Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

good motor for st-1

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 05:21 PM
t-maxxmaniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good motor for st-1

ok iv decided im getting a tt st-1 im gona get the rtr ill see how the motor goes, but from videos iv seen it doesnt rev much and i dont like that....any good motors out there? are axail motors any good?
Old 11-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Eganwp
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: good motor for st-1

Not sure which vids you're watching but I've been pretty impressed with the stock engine once tuned properly. Grab a 2035 pipe to allow it to breath properly and it's much better.

Tonight I was able to light up all 4 Pro-Line Bowtie tires on pavement after a sideways slide. When it's tuned properly she run's awesome. Will easily wheelie of bumps and jumps. I'm dropping a JPX .28 engine in for Christmas tho, cause I wanna be able to wheelie on demand.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:54 PM
bajaracer1501

ORIGINAL: t-maxxmaniac

ok iv decided im getting a tt st-1 im gona get the rtr ill see how the motor goes, but from videos iv seen it doesnt rev much and i dont like that....any good motors out there? are axail motors any good?

Supertib on this forum is in the process of doing a Stage 1 mod on a [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_23_79/products_id/5098]Picco .28[/link] for me as well as putting a turbo button head on it for my ST1. It's supposed to rev real high and be a tire ballooning monster in a truggy...not recommended for the track though.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:59 PM
kweezinarts

ORIGINAL: Eganwp

Not sure which vids you're watching but I've been pretty impressed with the stock engine once tuned properly. Grab a 2035 pipe to allow it to breath properly and it's much better.

Tonight I was able to light up all 4 Pro-Line Bowtie tires on pavement after a sideways slide. When it's tuned properly she run's awesome. Will easily wheelie of bumps and jumps. I'm dropping a JPX .28 engine in for Christmas tho, cause I wanna be able to wheelie on demand.

the jpx.28 is a perfect engine for the ST-1 but you'll def not be doing wheelies with it unless you change a few things...
Old 11-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Eganwp
My Feedback: (1)

Yep I know
Old 11-10-2008, 02:00 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Jammin will be awesome(it's probably what I would get..), but if you don't want to deal with mega starterbox-killing pinch and a gallon+ break-in and having to seal and possibly de-bur the carb..., the new LRP Z30 Truggy Version would be another interesting option..

The LRP Z28 truggy version would be good too. And maybe cuz they came out with the 30 the 28'll be going extra cheap??..

I think I personally would get the Jammin, but mostly to see what all the hoopla is about, and as a kind of masochistic challenge to see if I could get it to run right without too much cussing. To people I don't dislike though I would probably recommend the LRP...
Old 11-12-2008, 09:39 PM
kweezinarts

maybe im one of the lucky ones but theres been no fuss about the jpx.28 so far from me and i still consider myself a nitro noob...

no debur, no carb sealing, no cussing (except when i burned my finger on the pipe), hold a tune great, heated up for break-in to 170ish and no probs even with 2x550 motors and still using same turbo plug after 1.5gal...
but the lrp30 looks swell too...