Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Looking Pro truggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 06:32 AM
Edgaras

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking Pro truggy

Hi guys,

I'm not beginner, but truggy will be my first truggy.My choose between Losi 8ight T, Xray XT8, Mugen MBX5 T Prospect(or waiting a new Mugen truggy which come soon), maybe Jammin crt x2.I thinking about Losi, but I heard, that this truggy have many problems, what do you think about problem with this truggy? The truggy parts I'll buy online shops.
Which do truggy choose?

I read many post about truggy, but I don't can choose.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:02 AM
mordraid

Default RE: Looking Pro truggy

I there, i was in the same spot 2 weeks ago. I was torn between the XRAY and the LOSI. I finally decided to choose the losi since the XRAY will soon be replace by a 808T or something like that.

The problems on the losi is really minor stuff that someone who isn'nt new in RC like you will find a piece of cake to solve. The newer kits even include the adendum in the box. Those problems were related to the radio tray and trottle linkage. Thos can be fixed while putting the race roller togheter and the parts are now included in the box, so you won't need to buy extra parts to make it work correctly.

nother point that made me choose the losi is that the xray still got 13mm shocks with plastic shocks caps. Handling is mostly for euro track and finding a setup for big MX style track maybe more difficult than on the losi.

LOSI has a proven winning desing that others are still trying to follow. I have about 1 gallon of fuel trough the truggy and nothing broke. Only a set-screw came loose. It runs with an OS 28XZ and the drivetain is holding up the power very well.

By the way, losi parts are way more abundant that xray parts. (in my area)
Old 07-20-2008, 07:33 AM
Edgaras

Do you can give me links parts, which need for a 8ight truggy?

I ask you about Losi problems because I have 8ight buggy.I started 3 races, but my buggy break.Problem is rear diff bearings.

Do you know when comming new Xray truggy?
Old 07-20-2008, 07:37 AM
RC Huligan

ORIGINAL: mordraid

I there, i was in the same spot 2 weeks ago. I was torn between the XRAY and the LOSI. I finally decided to choose the losi since the XRAY will soon be replace by a 808T or something like that.
I think there is a [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7743175/tm.htm]similar thread[/link] so you may want to check it out. XRAY has already said that the [link=http://www.myrcblog.com/2008/03/no-changes-for-xray-xt8-in-2008.html]XT8 will not change in 2008[/link] so this shouldn't be a concern since you'll have plenty of time before an improved version comes out. Since you're buying parts online, this won't eliminate either truggy from consideration. I would recommend the XRAY XT8, but that's just my opinion. I like XRAY's parts fit and quality. You should check out [link=http://www.rcxray.com/xt8/#reviews]Xtreme RC Cars and RC Driver reviews of the XRAY XT8[/link].
Old 07-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Edgaras

Ok, my choise will be Xray XT8 between Losi 8ight T.But I don't know which choose

Why do you recommended Xray truggy?Easy drive?For this truggy not need big care?
Old 07-20-2008, 11:33 AM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

You cannot go wrong with either one ...
Old 07-20-2008, 12:14 PM
keikke

i say go for the mugen mbx5t
Old 07-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Edgaras

Why? It's very old truggy...
Old 07-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Snaut Rocket

Its a very well built truggy and proven racer.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:58 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: Edgaras

Why? It's very old truggy...
A very old truggy is the JAMMIN X1CRT! Mugen is a great truggy and I think more durable than a Losi. Design is alot more simple and pivot ball suspension is one of the toughest for hard hits unlike the C-hub or Losi design.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:59 PM
RC Huligan

Ok, my choise will be Xray XT8 between Losi 8ight T.But I don't know which choose

Why do you recommended Xray truggy?Easy drive?For this truggy not need big care?
I recommend the XRAY XT8 because XRAY is known for making quality car kits. Their instruction manuals are top notch and you can see for yourself ([link=http://www.rcxray.com/xt8/#related-documents]XRAY XT8 instruction manual[/link]). It's well designed which is part of the reason why XRAY decided not to make any changes to it in 2008. It handles and jumps well and is very tunable.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:18 AM
Oasis TR

I'll take an ST-RR over all of them..
Old 07-21-2008, 07:38 AM
Edgaras

How many peoples that much opinions
Old 07-21-2008, 08:06 AM
Logi3

I've just finished building my Mugen MBX5T and it certainly makes the likes of the ST-1 and Hyper ST look old and dated, its a great looking Truggy and whilst building it, you notice the quallity of the product.

