Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Building Pratice Track Could Use Ideas

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Building Pratice Track Could Use Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 10:55 PM
viper463

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building Pratice Track Could Use Ideas

Hey all, I'm getting ready to build a track to pratice on I have a area of around 140'x70' I'm looking for some design help so if anyone has a design they would like to post a pic of that would be great or if you have any ideas at all thats fine too... The track is going to have a few revo's and my buggies and truggies running on it.. Thanks everyone
Old 06-03-2008, 11:18 PM
josh h

Default RE: Building Pratice Track Could Use Ideas

Use barrels for the hills. but the dirt over them and it will form a perfect hill and last longer. My friend built our mx practice track with barrels under the dirt. It's holding up great with us racing our ATVs around on it. I'm sure it will hold even better with r/c cars.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:30 PM
viper463

ORIGINAL: josh h

Use barrels for the hills. but the dirt over them and it will form a perfect hill and last longer. My friend built our mx practice track with barrels under the dirt. It's holding up great with us racing our ATVs around on it. I'm sure it will hold even better with r/c cars.
I don't have any barrels but I have a ton of lumber from the trees that were cut down in that area that I was going to use for things like that... Barrels do sound like a good idea though..
Old 06-04-2008, 02:06 AM
phattracker
My Feedback: (1)

I used garden hose to lay out the track design. I used like 1000' feet of it lol. but it was cheap and somewhat effective. I also used 12 gauge electric fence wire cut into 12 inch lengths and kinda stapled the hose every 5-10 feet or so. Doesn't provide any level of protection from head on crashes though. You could get real resourcful and end up with a really nice practice track.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:07 PM
josh h

I was at a mx track about a month ago and it is just about my favorite track. My favorite section of it was a big step up and then 2 big tabletops back to back. I wish I had my truck with me that day. My luck somone would have run over it though
Old 06-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Nordy

We just finished our own track at home and it's around 750ft long, took a while but we bought tubing from Lowes (not cheap) and tried to mimmick the pro tracks with some great little jumps and tight turns. Ours is shaped in a Tooth / M shape which is alot of fun, we just finished laying clay although the Oak's we have on the track are a little root resistent to clay. Still great fun and brilliant place to home in your skills. Good luck!
Old 06-07-2008, 07:42 PM
muti369

really high banked corners are allways fun to carve and throw amounts of roost over the top a good base filler for those is grass and weeds and sticks then put a layer of nice dirt or clay over it and brace the top til it gets hard so you dont blow it outwhen i lived in idaho my corners went 4 to 5 feet above ground on the out side and i also dug 2 to 3 feet below groung on the inside of the corner and used red clay for the whole track it was a really fast track until i moved it was about 300x180 so it was fast and fun
Old 06-08-2008, 11:49 AM
lazyboy12300

I think banked curves are very good fun, as long as there is some sort of netting to catch flying cars. Plus my local track has a quad which is great fun to do. Also jumps that land lower (so in a dug up trenchy area) are great. Gives some kind of variation in height.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:11 PM
muti369

large elevation changes with little kickers to get up are fun to