Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Which Steering servo

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 06:29 PM
INTEGRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which Steering servo

if u took the time to read what i said.....u would realise i bought 1 old 645's and a 5645 off ebay a LONG time ago.....had blown up the 645's....send it in.....got it repaired no questions asked.....the 5645 blew in my CRT....sent it in....send back repaired......Blew the 5645 AGAIN.....still got repaired no questions asked.....this was over a year or 2 period....not once did i send a recipt Nor did i need to.....Ive told buddy's with Old servo's to just send them back and They should repair and return them to you....GUESS WHAT........BRAND new servo in the package....its not a written thing but they will warranty it no questions asked from what i know.

On a side note....was watching Discovery channel the other week and saw a crazy Robot snake thing in a segment about life saving robots and robots to go into your body and do a surgeons work blah blah blah.......and when they showed a pic of the guts....guess what servo i saw......5955's...funny as it may be....but Hitec is somewhat standard when it comes to robotics and what not....and if its good enuff for them....its good enuff for me.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:02 PM
RcRacer37E

I was just correcting you on you "lifetime" comment. Hitec isnt life time its 2 years period were as JR is 3 years. I never said either company wouldnt fix or replace ones that were over its warranty period. I was correcting YOU on your statment of "LIFETIME" warranty comment. Thus, JR still has best warranty guarantee. Correct?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:24 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: nascardad24

I was just correcting you on you "lifetime" comment. Hitec isnt life time its 2 years period were as JR is 3 years. I never said either company wouldnt fix or replace ones that were over its warranty period. I was correcting YOU on your statment of "LIFETIME" warranty comment. Thus, JR still has best warranty guarantee. Correct?

no they dont.....neither is better or worse...there both good...but the fact remains...Hitec WILL warranty a OLD Ars servo without quesion....JR on the other hand will be asking for receipts and proof of purchase before making any decision's....and imo not having to deal with that makes things alot easier.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:35 AM
Oasis TR

Well that's because hitec..KNOWS they sell junk..lmfao..
Old 07-30-2008, 04:05 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK, that's enough now. Hitec, JR, Ace, all good servos, there's no need for this back and forth bickering about who has the best warranty.

Integra, please accept that your experience is not the same as most people's. You got lucky maybe, or whatever, I don't know, but I hear a lot of people complaining that Hitec warranty is not what it should be. I had an old hitec, and I also used to think they had a lifetime warranty. When I contacted Hitec, they asked where I got that crazy idea, and told me they cannot do anything for me, no matter how old the servo is, I need the original sales receipt to even get an RMA number, and even then, they will not guarantee a warranty fix until they have received and inspected it. That's fair enough, but it's far from the 'no questions asked' warranty support that you received.

There's nothing special about Hitec's warranty, honestly, you got some good treatment and that's great, but not everyone has had the same experience. They are also not the most reliable servos on the market, it's well known that they develop slop and inaccuracy quicker than most competition servos (though the titanium and carbonite geared versions are better in this respect), and you will rarely see a hitec in a truggy or buggy at the top level of competition. Normally ACE, Futaba and JR/KO Propo. As for what is used in robotics applications, that doesn't really have much bearing on what's used in RC, the requirements are different.

We understand you like Hitecs and your reasons are good ones, no argument there, however, some of us have had better experiences with other brands, there's no need to argue the point, people reading this can take what they want from it, all opinions have been stated, and the reasons for these opinoins outlined. We can let it go now.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:16 AM
Nathan9492

Well said foxy.