I was in the same situation 2 weeks ago, torn between the Xray and Mugen and i went for the Mugen in the end and im glad i did. Its so agile and the handling is super on it, it turns on an instant.

It feels very well balanced and i cant wait to race it properly on Sunday
Old 07-21-2008, 12:45 PM
hakmazter

If you do online shops, check out holeshot hobbies or rccountry and pick up a Caster. I promise you it will be a decision you won't regret, especially if you club race. I wish you had another truggy prior to compare to though...
Old 07-21-2008, 01:01 PM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: RC Huligan

I recommend the XRAY XT8 because XRAY is known for making quality car kits. Their instruction manuals are top notch and you can see for yourself ([link=http://www.rcxray.com/xt8/#related-documents]XRAY XT8 instruction manual[/link]). It's well designed which is part of the reason why XRAY decided not to make any changes to it in 2008. It handles and jumps well and is very tunable.
I love the damn manual of the Xray.! I recentely built one for a friend, and I can vouge for the quality of the Kit. It comes together so damn easy, I really enjoyed the build.

And the quality of the parts were top notch. Got a very " High End " feel to all the metals in the kit. Plastics are extremely nice, rigid, while yet staying a bit flexible. That manual is better quality wise than some of the top shelf magazines! [X(]. So easy to follow the instructions, even a beginner can put it together.!

And NO, I do not own an Xray

Yet...
Old 07-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Edgaras

Thanks for answers.

In my opinion I'll wait new Mugen Truggy( I heard that this buggy/truggy come soon maybe August)
If I be disappointed, I will take Xray or Losi.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:34 PM
mordraid

everyone talks about the Xray manual. It may be cool but you don't drive the instructions manual and it's not what win races.

Search a little and you'll se that LOSI is winng everywhere it shows, and right from the release of the truck.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:02 PM
RC Huligan

everyone talks about the Xray manual. It may be cool but you don't drive the instructions manual and it's not what win races.

Search a little and you'll se that LOSI is winng everywhere it shows, and right from the release of the truck.
I think you're missing the point. When you spend this much money on a buggy (and we're not taking pennies here), the last thing you want to see is something that is cheap. This includes packaging, instruction manuals, parts, etc. Personally, I don't want instructions that look like they were written by someone where English was a secondary language. Sometimes words don't cut it (just look at LEGO instructions). Sometimes I need a picture or 3D rendering of the part and how it's applied. Keep in mind that some hobbyists enjoy building their buggy as much as they do driving it.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:06 PM
qaiz

* Cough Cough * X2 Then. You'd be suprised by that truck....

@ Edgaras

I highly doubt the new Mugen ( MBX 6T .!? ) is going to be out by August, the buggy is still in the CAD Phase ( As far as I know.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Edgaras

I lost guys.I read several forums.One peoples said to choose this truggy, next people said conversely..
I don't come one opinion.

I have not big practise with losi and xray buggy.What can I say, xray good buggy, very strong, high quality.Losi is very fast buggy, but with him I have many problems.I hope this buggy recondition.

Now I'm asking you which truggy to choose.But everyone man is different so different opinions.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:16 PM
mordraid

At this point, it comes to personal preferences and choices. Boths are good and they both have pros and cons. If many drivers in your area or local track drive a particular truggy, maybe it's a wise idea to get the same. Even if you buy your parts online, there will always be a time that you won't get the parts you need in your box. Having someone at the track that can help you to still get running that day is priceless !
Old 07-22-2008, 03:24 PM
RC Huligan

At this point, it comes to personal preferences and choices. Boths are good and they both have pros and cons. If many drivers in your area or local track drive a particular truggy, maybe it's a wise idea to get the same. Even if you buy your parts online, there will always be a time that you won't get the parts you need in your box. Having someone at the track that can help you to still get running that day is priceless !
Yeah, what he said.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:44 AM
Edgaras

Yeah good said.

This is a pics from Lithuania local race :
http://public.fotki.com/Edgaras90/modeliai/page6.html
Old 07-23-2008, 07:59 AM
mordraid

Those are nice pics.. and i saw some losi's there too !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.