Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

OCM's Truggy

Old 08-13-2008, 02:39 PM
qaiz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OCM's Truggy

Whatever happened to it.?

I know a while back there was this entire drama scene unfolding with the company. And never heard a thing after.

Vnmsgt, any info.?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:26 PM
vnmsgt

Default RE: OCM's Truggy

You still cannot get it. Only ones out now are either owned by team drivers or bought from team drivers. After all that has happened with them and this person saying that and that person say this sort of thing they are concentrating on the buggy and should be working out the last few things on the truggy very soon which were the diff gears and the A-arms breaking. I have been told the A-arms have been fixed but the diff gears need to be worked on. I do not see what the problem is. If they are not shimmed correctly they blow but that is with all diffs. I have a OCM Truggy right now that was Alan Burtons old race truggy and it has the stock rear OCM Diff in it and I have had NO problems at all with it. I have all the parts for the OCM truggy in stock in my store except for external diff gears and chassis if anyone has a OCM truggy sitting around needing parts. I also have OCM A-arms in stock too.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:29 PM
qaiz

Thanks vnmsgt

How does it drive.?

Ive got a few people here who want one because they dont wanna drop the coin on an X2 ...

Any idea how far away it is.?

Thanks .
Old 08-13-2008, 03:36 PM
vnmsgt

It drives good IMO. I have the truck exactly how Alan Burton had it. I have not changed his setup and it does not turn as sharp as I would like to but it is good. It jumps very well and straight too. It makes you look like a very smooth driver. Shock towers are only 4mm when most out now are 5mm but the truggy was designed awhile ago and may have new stuff if or whenever it comes back out. If you got some guys wanting the OCM because it is cheaper than a X2, I cannot say when it will be out for sure, OCM has not told me yet. I would suggest them getting the Caster K8T. They are very similar and I am selling the hell out of Caster parts to people who have OCM truggies who cannot get arms and stuff. My Caster turns way sharper and is according to what has been said about the OCM truggy, much more reliable. The OCM Truggy I got from Alan has Mugen Arms on it, Mugen sway bars, Mugen front diff and OCM does not even come with Big Bores. He was changing all of that to run it reliably until problems were fixed. The Caster now comes with Big Bores. I run the crap out of mine and no problems.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:55 PM
qaiz

Im meeting them sometime next week, Ill definately mention the Caster. Have heard good things about it.

They're mostly buggy guys who just wanna give Truggies a shot, so dont wanna spend a lot. For $450 its a damn good price.! And then durability comes in.

Thanks for the info, really appericiate it.!

Also I need some tyres from you .

Ship to UAE .?
Old 08-13-2008, 04:29 PM
vnmsgt

I will ship to wherever, does not matter to me. I just shipped 8 sets of Caster truggy arms to a guy over it Latvia for his OCM Truggy, and couple to France too.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:47 PM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

ocm situation sucks cause i think that truck would've done well in the market when it was being advertised..I even watched some vids the truck looked good on the the track..im getting x2 bu i want a caster for my local track lol
Old 08-13-2008, 08:38 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: NewKid

ocm situation sucks cause i think that truck would've done well in the market when it was being advertised..I even watched some vids the truck looked good on the the track..im getting x2 bu i want a caster for my local track lol
So what are you waiting for. I have one here with your name on it LOL!
Old 08-13-2008, 08:51 PM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

cash lol that's why i don't have my x2 yet or my vspec or my revamped buggy haha
Old 09-01-2008, 08:14 PM
vnmsgt

Here are some pics of my OCM Truggy. Just put the TQ racing 16mm Big Bores on it and they fit perfect! Made a huge difference in handling and turning over a stock set I had on it from my K8T.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:25 PM
hakmazter

I am wondering why no one has heard anything from OCM lately????????? hmmmm....
Old 09-08-2008, 06:05 AM
pooldoc

I think OCM has backed off for a while, the situation with the usa distributor put them in a bind with their suppliers. It's a shame too cuz it is a good truggy, had a few issues that can be resolved. Brittle arms, several different truggy arms fit, weak ring and pinions, mugen diffs are a direct drop in, work flawlessly.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:18 AM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: hakmazter

I am wondering why no one has heard anything from OCM lately????????? hmmmm....
Because there buying all Caster Parts to put on there stuff LOL!!
Old 09-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Poinas2

Well that's pretty professional don't you think ??

