Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

need help losi 8t owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 02:39 PM
will13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help losi 8t owners

hi could you pleases help me i have just got a 8t rr and i have put metal gered servos in it and when i was running it in it seemed fine but now i am running it up and down the servos are getting relly hot and jittering and not responding but i dont know wherther or not its the servos draning the battery or the servos getting relly hot thats coause the jittering so thanks in advance
Old 06-19-2008, 04:17 PM
K_B

Default RE: need help losi 8t owners

Whats the model number on the servos? Did you properly set your EPAs? What kind of radio is it? AM? FM?
Old 06-19-2008, 05:10 PM
hkenvy91

prolly bad epa's wearing out the servo's
Old 06-19-2008, 05:48 PM
will13

its a spektrum dx3r and i have the epa set at brake 80% and the trotel at 90-95% and the servo are scanner rc ones one of the mags i read have been using them with good results so i thouth id give them ago.there rated at 6.0v 9.7kg
Old 06-19-2008, 05:59 PM
K_B

Yup. Sounds like the EPAs are too high. It's spektrum, so it's most likely not interference. On my brakes, I don't think my EPA is set higher than 50 to fully lock 'em up.

I would swap in another servo, if you have one, and see if it behaves the same way. If it's not twitchy, then you probably fried the servo.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:40 AM
mogi

hi will yup your epa will be set to high on throttle and brake.to set the throttle take off your air filter and set your epa so you can still see a couple of mill of throttle slide when at full throttle,for the brake mine is at 60%.for the steering make sure your servo is still not trying to pull at the steering when it is already at full lock.on another note did you put the little o rings under the rear radio tray screw?it is important.might be there on sunday about 1 oclock if it aint raining.see you later.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:51 AM
will13

hi yea put the littiel o-ring under the radio tray and il try it later with lower epa's
Old 06-20-2008, 02:53 AM
will13

ow forgot to ask whats your real name mogi
Old 06-20-2008, 09:07 AM
INTEGRA

the little o-rings under the tray are Rubbish...i would'nt worry about using them....that was definatly not the problem...but sounds like what most of the guys said already....try a different servo and let us know.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:20 AM
will13

well it was going alright for about 3 tanks but then the servo started to stop responding at low trotal and then car shot of in to a hedge and the sevo are fried now and yes i did set the epa up proply so it must be these servos
Old 06-20-2008, 12:03 PM
K_B

ORIGINAL: will13

well it was going alright for about 3 tanks but then the servo started to stop responding at low trotal and then car shot of in to a hedge and the sevo are fried now and yes i did set the epa up proply so it must be these servos
What you're describing there sounds like a dead receiver pack. I would still check your EPAs. 80% on the brakes seems like alot. I would back off the EPA to about 40 and roll the truck back and forth and keep increasing the EPAs until you get the tires to lock up, then back it off a few points...
Old 06-20-2008, 12:33 PM
will13

nop it int my recevier pack k_b because my stering servo working fine and i have sent up my epa's correcly i am just a bit pi@@ of about it because ther where aorginly going in my st-r
Old 06-20-2008, 01:47 PM
mogi

try a new sevo will,these losi's are quite sensitive to servo set up so take your time.i think you will have fried your servo using 90/95 %on the throttle when you installed it.like i say mi ne is 56%on throttle and 60%on brake.but that is differant for every truggy/motor combo.if i see you on sunday i will take a look but them dx3r transmitters look complecated to me...lol...see if you can get a pair of ace1015 servos...you will notice the differance.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:03 AM
FatBoyObese

I agree with Mogi here.
Definately spend some time getting your epa's set up...it's not a quick job but when done right it saves you alot of money in fried servo's.
Also, and I don't mean to speak out of turn here, DEFOE use the 'o' rings on the radio tray...they are there for a reason. The 8ight T is a racing thoroughbred and Losi would not put them in there if they weren't important. They are in there to allow the tray to flex a little and to reduce some of the shock going to your batteries after heavy landings when the chassis bottoms out.

ACE 1015 servo's rock...pony up and get them, you won't regret it.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:21 AM
will13

yeah iv got a 1015 on my rc8 ow well looks like il just be yousing my rc8 on sunday prodley wont be runing right since i have just changed fuel from 20% byron gen2 to morley models 25%.would a standerd futaba or hitec servo be enough becouase i have a s3003 on my rc8 trotal and it workes fine and i have had nerly 2 gallon truw it
Old 06-21-2008, 04:47 AM
mogi

i wouldn't use that s3003 on the throttle,what hitec have you got?
Old 06-21-2008, 05:45 AM
will13

no i havent got any hitec but have a few acomes spare
Old 06-21-2008, 09:02 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: FatBoyObese

Also, and I don't mean to speak out of turn here, DEFOE use the 'o' rings on the radio tray...they are there for a reason. The 8ight T is a racing thoroughbred and Losi would not put them in there if they weren't important. They are in there to allow the tray to flex a little and to reduce some of the shock going to your batteries after heavy landings when the chassis bottoms out.

TRUST ME.....there not needed.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Oasis TR

not to worry..Losi is already testing a new Truggy..seen it..not the same design as the 8T....But whats funny is how the "faithful" will not admit to some type of problem with the design on the radio tray..look through the threads..you will not see another (well ok..the Hellfire's steering servo) "I'm having problems with my servos" on any other brand..I have a Mugen, Kyosho, Caster..nothing..I looked, Losi is the only brand that has threads like this one about servos..and the standard reply is you did not set your end points correctly..ok..why does the same guy never have problems with (enter brand) and now that they have a Losi..throttle servo problems..and the o rings under the radio tray is LOSI'S fix to the problems..it was not some Internet conspiracy to slander Losi..
Old 06-21-2008, 03:11 PM
mogi

i have replaced the o rings with some body post protectors that are made out of foam with an adhesive side to make radio tray removal/fitting easier.never had a problem with servos so i would always do what losi say and fit some kind of cushion.dont know if it matters but for the sake of it i do it..
Old 06-21-2008, 06:26 PM
FatBoyObese

I must admit that my own experience has proved that the o rings work..I left them out and went through 3 servos, and yes I did have the epa's set up correctly and no I'm not a no idea newb, I put them back in and not had a problem since. But like I say, ie not wanting to get involved in any flaming, ranting or venting, I am speaking from my own experience. Other people have different experiences, thats life. Also bearing in mind that I only go bashing with my 8T so it gets alot more abuse than a racer would.[sm=what_smile.gif]
Old 06-21-2008, 11:00 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

I've been running my 8 and 8t with and a little without (oring). . . I have a few jr9100s which hold up good although I usually if the oring is misplaced will at least bound up a rubber band into a circle and throw it under there . . .
Old 06-21-2008, 11:08 PM
INTEGRA

No comment.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:27 AM
FatBoyObese

Integra...It would seem to me after reading other threads that your opinion is final and the only opinion that should be listened to.
You do not seem to have any flexibility or the ability to read other peoples posts and accept them for what they are, If they don't agree with you then they are wrong and you are right..end of.
We all have different experiences in RC's and hence different opinions apply.
You say "trust me you don't need them" with regards to the 'o' ring issue and in your own experience this may well be true, however in my experience you do need them.
There is obviously no right or wrong in this matter as we all have different opinions based on our own experiences.
After 25+ years in RC's I have learnt to listen to other peoples advice and act on it at my discretion.
Please accept other peoples posts as records of their experience.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:45 AM
INTEGRA

Blah Blah blah is all i hear from that rant.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.