Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

What to get for 8ight-T roller?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

What to get for 8ight-T roller?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Split7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to get for 8ight-T roller?

ok so i think i wanna buy me a 8ight-T, I live in arizona near las vegas. We dont have a LHS but we have a small track down the street from my house i never went watch races but theres alot of ppl that go there so im hoping they have truggy races. So Im not new to rc cars cuz i drove some of my older bros just on the street and dirt fields. Ive just never raced so is would the 8ight-T be good for me. Also i have a wash behind my house are the truggys easily able to flogg thru sand and decent at bashin cuz im going to mostly be bashin just floggin thru the waash drivin on the street doin some jumping but ill get into racing.

Sry if it doesnt make any sense.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:38 PM
IL2mSturmovik

Default RE: 8-T good for noob?

Get one!!
Old 08-17-2008, 10:50 PM
Split7

anyone wanna comment?
Old 08-18-2008, 12:01 AM
Oasis TR

..I would get a Jammin crt v2..The Losi is a great truggy..but I think the Jammin is better for a first..and it's just as fast..
Old 08-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Split7

well can i bash and handle my was good cuz my wash is sandy and i have a open field down the strret that has bike jumps that ill customize for my rc
Old 08-18-2008, 12:40 AM
Oasis TR

Both Truggies will bash just fine..I just thought that the Losi has a few issues that would take it off my list for guys just starting out..First the end point adjustments are very critical on the throttle/brake servo on the Losi, second the handling on the Losi is pretty much on the "edge"..an experienced driver can be rewarded with some very fast lap times with the Losi..an inexperienced driver can be frustrated at times with the handling of the Losi..The Jammin is a bit more forgiving and you can be a bit off on the throttle/brake endpoint adjustments..not hating on the Losi..cuz you Losi guys know it's true..
Old 08-18-2008, 06:50 PM
K_B

Losi racer here... and I totally agree with what Oasis said

You gotta be patient and pay attention to all the little details (EPA's, linkages, etc). I'm assuming you're a young kid and from what I've seen at our track, the kids don't have the patience for that kinda stuff. They just wanna get out there and RACE I would recommend just about any other big name brand over the Losi for a first-timer unless you have somebody there who is familiar with the Losi quirks to help you out.

My first nitro anything was the Losi buggy. But I'm no kid and I love to tinker, so having to fiddle with all the linkages and EPAs to make sure they're perfect is right up my alley. The truggy has been testing my patience as of late, though. Burned up a few servos due to overlooking the details

Yeesh... got a little crazy with the happy faces...
Old 08-18-2008, 06:52 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

you get a jammin your gonna think theres still gotta be somthing a little better , I would get an 8t ... a little on the edge sure theres things you need to learn and set-up quick(endpoints)although once you get it broke in and set-up correctly you will be very pleased
Old 08-18-2008, 07:18 PM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Oasis TR

Both Truggies will bash just fine..I just thought that the Losi has a few issues that would take it off my list for guys just starting out..First the end point adjustments are very critical on the throttle/brake servo on the Losi, second the handling on the Losi is pretty much on the "edge"..an experienced driver can be rewarded with some very fast lap times with the Losi..an inexperienced driver can be frustrated at times with the handling of the Losi..The Jammin is a bit more forgiving and you can be a bit off on the throttle/brake endpoint adjustments..not hating on the Losi..cuz you Losi guys know it's true..
+1 so many people get fed up with losi's because of the epa thing and it's gotta be dead on or you'll kill your servo's quickly also another thing to note is the rear diff if you take the rear case apart make sure you put the diff inserts back in correctly also id strongly advise the aluminum ones as the plastic ones can deform on the inside causing the rear diff to sit incorrectly while running and eventually blow up...and i agree with the handling aspect it's a hit and miss and it's very finicky on the smallest changes but it's fast...however so is the x2 which is what i am getting now...that thing runs great and it's predictable in all situations
Old 08-19-2008, 12:02 AM
SycoCell
My Feedback: (3)

Get the 8T. It was my first truggy and first racing experience. I will NEVER turn back. By far my favorite machine ever!
Old 08-19-2008, 12:59 AM
Oasis TR

ORIGINAL: SycoCell

Get the 8T. It was my first truggy and first racing experience. I will NEVER turn back. By far my favorite machine ever!
Isn't it your only one..
Old 08-19-2008, 09:55 PM
SycoCell
My Feedback: (3)

lol no it's not my only truck.. i have a bunch :-)

and as far as my only truggy, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, but i have the "muggy" haha..so that's kinda like a truggy in some aspects. but damnit! get the 8T!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Oasis TR

ORIGINAL: SycoCell

lol no it's not my only truck.. i have a bunch :-)

and as far as my only truggy, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, but i have the "muggy" haha..so that's kinda like a truggy in some aspects. but damnit! get the 8T!!!
lol..
Old 08-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Split7

well my bro can help me and yea im almost 16 but yea he hasnt messed with his rcs in a like a year too expensive for him right now but hell help me out and ive been readig forums on them. Im gonna get the 8t. im thinkin the kit but ill get the dx2.0 with the free servos are those the same servos on the rtr and is this engine good http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/9018 i want alot of punch like really quick out the corners. budget on engine is like 250 no more than 300
Old 08-20-2008, 09:56 PM
l3asher

Stay away from the VG mills. The rtr has a great engine for racing in the mach 427. I would change the pipe and oils for now. Run it untill it blows, then go with a good 21 mill. I ran my servos untill they blew then I switched to hitec.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Split7

well kinda want the roller
Old 08-21-2008, 01:17 PM
K_B

I would agree. The VG mill is a nice sport motor, but more suited for the buggy. It is under-powered for truggy duty.

I've run OS, Go and RB motors. My favorite by far are RB motors. This would be a great motor for your truggy:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/23022

It's pushing your upper limit for budget, but trust me, it's worth every penny. They run great and they last forever. You could also get the S5 which is about $40 cheaper. I ran an S5 in my 8T for awhile. It's adequate but won't have the punch out of the corners like you want. MAYBE if you run a tight clutch setup it might. But they have VERY good throttle response with a wider powerband than either my Go or my OS V-Spec.

Another option are Go motors. The quality and fit-n-finish on these motors is nowhere near the quality of an RB, but they're inexpensive and they are fast. But they are finicky from what I can tell. Lots of guys in my club run Go's and they've had to replace o-rings and such to fix air leaks. I just put this one in my truggy to give it a go. It's barely broke in and it definitely has good power. But right outta the box, I had to replace the o-ring seal for the carb in the crankcase because it was damaged...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16330
Old 08-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Split7

what os engine or jammin engine that would be good and what pipe jp-4? like i said i want alot of punch out the corners.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:34 PM
J24gordon

JPX .28 will do ya good!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 05:57 PM
McFly505

JPX .28, OS .28XZ, RB C6, OS V Spec, Sirio CL7B STi, GRP.....the list goes on and on and on............

I own/have owned the OS .28XZ, both V Specs and a RB C6.
All are excellent pieces in my book.

Scott
Old 08-21-2008, 06:00 PM
K_B

The good ol' OS VZB V-Spec would give you lots of punch, but it's out of your price range. From what I can tell so far, that Go-Tech 5 port race motor has plenty of oomph too.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:56 PM
l3asher

The Picco 21 would be a good engine also.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Split7

well i hear havin 28 is bad on the drivetrain for the 8t
Old 08-21-2008, 11:04 PM
madmax22

you never know till ya try...
Old 08-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Split7

well is this good ? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/11200

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.