Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Nitro 4 Tec Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 06:07 PM
allthatufear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro 4 Tec Conversion

I have a Nitro 4 Tec that was given to me. It was once mine and I gave it to my father when I moved away. 2 years has gone by and he passed away a few weeks ago. He had always wanted to upgrade the car into something like the Traxxas Rustler, I believe those are called Truggys. My question is, would this be possible? And if so what all would I have to do besides the obvious tires and body? Sorry I don't know much....I am new to all of this. Thanks for any help.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:09 PM
UG0TB4NN3D
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Nitro 4 Tec Conversion

I'm not sure if the Rustler is a truggy, but to make the 4Tec something like a truggy, you'd have to have elongated arms, possibly, and a better shock system, as that 4Tec is an on-road, and probably has very little suspension travel.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Jim8ightT

honestly the way the car is built is not a good car to tun into a off road truck.. it is belt drive and you can't get parts arms and so on to make it into a truck.. if you want to keep it due to your father then do so other than that it would be better and buy a truck instead...

sorry to hear about your lose good luck much regards James
Old 06-02-2008, 07:42 PM
allthatufear

I wanna do something different to it, he had always planned to mod it some way. Is the 4-tec mod-able much? Like I know i'd like to get a new body, how do you know what bodys work with what cars? Might sound dumb but I have no clue. Thanks for all the help.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Jim8ightT

you can get a new engine or pipe to make it faster... or you can turn it into a drifter..... you can put almost any body for a 1/10 scale on road car...... you could get a light kit too there are alot of things you can do to is.... I hear that the os .18tz screams in it too.... This is what the forums are for.... for asking questions... hope I could help James
Old 06-02-2008, 09:38 PM
ProRCRacer88

ORIGINAL: allthatufear

I have a Nitro 4 Tec that was given to me. It was once mine and I gave it to my father when I moved away. 2 years has gone by and he passed away a few weeks ago. He had always wanted to upgrade the car into something like the Traxxas Rustler, I believe those are called Truggys. My question is, would this be possible? And if so what all would I have to do besides the obvious tires and body? Sorry I don't know much....I am new to all of this. Thanks for any help.
It cant and wont happen, cant convert onroad cars into offroader unless its one of those 1/8th rally cars liek the Kyosho inferno GT. be much cheaper and better to buy a truggy. The rustler is a 1/10th stadium truck and truggies are 1/8th 4wd trucks that are modded to get around tracks fast. They arent comparable to monster trucks though because they would run laps around those.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:06 AM
allthatufear

Before I can even do anything to it I need to figure out what is wrong with it. The thing won't start. I see the fuel moving through the lines but it won't turn over. I guess I will bring it to the hobby shop for help cause I am clueless as to what the problem is. It hasn't been ran in a while and the glow plug has been replaced.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Oasis TR

My guess is the motor still had fuel in it and is now gummed up from sitting for so long. It does depend on your skill level as a mechanic, If your not sure on just what to do I would research more on nitro motors before I took anything to a Hobby Shop, not saying all shops dont know what their doing but a few really dont. Knowledge is your best defence for not getting ripped off.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:58 AM
allthatufear

Well there is still fuel in the tank, I have no other fuel so thats all I have. But thats the same fuel thats been in the car for a couple years. So maybe what you said is what happened. I have never really taken anything apart, my dad did most of the work. But I guess I could learn...I will look up nitro motors, thinks for the suggestions.