Speaking of OCM Truggy it's well up to par with anything out there. Sadly they put it out a bit unmature but it does not take anything out of it. From my experience it can well be tuned to even make turns around any Caster on the same track and then some if needed. [>:]

If you have one or have access to one you might well grab it as it's a beast. The ones currently out there have had issues with diff.gears (will last when shimmed and maintained propery) and arms (can be replaced with either Mugen, Caster or HN (rear) parts) but you have plenty of options to keep it running incase you have a breakage. When compared to any truggy out there only thing it lacks is BB which on the other hand won't win you any race. But as said already the rig benefits from ones as does any other truggy. I personally run Hobbytech BB which are very good and cheap alternative; around 100USD with complete set of four, springs and mounting HW to fit them to basically any buggy/truggy on the market and you can use them as threaded or clips (both options included). The truggy jumps well, as said turns on a dime if needed and works very good with proper .21 like GO 5pt.

My understanding is that the truggy is not far out as OCM focused to get the Buggy lineup done and now that both the Kaos ARR and RTR are out it's the Truggy next on line. BTW keep an eye on the OCM RTR as it will be a killer for it's price and performance. It's basically a EVO ARR with exact same geometry and tunability. Only some changes on parts like plastic chassis braces (which you use anyway with ARR as well), some toe/kickup plates changed to plastic ones and different looking radioplate. Nothing that effects performance but lowers cost so very nice approach. 9KG servos, Futaba radio, OCM redline/GO engine with OCM redline FEMCA pipe and OCM M1000 tires. This one is REALLY race-ready out of the box !!
Old 09-13-2008, 02:04 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: Poinas2

Well that's pretty professional don't you think ??

Speaking of OCM Truggy it's well up to par with anything out there. Sadly they put it out a bit unmature but it does not take anything out of it. From my experience it can well be tuned to even make turns around any Caster on the same track and then some if needed. [>:]

If you have one or have access to one you might well grab it as it's a beast. The ones currently out there have had issues with diff.gears (will last when shimmed and maintained propery) and arms (can be replaced with either Mugen, Caster or HN (rear) parts) but you have plenty of options to keep it running incase you have a breakage. When compared to any truggy out there only thing it lacks is BB which on the other hand won't win you any race. But as said already the rig benefits from ones as does any other truggy. I personally run Hobbytech BB which are very good and cheap alternative; around 100USD with complete set of four, springs and mounting HW to fit them to basically any buggy/truggy on the market and you can use them as threaded or clips (both options included). The truggy jumps well, as said turns on a dime if needed and works very good with proper .21 like GO 5pt.

My understanding is that the truggy is not far out as OCM focused to get the Buggy lineup done and now that both the Kaos ARR and RTR are out it's the Truggy next on line. BTW keep an eye on the OCM RTR as it will be a killer for it's price and performance. It's basically a EVO ARR with exact same geometry and tunability. Only some changes on parts like plastic chassis braces (which you use anyway with ARR as well), some toe/kickup plates changed to plastic ones and different looking radioplate. Nothing that effects performance but lowers cost so very nice approach. 9KG servos, Futaba radio, OCM redline/GO engine with OCM redline FEMCA pipe and OCM M1000 tires. This one is REALLY race-ready out of the box !!
it was just a joke! Plus it is true. I have had alot of guys who are still running OCM that contact me about parts but they want to buy the Caster parts to see if they fit because they still think OCM will not stay. I have the parts they want but they still get Caster stuff to try out.

I have seen pics of the RTR buggy but that is it. Right now my OCM truggy turns very well. The problem I had before with it turning was in the shocks. I had stock shocks from a diff. Truggy on it and did not fit right. Now I have the TQ racing Big Bores and it woke up the truck alot. Steers way better now.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:18 AM
Poinas2

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

it was just a joke! Plus it is true. I have had alot of guys who are still running OCM that contact me about parts but they want to buy the Caster parts to see if they fit because they still think OCM will not stay. I have the parts they want but they still get Caster stuff to try out.

I have seen pics of the RTR buggy but that is it. Right now my OCM truggy turns very well. The problem I had before with it turning was in the shocks. I had stock shocks from a diff. Truggy on it and did not fit right. Now I have the TQ racing Big Bores and it woke up the truck alot. Steers way better now.

Yes I know it was. It's good to know the alternatives there is and Caster parts are one of those.

And then to anyone aut there wondering, OCM is doing good and plans to stay that way. So no need for jumping wagons as the parts are available, things are proceeding and will be done right this time.

