that are supporting us all around the track , he is not even smart enough to understand that the only track in this area can only be a good partner to his business ...
Old 06-04-2008, 12:59 AM
phattracker
My Feedback: (1)

much love man. i mean no harm or anything. just having the same ole discussion ive had 100 times at my track with many others.