Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Durable body ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 05:22 PM
romax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Durable body ?

New to the sport, so i crash a lot & wondering who makes a good body for my truggy. Do you have to buy brand specific bodies or are they interchangable.Are RTR bodies not as good as aftermarket ones I hope I won't have to buy a new body everytime i go to the track.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:24 PM
mx757

Default RE: Durable body ?

What truggy are you running? I know my stock cen matrix TR body has been really durable and I beat the bejebus out of it, and pro-line makes good thick bodies that do a great job of holding up.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:48 PM
romax

As i said i'm new & i will prob. get blasted for my choice of truggy , but it is a duratrax raze st which i like very much. I was thinking of up grading to the cen like you have, i just need to improve on my driving before i destroy something that nice. By the way, any problems to look for on that ?
Old 08-10-2008, 11:15 PM
mx757

My cen has been very reliable. I have a tendency to bend the stock hollow turnbuckles, but that was my fault 100% and has hopefully been cured by the CNC turnbuckles. The truck is very fast right out of the box and I have been able to run with my buddies and their more expensive losi and mugen truggies. out of the box its good enough to race, and a radio and servo upgrade makes them great. I may upgrade my motor at some point, but at this point its not needed.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:40 PM
j_blaze

the best body i ever ran was the one i put on after i learned how to drive rubber side down.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:52 PM
romax

I was wondering when someone was going to tell me that, thats a good one
Old 08-11-2008, 07:00 PM
forrestang

If you can get a proline, they're great. They're super thick, nice to work with.

I can't speak for much else, but the stock body for my thunder tiger is so flimsy and cheap it's rediculous.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:08 PM
ericem

ORIGINAL: forrestang

If you can get a proline, they're great. They're super thick, nice to work with.

I can't speak for much else, but the stock body for my thunder tiger is so flimsy and cheap it's rediculous.
Agreed, a tad thicker would have been good but in some cases I find it more durable the the proline. The proline bodies are TOOO thick sometimes and instead of flexing snaps right in half!