Regarding truggy I also changed from original shocks to BB (Hobbytech ones) and it did improve the truck. Due to nice geometry you can do pretty much the same with stock shocks but with BB it's just that little bit easier. It's a tad more stable on ruts and fast corners, just enough you can easily notice the difference. Also good thing is that with the OCM you are well off with .21 so no need for fuel hungry .28. Also a sweet combination for the racing would be the truggy coupled with a GO .25. Good mileage and more grunt down low than from stock 5pt.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:15 PM
vnmsgt

Those hobbytech shocks look sweet too. Have not seen them for sale over here though. Glad to hear someone else besides me saying OCM is fine and getting there stuff straight. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one and even though I talk to OCM it makes no difference with peoples opinions.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:43 AM
pooldoc

I was the 2nd private owner of a OCM truggy in the states, it has been a rough ride at times. Got mine pretty much sorted, mugen diffs, caster arms. Tried going back to the ocm arms[has spares],boiled, soaked in wd 40, they still break way too easy. Been entertaining thoughts of jumping ship, x2 and rc8t looking very good.
Had a guy from ocm australia post on another forum wondering why I persist with the truggy, being as it was never released and as such not a proper kit, well I think that epitomizes the problems ocm had, they're distributors don't even support it. OCM made some bad choices in the people they chose to promote their products, although they do have some good too, OCM Finland,Matti in particular, has been a staunch supporter of the truggy, has gone as far as sending me parts all they way from finland to keep me running.
In my opinion OCM needs more people like him, I just hope they get this truggy out, my resolve is weakening, I'm gonna give it 1 more shot, gonna put some BB's on it,give up on the ocm sh*t for arms, keep using caster plastics where I can. Parry
Old 09-21-2008, 04:39 PM
j_blaze

p bone! i'll have an ALL caster for you to try soon
Old 09-21-2008, 06:16 PM
pooldoc

Kdol is gonna need a truggy to put that c6 in, my next truggy is gonna be from the land of the rising sun! LOL
Old 09-21-2008, 06:58 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: pooldoc

Kdol is gonna need a truggy to put that c6 in, my next truggy is gonna be from the land of the rising sun! LOL
Didn't you get my PM??? How can you pass up a chance like that? The truggy used is worth more than that. Might as well give it a try. Maybe I should give you my OCM truggy. Have not broken a part yet on it. Maybe Burton just put it together better LOL!
Old 09-21-2008, 07:24 PM
pooldoc

I'm nothing if I'm not hardheaded, wouldn't have stuck with ocm so long if I wasn't, besides blazin jonny gonna need that 2nd trugg for spares. It's in my head,x2 or rc8t, that is once I give up on ocm.Just placed an order for caster arms at holeshot. I need them by this weekend, rcpro race at machines saturday, I'm sitting 7th in points, may just be the finale for the ocm....
Old 09-21-2008, 07:45 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: pooldoc

I'm nothing if I'm not hardheaded, wouldn't have stuck with ocm so long if I wasn't, besides blazin jonny gonna need that 2nd trugg for spares. It's in my head,x2 or rc8t, that is once I give up on ocm.Just placed an order for caster arms at holeshot. I need them by this weekend, rcpro race at machines saturday, I'm sitting 7th in points, may just be the finale for the ocm....
you got a PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:46 PM
tominator06
My Feedback: (4)

Hey I see this thread is dead but I have a chance to get a ocm truggy pretty cheap and was wondering if I can still get parts in the us? It has mugen mbx5t front arms and diffs. It also has hon nor x1 rear arms. I was also wondering if the mbx5t rear arms will work because those parts are easy to get ahold of. I was told many mbx5t parts will work but want to be able to get the ocm parts if I need them. Thanks, Tom
Old 08-09-2009, 10:17 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: tominator06

Hey I see this thread is dead but I have a chance to get a ocm truggy pretty cheap and was wondering if I can still get parts in the us? It has mugen mbx5t front arms and diffs. It also has hon nor x1 rear arms. I was also wondering if the mbx5t rear arms will work because those parts are easy to get ahold of. I was told many mbx5t parts will work but want to be able to get the ocm parts if I need them. Thanks, Tom
It is a great truggy. A mix of MBX5T and Caster K8T parts fit on the OCM Truggy. I had one. Go to my site website holeshot hobbies [link=http://holeshothobbies.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=af9ac6cea9fb24c40ea333e71613d535]OCM PARTS[/link] and there is a list of OCM Parts there on sale. I have alot of OCM Truggy stuff that is not listed on there too all brand new in bags. If you have any questions about what fits let me know. The Caster K8T arms work perfect as you do not have to switch the swaybars. If you use Mugen arms you have to change out the swaybars to Mugen ones.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.