Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

TRUCK OR TRUGGY

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 06:29 PM
robbiesmechanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRUCK OR TRUGGY

WHICH DO YOU LIKE MORE AND WHY?
Old 08-10-2008, 06:31 PM
vnmsgt

Default RE: TRUCK OR TRUGGY

Truggy all the way!!! They can pretty much do anything a truck can but better and faster. They handle better, accelerate faster, Jump anything a truck can.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:06 PM
JB COMP

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

Truggy all the way!!! They can pretty much do anything a truck can but better and faster. They handle better, accelerate faster, Jump anything a truck can.
Yup.

But a truck (well a MT) can clime a dirt hill better, and climb over stuff better, but that gets boring after a while. I my 1/8 buggy and truggy are my fav of my cars.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Oasis TR

I have both and where i live at i dont really have a good place to bash..I do take my MT's to my GF's brothers house..lol..I get the most enjoyment out of racing them..So my choice is TRUGGY..but I also look at how much fun versus how much "work" i have to do on them to keep them running in top condition..and TRUGGY wins this one also..But their are some "things" (huge air..skate parks..BMX tracks..etc..) i would not use my TRUGGY for..That's why I have a Savage (lol)..I also have a Revo and It wont take the punishment that my Savage will..yes i have tried..the Revo is still a great MT..
Old 08-10-2008, 11:12 PM
hakmazter

that depends on your definition of truck.... give me about 6 months and you will have a new definition....
Old 08-10-2008, 11:14 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: JB COMP

Yup.

But a truck (well a MT) can clime a dirt hill better, and climb over stuff better, but that gets boring after a while. I my 1/8 buggy and truggy are my fav of my cars.

ummm...NO....a truggy will SMASH a MT in the sand pits goin up hills....a MT will Push it up.....and flip.....a truggy on the other hand...will PULL itself up the hill....try it someday...ull see what i mean.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:49 PM
redfox03

both, i love the truggy for it's buggy like abilities and the monster truck for it's abilities to just drive over everything. truggy doesn't have the ground clearance of the mt, but when it comes to racing, im all for truggy. when it comes to rippin up the public golf course up the street from my house, my monster gt is more than enough truck for the job. they both have their pros and cons. i like em both, i like to race truggy because i love MT's, and the MT race class is pretty much dead up here, so truggy all the way for racing.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:15 PM
madmax22

i like both. like the trug for handling, never flipped it in a turn and its different also durable, truck for back flips/ beating the crap out of.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Rebeldude
My Feedback: (5)

I have 2 Matrix TRs and 2 RC10T3s. They are both great. I wish I had the cash to convert my 2 matrix TRs to electric. If I did that I would probably not run the T3s anymore. Although they are easier to work on and keep running. Especially when I have a 8 year old keeping one broke from me to fix. LOL They are all fun, just depends on what you want to do with it. I had a T-maxx but sold it in plans on racing Truggy but the track closed.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:30 AM
slayerphonics

Truggy can do everything a monster truck can do, but sometimes just not as cool as a monster truck can do it.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:52 PM
RiseAgainst017

i like truggies more, but it really comes down to preference, after all this is the truggy forum
post this in the MT section and you will probably get different responses
Old 08-12-2008, 02:03 PM
Anomie

Also, it may be helpful to post in the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_179/tt.htm]General Discussions Forum[/link] for some added insight.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:23 PM
JB COMP

ORIGINAL: slayerphonics

Truggy can do everything a monster truck can do, but sometimes just not as cool as a monster truck can do it.

It can't beat a MT in tug o war. I've seen a video of a CRT rtr up against a savage and the savage won. I sure the CRT would have done better with thicker diff oil and such.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:25 PM
JB COMP

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: JB COMP

Yup.

ummm...NO....a truggy will SMASH a MT in the sand pits goin up hills....a MT will Push it up.....and flip.....a truggy on the other hand...will PULL itself up the hill....try it someday...ull see what i mean.
Maybe not dirt, but if you take a truggy and try to clime over some rocks or something like that a MT will do a much better job.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:40 PM
INTEGRA

Old 08-12-2008, 05:05 PM
JB COMP

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

I don't get you.[&:]