Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

8T Throttle Servo

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 02:47 PM
SycoCell
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 8T Throttle Servo

Amen to that.

But stupid questions not worth a thread. Do any of you guys mark each wheel so you put them back the same place each time? As in, FF (front right), FL (front left) etc. It's prolly a stupid question, but just kinda curious.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Jamie22

ORIGINAL: SycoCell

Amen to that.

But stupid questions not worth a thread. Do any of you guys mark each wheel so you put them back the same place each time? As in, FF (front right), FL (front left) etc. It's prolly a stupid question, but just kinda curious.
Yea sure do
Old 07-23-2008, 03:54 PM
INTEGRA

Amen to that.

Common practice....some guys even mark the amount of weight added also when balancing....thats my next job to do.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:11 PM
SycoCell

Okay. I don't bother with weights. I'm not THAT serious at all. So marking them was a good idea. Thanks.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:21 PM
INTEGRA

Okay. I don't bother with weights. I'm not THAT serious at all. So marking them was a good idea. Thanks.

weight plays a HUGE role in truggy and buggy tires plus u can feel the difference...and so can the bearings in the truck
Old 07-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Oasis TR

whats the point..you guys are still sloooow..Ahahahahaha
Old 07-23-2008, 07:38 PM
SycoCell

I will never put weights in my wheels. A. I don't have a scale for those things. B. I wouldn't know where to start. C. I just don't care enough
Old 07-23-2008, 07:39 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: Oasis TR

whats the point..you guys are still sloooow..Ahahahahaha

huh ?
Old 07-23-2008, 07:54 PM
SycoCell

Yeah i did't follow that either.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:33 AM
kraffty
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amen slayer...my experience is that problems are usually because of stupid people.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:20 AM
Oasis TR

I can see balancing my truggy tires to a point..but at some of the tracks that i race at they do like to water before the mains and the tracks are clay..that stuff tends to stick to everything..I do use a product that helps keep the clay from sticking to my tires..but it still gets into the inside of the rim and makes balancing the tires sorta of a mute point..on the marking of the tires on where they go..I do rotate the tires for better wear..On the "whats the point..you guys are still sloooow..Ahahahahaha" it was a joke..trying to toss some humor in here..
Old 08-31-2008, 10:51 AM
INTEGRA

think what u please Oasis...any one who's got 1/2 a brain know's balancing is beneficial.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:35 PM
Oasis TR

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

think what u please Oasis...any one who's got 1/2 a brain know's balancing is beneficial.
I have more than "half a brain" but I'm wondering about you on this "half a brain" issue..I never said that i dont..so you are reading into something that was not said! I have disagreed with you in the past and have never resorted to personal attacks on you..but I can start..On the balancing..I do use double sided tape to hold my inserts in place (if you dont do this your inserts DO MOVE around..so then whats the point) You can lessen the amount of weights if you first balance the rim and insert together then put the tire on and get it close before you glue the tire..then after this is all done you can start the balancing with the weights..but to be honest in terms of lap times not a difference between a quick balance job and getting annal about it..Since you like to read into whats not their..By "quick balance" i do check to make sure it's not like a pro-line pre mount..it might not be perfect but it's not wobbling..