Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Offset wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 08:46 PM
romax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offset wheels

Sorry, but i cant seem to find out whats the difference between 1/2 offset & standard offset wheels. Does one give a truggy a wider stace ? If so what are the advantages or disadvantages. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:05 PM
INTEGRA

Default RE: Offset wheels

zero off is as it sound's.....zero offset......1/2" offset means u get 1/2" each side.. total of 1"....some trucks are designed around zero off....some around 1/2" off......there's really No disadvantage to either....but 1/2" off there's a little more rim selection.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:17 AM
mx757

If you run the 1/2 offset wheels it makes your truggy's stance just a little wider, which makes it more stable. the 0 offset wheels will make your truck a little less stable, but it will turn and react to steering inputs more quickly.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:32 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: mx757

If you run the 1/2 offset wheels it makes your truggy's stance just a little wider, which makes it more stable. the 0 offset wheels will make your truck a little less stable, but it will turn and react to steering inputs more quickly.

but u neeeed to run the proper offset per the truck...or the hubs will touch the wheels and cause problems....UNless u put the proper hubs on for w/e you are doing....IE hub extensions on an 8ight if i wanted to run Zero off wheels....as apposed to the stock 1/2" off.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:14 PM
romax

Thanks a lot for the info. i'm a beginner so i think the 1/2 offset will be more stable for me.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:43 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: romax

Thanks a lot for the info. i'm a beginner so i think the 1/2 offset will be more stable for me.

what truck do u have ?