Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Best Glow Plug for LRP.28

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 08:05 AM
Nordy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Glow Plug for LRP.28

I am reviving my RC cars now the summer is past down here in Florida, I had lots of issues with plugs in the past and would like to know the most reliable plug to use is 80-85 degree heat consistently down here in Florida.

This is for my Losi 8T.

Any advice is helpful.

Thanks
Old 10-08-2008, 11:07 AM
The Winner

Default RE: Best Glow Plug for LRP.28

lrp #5,#6
Old 10-08-2008, 04:30 PM
scrambles12

dude how long does a glow plug usually last cuz mine wont even charg any more.ive only had it 4 a month
Old 10-08-2008, 05:19 PM
mtbkym01

I run McCoy MC-8 mediums with 25% nitro, I'm in Far North Australia, also tropical and humid and these plugs are awesome value for money IMHO

Cheers
Old 10-08-2008, 06:39 PM
scrambles12

but how long will a rechargeable glow plug last
Old 10-08-2008, 09:10 PM
cold_reboot
My Feedback: (20)

Some plugs are better than others Scrambles. I've had plugs that didn't make it through break in (a few tanks), but break in is tough on a plug. Some people can have a plug last for many gallons, next plug, same manufacturer and type, might last 1 gallon. When I broke in my ST1 the stock plug lasted a few tanks, replaced it with a McCoy and it's still in there (several months). On the same token, my brother-in-law put the sameMccoy plug in his Savage and it'd last about two weeks. Plug life got a lot better when he got more time on the engine. The plug that came with the LRP I bought is still in it (also several months and it made it through break in). They aren't rated for average hours you'll get out of it like a light bulb. Plugs temp will also play a role in how much time you might get out of it. Your best bet is just tell people what your putting it in and ask them what they've had the best luck with.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:47 PM
mtbkym01

ORIGINAL: scrambles12

but how long will a rechargeable glow plug last
?????, You must be talking about glow plug ignitors?, am I right? Do you mean the thing you attach to the glow plug when starting your engine? without knowing what you have, it's hard to say how long it will last. If it wont charge anymore, maybe the cell (battery) in it is dead. Depending on what type you have, the cell can be changed, otherwise you need a new ignitor
Old 10-09-2008, 11:56 PM
scrambles12

i was talking about the glow plug ignitor.butt no worries cuz i went to my local shop and it turns out my charger was broke so i had to buy a new one.its all good now