Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Caster truggy

Old 06-08-2008, 07:43 AM
DS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caster truggy

Hey guys im still deciding whether to go truggy or buggy. But, i found some truggy's that i like, first off the caster racing k8t rtr truggy. I heard alot of good things on these like quality and handling. I heard people went from the 8eight to these. Anyway i dont know anything about this truggy and was wondering if you guys can help. SO can you tell me about, does it come rtr with everyhthing like glow starter, engine, batteries and stuff? Its not like a redcat, its not cheap like that is it? Another truggy i was looking at is the xtm xst thats coming out. I know its not out yet but i like it from what already they say about it. Does anyone know when that will be out, and how much it is, and if its worht it? Also since i didnt decide on truggy or buggy, whats the difference between the two?
Old 06-08-2008, 09:00 AM
DS

Default RE: Caster truggy

no one wants to help
Old 06-08-2008, 12:21 PM
cold_reboot
My Feedback: (20)

I know that vnmsgt posted pics and impressions on the RTR K8T when he received his first one. It's in the 'Official' thread he started, but i don't remember what page. Remember that RTR doesn't translate to 'Ready-to-race'. I bought the K8T Pro Kit and love it. Thing turns on a dime and handles extremely well, something the Caster's are known for. I think the RTR kit comes with a Force .25, which isn't going to do well in a field full of Go Tech's, RB's, Ninja's etc. Put the right engine in it and it'll compete with anything else on the track. If you do decide to get the Caster there are two things I'd change before hitting the track, the Servo saver spring (stock is a little weak) and the Lower Hinge Pins (stock uses e-clips). The stock wheels are fine, however, the stock tires are a little thin (rubber wise) and a little tall. People have used them in races and I've heard they did fine, but like most people you'll probably replace them. I used the stock tires for break in, but discovered that the torque of the engine getting the tires ballooned to a knife edge(thin rubber) got the tire foam all out of shape, so I put prolines on it with molded foam. The forum at CasterRacingUSA.com would be a good place to visit. The Factory drivers are always around answering questions, and since I don't have the Buggy I can't answer any questions about it.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:28 PM
DS

so basiacally if im not looking to upgrade the engine it can compete?
Old 06-08-2008, 04:59 PM
cold_reboot

Dunno about that, against any of the race type mills I don't think your going to find any ready to run trucks potent enough to be competative. Most RTR trucks are gonna have a sport type engine.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:13 PM
DS

ok well whats the best rtr for under 450
Old 06-08-2008, 06:46 PM
vnmsgt

The RTR K8T is WAY ABOVE the redcat. Not even close. Nothing against the redcat monsoon, I had one but the K8T is in another league all itself. The RTR comes with everything you need except for a glow plug and batteries. Depending of where you get them from I am not sure if any put glow plugs in but I do with all my RTR's. RTR means ready to run and that means it should come with a glow plug. Unlike other RTR's and kits where the differences between the two are alot, with the caster truggy the differences between the RTR and kit are very minimal. RTR does not come with a front sway bar which alot of RTR's do not, and also the chassis braces are plastic on the rtr and aluminum on the kit, I like the plastic ones better because they are adjustable and can be loosened or tightened to stiffen or loosen the chassis. Both have CNC machined aluminum everywhere but the kit has 7075 and the rtr has 6061, both are very good aluminum. That is about all the differences. Almost the same truck just different color. Oh about the motor not being competitive.... well that just depends on the driver. I have driven my old hyper with a worn out SH.28 with compression so bad I could almost spin it in my hand and not alot of power against some guys with Radical .21's, OS V-specs. .21's etc and have beat some. Not saying those motors are bad but a good driver means alot. If you can drive good you can go out and race and be competitive with the stock motor easily. A 400 dollar motor is going to do you NOTHING if you cannot drive.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:29 PM
cold_reboot

The Caster is definately nice, I got mine from vnmsgt and just about choked when I opened the box (machining and anodizing on the Pro kit aluminum is beautifully done). I absolutely love mine and wouldn't take for it at this point. The only other truggy I have is being sold to my brother in law because I like the Caster so much. Go visit the Caster forum and talk to some of the people that have bought the RTR K8T and while your there, ask some buggy questions, team drivers are almost always around to talk to as well.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:23 AM
DS

thanks guys it seems like it is good, and can race. Also one more question what about the raze truggy or the new xst from xtm
Old 06-09-2008, 09:13 AM
vnmsgt

Forget the raze truggy if you want to compare to the Caster K8T. The raze is more in the class of the monsoon and I think the monsoon would still walk over the Raze. Raze is more built for a basher than a racer. The new xst I have not seen so cannot say but I have never liked the design of the XTM's, wierd looking to me but that is just my opinion. Some like them, just like the thunder tiger which I have the same feelings about but if it works for them, good for them!
Old 06-09-2008, 01:58 PM
DS

so if im going truggy go with either i caster or the xst if it gets a good review
Old 06-09-2008, 07:22 PM
DS

http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=AXIR39071!1142 what about this
Old 06-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Oasis TR

I hear they smell funny..oh wait thats the drivers..
Old 06-10-2008, 06:04 AM
DS

here is three truggys i like raze st, xst, and the caster k8t, which one
Old 06-10-2008, 12:18 PM
cold_reboot

Caster, hands down.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:20 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: derek_18mt

http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=AXIR39071!1142 what about this
I had a mantis and it was a good truggy. Only problems were that parts are hard to find. Tower hobbies is the easiest place to find parts BUT alot of stuff was always out of stock and had to wait forever to get parts.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:35 PM
DS

cool, well i decided im going to get the raze st or the xst, but probably the raze st